Stephen Colbert accuses Elmo of copying him with his The Not Too Late Show with Elmo title

Ubiquitous

May 20, 2020, 8:00:11 PM5/20/20
https://youtu.be/-PI3AN96MPc

"Sesame Street" favourite Elmo dropped in for a virtual visit on Monday
night's edition of Global`s "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" .

During the conversation, Elmo offered an update on how the denizens of
Sesame Street are coping with the pandemic. Oscar the Grouch, he
pointed out, is doing particularly well at the moment, since "there's a
lot to be grouchy about."

The furry red monster's main purpose, however, was to plug his new talk
show, "The Not Too Late Show with Elmo", and "Late Show" host Stephen
Colbert had a bone to pick with his new TV competitor.

"I noticed it's called `The Not Too Late Show', I see what you're doing
there," Colbert said. "I can see that you're copying me."

"No way," responded the incredulous monster, trying to laugh off the
comparison as Colbert pointed out the title sounds "awfully close to
`The Late Show'."

"But not too close," Elmo pointed out, revealing he checked things out
first with the letters "T" and "M."

--
Every American should want President Trump and his administration to
handle the coronavirus epidemic effectively and successfully. Those who