Re: Interesting idea to get more content to your website

Sarah McLead

Jan 24, 2008, 2:38:30 PM1/24/08
900. He who will give the meaning of Scripture, and does not take it from
Scripture, is an enemy of Scripture. (St. Augustine, Of Christian Doctrine.)

901. Humilibus dat gratiam;223 an ideo non dedit humilitatem?224

Sui eum non receperunt; quotquot autem non receperunt,225 an non erant
sui?226

902. "It must indeed be," says Feuillant, "that this is not so certain; for
controversy indicates uncertainty (Saint Athanasius, Saint Chrysostom,
morals, unbelievers)."

The Jesuits have not made the truth uncertain, but they have made their own
ungodliness certain.

Contradiction has always been permitted, in order to blind the wicked; for
all that offends truth or love is evil. This is the true principle.

903. All religions and sects in the world have had natural reason for a
guide. Christians alone have been constrained to take their rules from
without themselves, and to acquaint themselves with those which Jesus Christ
bequeathed to men of old to be handed down to true believers. This
constraint wearies these good Fathers. They desire, like other people, to
have liberty to follow their own imaginations. It is in vain that we cry to
them, as the prophets said to the Jews of old: "Enter into the Church;
acquaint yourselves with the precepts which the men of old left to her, and
follow those paths." They have answered like the Jews: "We will not walk in
them; but we will follow the thoughts of our hearts"; and they have said,
"We will be as the other nations."

904. They make a rule of exception.

Have the men of old given absolution before penance? Do this as exceptional.
But of the exception you make a rule without exception, so that you do not
even want the rule to be exceptional.

905. On confessions and absolutions without signs of regret.

God regards on