Re: Celebrity Apprentice:Schwarzenegger...does not offer much to engage with except faded glory...

1 view

Ubiquitous

Jan 3, 2017, 6:54:22 PM1/3/17
jess...@gmail.com wrote:

>http://variety.com/2017/tv/reviews/tv-review-new-celebrity-apprentice-arnold-schwarzenegger-1201951261/
>
> It’s hard to watch “The Apprentice” and just watch “The Apprentice.”
> The show is stacked with signifiers that point to the nadir of the
> 2016 election, harassment allegations, controversial business
> practices, and investigation by the press. And because last night’s
> attempt to reframe the show is, simply, quite bad, it is difficult
> to think of much else besides all of those signifiers.
>
>I of course knew about the show but had no idea when it was on and
>would not have sampled even if I did. I recall the first and maybe
>second season of The Apprentice which I rather quite enjoyed (never
>watched any of the celeb editions) and seemed to recall rather
>enjoying this balls to the wall Trump and this particular
>Mark Burnett competition however by S3 I was over it. I don't remember
>which season if it was not the first or second when Ivanka showed up
>but she sure was entertaining to gawk at her.

I've only seen a handful of eps; it was not my cup o tea.

I am still having difficulty seeing "Ahnold" make it work.

--
Obama acting tough at this point is like an athlete finally trash
talking out the team bus window as it leaves the stadium parking

Michael Black

Jan 3, 2017, 11:29:56 PM1/3/17
On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, Ubiquitous wrote:

> jess...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> http://variety.com/2017/tv/reviews/tv-review-new-celebrity-apprentice-arnold-schwarzenegger-1201951261/
>>
>> It?s hard to watch ?The Apprentice? and just watch ?The Apprentice.?
>> The show is stacked with signifiers that point to the nadir of the
>> 2016 election, harassment allegations, controversial business
>> practices, and investigation by the press. And because last night?s
>> attempt to reframe the show is, simply, quite bad, it is difficult
>> to think of much else besides all of those signifiers.
>>
>> I of course knew about the show but had no idea when it was on and
>> would not have sampled even if I did. I recall the first and maybe
>> second season of The Apprentice which I rather quite enjoyed (never
>> watched any of the celeb editions) and seemed to recall rather
>> enjoying this balls to the wall Trump and this particular
>> Mark Burnett competition however by S3 I was over it. I don't remember
>> which season if it was not the first or second when Ivanka showed up
>> but she sure was entertaining to gawk at her.
>
> I've only seen a handful of eps; it was not my cup o tea.
>
> I am still having difficulty seeing "Ahnold" make it work.

I was thinking as I watched it last night that they should have had
contestants from his movies.

So they could have Rae Dawn Chong (from "COmmando") and Penelope Ann
Miller (from "Kindergarten Cop") and Danny Devito (from "Twins") and so
on. That would add some familiarity (and a higher level of
celebritiness), but Arnold would be stuck between terminating someone who
didn't do well but at the same time terminating someone he worked with,
maybe was even friends with. That might add an element to the show.

Michael

Ubiquitous

Jan 4, 2017, 5:29:38 AM1/4/17
Comcast/Xfinity on-demand was promoting the shit out of this last night.
Yeah, it didn't interest me at all.