Sneaky Pete

EGK

Jan 24, 2017, 11:18:42 AM1/24/17
Another Amazon series. Is anyone else watching this? I'm liking it so
far after watching 3 of the 10 episodes in season 1.

It's got a Fargo type vibe. Giovanni Ribisi plays a con man who's just
out of jail and hiding out in upstate NY. Bryan Cranston is a gangster
type who's hunting him. Margo Martindale who was so good as Mags Bennet in
Justified is also featured. Cranston is one of the producers.

Bruins72

Jan 24, 2017, 4:30:46 PM1/24/17
I didn't pay it any attention because I don't like Ribisi. Something
about him just bothers me. He's creepy. Cranston and Martindale are
really good actors though. Maybe I should give it a shot. We'll see if I
can talk the wife into it.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 7:26:12 PM1/26/17
Thanks! I hadn't even heard of it. I recently finished watching Bryan Cranston in The Infiltrator (movie). Was good.

EGK

Jan 28, 2017, 10:26:12 AM1/28/17
I just finished all 10 episode last night. I thought it was real good. If
you like Fargo I think you'll like this. The main plots were tied up in
the end but they immediately led to a setup for another season. Amazon has
already renewed it.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 5:12:37 PM1/28/17
On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:26:12 AM UTC-5, EGK wrote:

> I just finished all 10 episode last night. I thought it was real good. If
> you like Fargo I think you'll like this. The main plots were tied up in
> the end but they immediately led to a setup for another season. Amazon has
> already renewed it.

I've got them downloaded and I loved Fargo, so I'm looking forward to it after I finish a few other things.

Izzard

Jan 31, 2017, 9:18:41 AM1/31/17

wrote in message
I wasn't too keen on this. I only watched one episode, so I'll probably
watch the second one to give it a chance..

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 3:24:03 PM1/31/17
Ohhh, well that does not bode well.

slay...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 4:03:18 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:18:41 AM UTC-5, Izzard wrote:
I only watched half of the first episode. I'm out. You mean to tell me that the entire family believes he is theirs after only 20 years have passed? Including the cop who was his inseparable childhood buddy when they were 12? That's just ridiculous.

Izzard

Feb 2, 2017, 2:10:08 PM2/2/17

wrote in message
I won't be watching the second episode. I gave it a bit of a chance but it's
not for me.. I'm out!

EGK

Feb 2, 2017, 3:56:48 PM2/2/17
On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 19:10:06 -0000, "Izzard" <EdIz...@Outlook.com> wrote:

>wrote in message
>
>On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:18:41 AM UTC-5, Izzard wrote:
>> wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:26:12 AM UTC-5, EGK wrote:
>>

>> > I just finished all 10 episode last night. I thought it was real good.
>> > If
>> > you like Fargo I think you'll like this. The main plots were tied up
>> > in
>> > the end but they immediately led to a setup for another season. Amazon
>> > has
>> > already renewed it.
>>
>> I've got them downloaded and I loved Fargo, so I'm looking forward to it
>> after I finish a few other things.
>>

>> I wasn't too keen on this. I only watched one episode, so I'll probably
>> watch the second one to give it a chance..
>
>I only watched half of the first episode. I'm out. You mean to tell me that
>the entire family believes he is theirs after only 20 years have passed?
>Including the cop who was his inseparable childhood buddy when they were 12?
>That's just ridiculous.
>

>I won't be watching the second episode. I gave it a bit of a chance but it's
>not for me.. I'm out!

I won't try to convince you otherwise but the show changes and gets more
involved as it goes along. I compared it to Fargo for the characters and
how many plots they've got going on..

With all the stuff we accept in TV shows, I find it odd that you aren't
willing to suspend disbelief that his family accepts he's Pete though. They
haven't seen him in 20yrs. His mother got in a fight with the family and
left with Pete when he was still a kid. There are lots of kids I knew well
when I was 12 that I wouldn't have remembered even 10yrs later much less 20
if they suddenly disappeared from my life. People can change a lot from
that age to adulthood.

Marius even resembled adult Pete. He looked more like Pete than he did his
supposed real brother in the show. Here's a picture of them.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/08/sneaky-pete-ribisi-amazon-cropped.jpg

As the series starts, Marius just spent 3 years in prison listening to his
cell mate, Pete, constantly telling him stories about growing up on the
farm. As a conman, he remembered a lot of it and uses that. He also
feigns normal forgetfulness for other things. Later in the series he even
visits Pete at the prison to get some new information he needs.

slay...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 5:34:44 PM2/2/17
I'll just consider this payback for The Fall. Now we're even lol

EGK

Feb 2, 2017, 6:10:30 PM2/2/17
Really? You thought it sucked?

slay...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 6:19:53 PM2/2/17
That whole family acceptance thing really bothered me! I just couldn't suspend my belief. Also, I don't think the first season of The Fall sucked. But granted it got pretty bad. Did you ever finish Happy Valley?

EGK

Feb 2, 2017, 6:56:40 PM2/2/17
At least I watched the whole first two seasons of The Fall. lol I skipped
the 3rd entirely.

And yes, I finished both seasons of Happy Valley. I liked them both though
I thought the plot with Tommy went on too long and they totally ignored or
forgot about one plot thread. The one that started off the second season
about human trafficking of Eastern European women.

slay...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2017, 5:28:33 AM2/3/17
Right they totally dropped that. I didn't mind, I found it random anyway and was glad they dropped it. I wish I had skipped the third season of The Fall lol.

Bruins72

Feb 3, 2017, 10:13:09 AM2/3/17
I haven't bothered with the third season of The Fall either. I watched
the first two a while back but when I heard such bad things about the
third, I didn't even bother with it.

Izzard

Feb 28, 2017, 4:42:44 PM2/28/17
I watched a few episodes of season 0ne, I didn't like it at all.

slay...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2017, 3:49:43 PM3/1/17
I watched half of the first ep and dropped out