Colony

Bruins72

Jan 26, 2017, 10:19:48 AM1/26/17
Is anyone watching Colony? It's about a near future where we've been
invaded by aliens and the survivors are contained in walled in areas.
It's got Sawyer from Lost and Lori from Walking Dead. They're a couple
with kids (one got separated from them and is in another area). The
concept is kind of scifi but not totally. So far we haven't seen the
aliens. We just see the humans that have been tasked to do security for
them. We also see the aliens' drones.

So far it's actually much better than I thought it was going to be. It
was a show on USA Network and they're usually more misses than hits. I
think they either just started airing the second season or will soon.

poldy

Jan 26, 2017, 8:04:23 PM1/26/17
Not watching but it's from one of the executive producers of Lost.

Bruins72

Jan 27, 2017, 10:26:35 AM1/27/17
Yes, Carlton Cuse. Let's just hope they don't pull a "Lost" on us.

Izzard

Jan 30, 2017, 5:27:44 AM1/30/17

"Bruins72" wrote in message news:o6foo5$jhq$2...@dont-email.me...
I know this is a strange question, but do children have something stuck on
their backs that they can't remove?

Bruins72

Jan 30, 2017, 10:26:12 AM1/30/17
Nope. That was Falling Skies or something like that. It was on TNT a few
years back.

I just finished the first season of Colony last night. In the final
episode or maybe the one before it, we finally see an alien but we don't
really. We just see some sort of humanoid form inside some high-tech suit.

Season 2 is currently running on USA now. I'll have to see what they
have On Demand.

EGK

Jan 30, 2017, 11:00:54 AM1/30/17
I was hesitant to watch this because of Cuse. Lost still pisses me off. lol

Originally they said Colony was just supposed to be about the psychological
aspects of living under an occupation. That was fine but they ran out of
story for that pretty quick. Now they're having to do more with the aliens
and they're just making it up as they go.

I think most shows do that but some do it better than others. Colony
doesn't really seem to have a goal to move towards.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 10:01:22 PM1/30/17
I tried to give this one a chance but halfway through the 3rd ep I gave up.

Bruins72

Jan 31, 2017, 9:51:03 AM1/31/17
Yeah, I'm sure it was bound to head there eventually. Still, in the
first season it did deal with the occupation well. There were the people
that wanted to fight back. There were the people that went along with
their oppressors trying to minimize the damage done. Then there were the
people that seemed to enjoy the opportunity to be cruel. And then there
were the people that found a way to profit from it.

I know one thing, Sarah Wayne Callies has the "untrustworthy wife" role
locked down.

Izzard

Feb 28, 2017, 4:41:00 PM2/28/17
I'll have a look, but the connection to Lost has put me off a bit.

slay...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2017, 3:50:15 PM3/1/17
You won't like it

Izzard