What are you watching?

slay...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2017, 6:21:02 AM12/30/17
I finished Santa Clarita diet, loved it, can't wait for the next season.
Happy is great, Christopher Meloni is AWESOME in it!
The Long Road Home, intense, is there anything Michael Kelly isn't in?
I miss House of Cards. I'm bummed it will now have to conclude without its star because Spacey sneezed in a gay man's direction who only now decides to remember it. PLEASE.

EGK

Dec 30, 2017, 10:06:07 AM12/30/17
I finished Santa Clarita diet too. I liked it. I just finished watching
the second season of Travelers on Netflix too. That's a sci-fi/time travel
show if you never heard of it. There's two seasons out.

I'm currently 4 episodes in to the new season 4 of Black Mirror.

and lol @ Spacey sneezing in a gay man's direction. They're coming out of
the woodwork to accuse him of sexual harassment for decades. That first
guy who accused him and set it all in motion is the actor playing the
Engineer on the new Star Trek Discovery, Anthonry Rapp. He claimed Spacy
got him alone after a party at Spacey's apartment and made a crude sexual
advance when he was only 14. I wonder where the hell his parents were at
that age?

On the one hand I find it ludicrous that all it takes is accusations
nowadays to end someone's career. At the same time it's funny as hell
watching the Hollyweird liberals eating their own. They're the ones who
helped give such power to the social justice warriors. After decades of
trying to hide it, Spacey tried playing the "gay card" and even that didn't
work in this atmosphere.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2018, 5:47:05 PM1/8/18
lol they are all so sick. Rampant narcissism.
Meanwhile, I downloaded Black Mirror S4. Any good? I tried hard to like Travelers, I watched the first 4 eps but I think I'm out.

EGK

Jan 8, 2018, 8:57:56 PM1/8/18
I watched all of Black Mirror and thought season 4 was pretty good. The
first one, a sort of Star Trek Parody is one of the better ones in the
series, in my opinion.

I'm now watching Chance. Hugh Laurie's new show on Hulu. It has two
seasons out. I finished season 1 and just started season 2. If you miss
him from House, you might give it a shot though it's nothing like that.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2018, 5:58:16 AM1/9/18
It's great! I'm watching it now. What a riot.

> I'm now watching Chance. Hugh Laurie's new show on Hulu. It has two
> seasons out. I finished season 1 and just started season 2. If you miss
> him from House, you might give it a shot though it's nothing like that.

I never watched House, but Chance looks good. Should I say it? I'll give it a chance! hahahah I had to. sorry.

EGK

Jan 9, 2018, 11:41:36 AM1/9/18
Ahh, I seemed to recall you did watch House. That was a great series if you
like a Dr who's a total dick to everyone around him, including the patients.
lol I enjoyed it a lot.

>I never watched House, but Chance looks good. Should I say it? I'll give it a chance! hahahah I had to. sorry.

oh, my god. You'd get voted off the island for that one for sure. :)

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 7:27:03 AM1/12/18
lol. I've watched the first 2 eps of Chance. I'm hooked! Have the latest ep of Happy in my vault, looking forward to it. Black Mirror is great. And still working on DS9, I'm on season 5. That was a good star trek series.

EGK

Jan 12, 2018, 11:46:31 AM1/12/18
Chance just got cancelled. lol Hulu decided not to do a 3rd season but
season 2 can serve as a series ender so no biggy. I enjoyed it but it has
some plot twists that will make you roll your eyes. Especially in season 2.
Ethan Suplee as D comes off the best.

I haven't watched DS9 in years but it was a very good show. I'm watching
the latest Star Trek Discovery but not that keen on it so far. It's like
the movies. They put more in to the special effects than the writing of the
plots.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2018, 2:54:28 PM1/13/18
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-5, EGK wrote:

> Chance just got cancelled. lol

Damn. lol

Hulu decided not to do a 3rd season but
> season 2 can serve as a series ender so no biggy. I enjoyed it but it has
> some plot twists that will make you roll your eyes. Especially in season 2.
> Ethan Suplee as D comes off the best.

He's a great character. Hugh Laurie sceeves me out a little. He licks his lips too much.

> I haven't watched DS9 in years but it was a very good show. I'm watching
> the latest Star Trek Discovery but not that keen on it so far. It's like
> the movies. They put more in to the special effects than the writing of the
> plots.

I agree. The Klingons are awful, it's like watching opera. I like The Orville much more.

EGK

Jan 13, 2018, 3:55:08 PM1/13/18
I read that Seth MacFarlane who does The Orville said they were going to
make it more straight sci-fi next season. That they realized that could
stand on it's own without the campy humor. I like the humor but agree a
little bit goes a long way.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2018, 4:17:14 PM1/13/18
It CAN stand on its own! Good for him for realizing that. I'm sure they'll find the right balance. They could lose that gelatinous guy, imo. The doctor and him ep was just gross.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2018, 6:50:46 PM1/19/18
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:46:31 AM UTC-5, EGK wrote:

> Chance just got cancelled. lol

I can see why. Season 2 sucks so far. I'm on ep 3. So implausible.

Hulu decided not to do a 3rd season but
> season 2 can serve as a series ender so no biggy. I enjoyed it but it has
> some plot twists that will make you roll your eyes. Especially in season 2.
> Ethan Suplee as D comes off the best.

Exactly right. I am rolling my eyes and saying "huh?" and counting the number of times Hugh Laurie darts his creepy little tongue out between his lips. It's not as egregious as in season 1, someone might have said something to him. I've noticed LOTS of editing around it, they cut him off at the pass.

I finished all the eps in Black Mirror. I enjoyed them all, but agree the first one was my fave. Really well written show. How was Season 3? Worth a download?

EGK

Jan 19, 2018, 7:49:43 PM1/19/18
I thought all the seasons of Black mirror had at least one or two good
episodes. I just thought it was over-hyped a lot. They've all kind of
blended together now.
Episode 1, the politician and the pig got so much hype for the show but I
found it off-putting. I don't see how the show is any better than the mid
90's to early 2000's version of The Outer Limits that ran on Showtime for
some years. That was quite similar. Another similar show that's out this
year was Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams. That had a few good ones out of
10 episodes. At least with anthologies like those shows, if one doesn't
suit your fancy, the next might.

I'm glad I watched all of Chance but wasn't that disappointed to hear it was
canceled. It's final episode is a fit ending to it anyway.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 5:08:49 PM1/20/18
Oh wow, Pepper's mom is Danny! She hasn't changed a bit http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0219748/

EGK

Jan 20, 2018, 5:32:50 PM1/20/18
I've noticed her in a few shows but usually in pretty small rolls. She was
in the final season or two of Longmire playing a small part as a DA.