Late-Night Comedians FINALLY Blast Harvey Weinstein, But Not Without Blasting Trump

Ubiquitous

Oct 10, 2017, 9:04:53 PM10/10/17

Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.

While their hits at Harvey Weinstein were a breath of fresh air, that
did not mean they did not also take the opportunity to blast President
Trump, even comparing him to the now-disgraced movie mogul.

Stephen Colbert had some of the best jokes and pulled zero punches,
righteously framing Weinstein as a perverted creep whose alleged
sexual behavior has no place in civilized society.

Referencing Weinstein's alleged penchant for masturbating into potted
plants in front of frightened, cornered women, Colbert warned: "If you
ever have dinner at Harvey Weinstein’s house, avoid the fresh basil,
and after the salad's been served, when he comes around the table,
that's not a pepper grinder he's holding."

The jokes naturally prompted the audience to squirm with uncomfortable
groans amidst their laughter.

“This is monstrous behavior that, in a just world, would not have been
allowed to go on for decades. It is indefensible,” Colbert began.

Rather than leave it there, Colbert then tied the Weinstein
allegations in with President Trump's leaked Access Hollywood tape
from last year where the president was heard bragging about his sexual
exploits with women.

"When you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything . . . Grab
them by the pussy. You can do anything," Trump could be heard saying
on the tape.

When asked recently about the comments made in the tape and how they
compare with allegations made against Weinstein, President Trump
reiterated that it was just "locker room talk." Colbert rejected this
and directly compared the president to Weinstein: "That’s like
Weinstein saying, masturbating in a potted plant is 'just greenhouse
talk.'"

https://youtu.be/07bHQFWCKIw

Jimmy Kimmel had less tact and dedicated his joke session to blasting
Trump. Though he did acknowledge Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment
charges, he used them as an opportunity to compare him to President
Trump.

In a Twitter exchange with Donald Trump Jr. over the weekend, Kimmel
was asked why he had not yet spoken up about Weinstein, a huge
Democratic Party donor. Kimmel issued his response to Don Jr. on his
program Monday night.

"The insinuation was that we as part of the biased left-wing media
propaganda machine wouldn't say anything about him because he's a
Democrat," Kimmel said about Weinstein. "Never mind the thousands of
jokes about Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton and all the other Bills of
that ilk."

"Harvey Weinstein was a Clinton supporter, and listen, it's true," he
continued. "I'm not defending Hillary Clinton. Fact is, her campaign
did take money from what turned out to be a high-profile man who's
been accused of sexual harassment multiple times. And not just one of
them, by the way. She took money from two of them: Harvey Weinstein
and Donald Trump, who donated to Hillary's campaign in 2008."

"So anyway, note to DJTJ, next time you're defending your father and
you think it's a good idea to draw a comparison between him and a
freshly accused sexual predator? Don't. It doesn't help."

Kimmel's one joke about Weinstein got brutally personal, making fun of
both his weight and alleged perverted behavior.

“What’s the difference between Harvey Weinstein and the Pillsbury
Doughboy?” Kimmel quipped. “When the Pillsbury Doughboy offers you a
roll, he doesn’t ask you to watch him take a shower for it.”

https://youtu.be/5xgX_tNTWgs

Late-night host Seth Meyers opted to hand the Harvey Weinstein bashing
over to his female writers, who applauded the women who went on record
about Weinstein's harassment and scoffed at Meryl Streep's claim that
"not everybody knew" about his behavior. They also denounced him as a
hypocrite for pushing progressive causes while treating women like
blow-up dolls. No comparisons were made to President Trump.

https://youtu.be/hRRnKJwbrcw

Rudy Canoza

Oct 10, 2017, 9:10:40 PM10/10/17
On 10/10/2017 6:59 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
>
> While their hits at Harvey Weinstein were a breath of fresh air, that
> did not mean they did not also take the opportunity to blast President
> Trump, even comparing him to the now-disgraced movie mogul.

My older brother told me that in San Diego, there is a sizable
contingent of Boston Red Sox fans who come to a lot of San Diego Padres
baseball games. He said that no matter what team the Padres are
playing, at several points in the game, the Red Sox fans all stand up
and shout, "Yankees suck!"

This is how it is, and ought to be, with Trump. No matter what the
topic is, no matter who the audience is, everyone needs interject into
every discussion and conversation, "Trump is a shitbag." It needs to be
shouted.

FPP

Oct 10, 2017, 9:30:49 PM10/10/17
On 10/10/17 9:59 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.

Finally?
When did the news break? A hundred years ago?

--
"If you can't drink their whiskey, screw their women, take their money,
and vote against 'em anyway, you don't belong in office." -Molly Ivins

BTR1701

Oct 11, 2017, 12:44:50 PM10/11/17
In article <20171010-0...@news.giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.

But not after waiting almost a week to make sure which way the wind was
blowing with regard to Weinstein. Now that Weinstein is conclusively
done, it's safe for them to tear into him.

Courage!

> "The insinuation was that we as part of the biased left-wing media
> propaganda machine wouldn't say anything about him because he's a
> Democrat," Kimmel said about Weinstein. "Never mind the thousands of
> jokes about Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton and all the other Bills of
> that ilk."

And yet Kimmel has Bill Clinton on his show at least once a year as a
guest, and treats him like a feted elder statesman. He certainly never
uses the opportunity to take Clinton to task over his sexually predatory
behavior.

BTR1701

Oct 11, 2017, 12:46:16 PM10/11/17
In article <orjs89$our$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/10/17 9:59 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> > Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
> > Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
> > dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
> > claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
> > watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
>
> Finally? When did the news break? A hundred years ago?

Well, considering when they have a hot Trump take, it's worked into
their shows mere hours after it happens, the fact that it took them a
week with Weinstein merits a 'finally' and highlights the bias.

FPP

Oct 11, 2017, 6:31:23 PM10/11/17
On 10/11/17 12:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20171010-0...@news.giganews.com>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
>> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
>> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
>> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
>> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
> But not after waiting almost a week to make sure which way the wind was
> blowing with regard to Weinstein. Now that Weinstein is conclusively
> done, it's safe for them to tear into him.

Yeah, how long did it take for Fox to call out Ailes and O'Reilly?
I mean, how many YEARS was it?

FPP

Oct 11, 2017, 6:31:55 PM10/11/17
On 10/11/17 12:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20171010-0...@news.giganews.com>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
>> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
>> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
>> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
>> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
> But not after waiting almost a week to make sure which way the wind was
> blowing with regard to Weinstein. Now that Weinstein is conclusively
> done, it's safe for them to tear into him.

So, by your own admission, less than a week.

FPP

Oct 11, 2017, 6:33:30 PM10/11/17
Trump is a public figure. You can poke him anytime.
Ruining the reputation of a private citizen is a little more problematic.

If you're not sure about that, maybe you know a lawyer who could explain
it to you.

#BeamMeUpScotty

Oct 11, 2017, 6:51:13 PM10/11/17
On 10/10/2017 09:30 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 10/10/17 9:59 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
>> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
>> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
>> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
>> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
>
> Finally?
> When did the news break?  A hundred years ago?

They were hoping it would go away....

--
That's Karma

BTR1701

Oct 12, 2017, 1:05:52 PM10/12/17
In article <orm67p$c7e$4...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/11/17 12:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <orjs89$our$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Finally? When did the news break? A hundred years ago?
> >
> > Well, considering when they have a hot Trump take, it's worked into
> > their shows mere hours after it happens, the fact that it took them a
> > week with Weinstein merits a 'finally' and highlights the bias.

> Trump is a public figure.

So is Weinstein, moron.

Ubiquitous

Oct 16, 2017, 7:45:03 AM10/16/17
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Late-night comedians finally broke their silence over Harvey
>> Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment of young women Monday night,
>> dishing out some brutally honest jokes about the many disgusting
>> claims against Weinstein's behavior, which included asking women to
>> watch him shower naked and masturbating into potted plants.
>
>But not after waiting almost a week to make sure which way the wind was
>blowing with regard to Weinstein. Now that Weinstein is conclusively
>done, it's safe for them to tear into him.
>
>Courage!

I think they call it "speaking to power". *snicker*

>> "The insinuation was that we as part of the biased left-wing media
>> propaganda machine wouldn't say anything about him because he's a
>> Democrat," Kimmel said about Weinstein. "Never mind the thousands of
>> jokes about Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton and all the other Bills of
>> that ilk."
>
>And yet Kimmel has Bill Clinton on his show at least once a year as a
>guest, and treats him like a feted elder statesman. He certainly never
>uses the opportunity to take Clinton to task over his sexually predatory
>behavior.

Was Crooked Hillary ever on his show?

Bill Steele

Oct 19, 2017, 4:48:40 PM10/19/17
On 10/16/17 7:45 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> And yet Kimmel has Bill Clinton on his show at least once a year as a
> guest, and treats him like a feted elder statesman. He certainly never
> uses the opportunity to take Clinton to task over his sexually predatory
> behavior.

I wouldn't call Clinton a predator. He just took what was offered.
Including what was sent deliberately to get him in trouble.

Fair to say, though, that many men seek power because it brings those
offers. And for guys like Trump and Weinstein because it means they
don't have to wait.

I'm remembering the scene in "Alice's Restaurant" where the girl tells
Arlo she wants to sleep with somebody fanous,.