alive.media.tv.discovery deletion

Wi...@alive.media.tv.discovery

Jul 23, 2007, 10:46:00 PM7/23/07

without indictment, hearing, or trial.

- Everything you have can be taken away at the whim of one or two
federal or state officials operating in secret

- The loss of basic American constitutional guarantees: due process,
the presumption of innocence, and the right to own and enjoy
private property

Imagine all that happened on one day.

What do you think would have happened next?

Civil war would have broken out.

We no longer live in the home of the brave, land of the free.

We are controlled by the hand of the Freeh, beating the Drum of Fear.

It happened slowly over decades, a steady
drum-beat of destruction of the American Way.

Solely for the benefit of those in power.

Not for the people.

It's supposed to be 'government *for* the people, by the people'.

We have slowly reached a state of McCarthyism against any elected
official who shows ANY "SIGNS OF SOFTNESS" in the War against Crime.

The constant state of War against imaginary enemies must end.

By imaginary, I mean crime was going down the whole War time.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

----

I repeat: Civil war would have broken out.

----

Dire suspension of Constitutional protections happens during War:

Abraham Lincoln ordered thousands of people detained without hearings,
and opposition newspapers shut down during the Civil War. During
World War II: the president orders Japanese and such to be held in
internment camps.

So why do we have all these loss of freedoms during peacetime?

Answer:

Because the Military has never

Wi...@alive.media.tv.discovery

Jan 24, 2008, 4:10:47 PM1/24/08
true philosopher.

5. Those who judge of a work by rule are in regard to others as those who
have a watch are in regard to others. One says, "It is two hours ago"; the
other says, "It is only three-quarters of an hour." I look at my watch, and
say to the one, "You are weary," and to the other, "Time gallops with you";
for it is only an hour and a half ago, and I laugh at those who tell me that
time goes slowly with me and that I judge by imagination. They do not know
that I judge by my watch.

6. Just as we harm the understanding, we harm the feelings also.

The understanding and the feelings are moulded by intercourse; the
understanding and feelings are corrupted by intercourse. Thus good or bad
society improves or corrupts them. It is, then, all-important to know how to
choose in order to improve and not to corrupt them; and we cannot make this
choice, if they be not already improved and not corrupted. Thus a circle is
formed, and those are fortunate who escape it.

7. The greater intellect one has, the more originality one finds in men.
Ordinary persons find no difference between men.

8. There are many people who listen to a sermon in the same way as they
listen to vespers.

9. When we wish to correct with advantage and to show another that he errs,
we must notice from what side he views the matter, for on that side it is
usually true, and admit that truth to him, but reveal to him the side on
which it is false. He is satisfied with that, for he sees that he was not
mistaken and that he only failed to see all sides. Now, no one is offended
at not seeing everything; but one does not like to be mistaken, and that
perhaps arises from the fact that man naturally cannot see everything, and
that naturally he cannot err in the side he looks at, since the perceptions
of our senses are always true.

10. People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have
themselves discovered than by those which have come into the mind of others.