The Good Place

Bruins72

Jan 25, 2017, 10:44:37 AM1/25/17
So I know this group isn't big on network sitcoms but has anyone watched
The Good Place? It's the one with Kristin Bell and Ted Danson. She's a
not nice person that dies and ends up in the good place (heaven) by
mistake. It's pretty funny and the season ended with a good twist. It's
only 13 episodes for the season (like a cable show), and they're half
hour episodes, so its not much of a commitment.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 7:27:00 PM1/26/17
That sounds good, I'll check it out. Have you tried Broad City?

Bruins72

Jan 27, 2017, 10:25:56 AM1/27/17
Nope. Comedy Central has let me down too many times.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 10:02:11 PM1/30/17
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 10:44:37 AM UTC-5, Bruins72 wrote:
It's enjoyable enough.

Bruins72

Jan 31, 2017, 9:52:29 AM1/31/17
Yeah, it's nothing ground-breaking but it's a decent half hour sitcom. I
also read yesterday that they've ordered 13 more episodes for next season.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 3:23:06 PM1/31/17
Pretty much the only character I like is Cheety lol. Kristen Bell has too much snark, it's annoying and that Tahani, well is there a bus nearby I can throw her under? Has Ted Danson ever wavered from his Sam role? lol. Still, I will keep watching, it's good and mindless. Meanwhile, your suggestion of CNN's The Seventies was awesome. Also so is The 60's! (also CNN). Is there an 80's?

Bruins72

Feb 1, 2017, 9:37:05 AM2/1/17
Just wait until towards the end. Things really get flipped around and
then you'll look at everything differently.

I watched the 70's and yes there is an 80's one to go with it. I haven't
seen the 60's. I'll have to take a look for it. I think part of the
reason they're so good is because Tom Hanks is one of the producers.

slay...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 5:40:19 PM2/2/17
There's also a 50's! Search for David Halberstam, it's not CNN. Episode 5 was alot about Bill Russell, right up your ally, Celtics, how he changed basketball. omg I can't even believe what black people in the south went through, that was a rough episode.

Izzard

Feb 28, 2017, 4:36:39 PM2/28/17
I'm downloading it, I could do with a laugh x

Izzard

Feb 28, 2017, 4:45:58 PM2/28/17
Ewe had a look. I wasn't keen at all.

Izzard

Mar 3, 2017, 6:58:24 PM3/3/17
On 25 Jan 2017 10:46, Bruins72 wrote:
I watched the first one, I wasn't too keen on it though. I don't think
I'll be watching anymore.