E02 Secret Scene

zeppo

Oct 15, 2021, 12:13:49 AM10/15/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys13T1PilCY

We have seen very little of the interpersonal dynamics on Blue Tribe
because they have not yet been to TC. This clip provides a little insight
into the strategic thinking of a player who has been nearly invisible so
far.

Brian Smith

Oct 15, 2021, 1:43:44 AM10/15/21
That was the first bonus clip I've watched this season. Need to search for more to get a better idea of what's going on. Why would Heather target Syd? Is Syd rubbing people the wrong way? Based on EP04 she seems to think very highly of herself.

--
Brian

Elmo P. Shagnasty

Oct 15, 2021, 8:09:41 AM10/15/21
On 2021-10-15 05:43:43 +0000, Brian Smith said:

> Why would Heather target Syd? Is Syd rubbing people the wrong way?
> Based on EP04 she seems to think very highly of herself.

gee, ya think? "They hate me 'cuz they ain't me"??

She's being directed to play the Parvati Shallow role.

And this is why they do very specific casting for this non-game show.
They have said, they want big fans, people who know the show--in other
words, people who can take that kind of direction quickly and without
explanation.

zeppo

Oct 15, 2021, 1:51:15 PM10/15/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 10:43:44 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> That was the first bonus clip I've watched this season. Need to search for more to get a better idea of what's going on. Why would Heather target Syd? Is Syd rubbing people the wrong way? Based on EP04 she seems to think very highly of herself.

She sure does. But my takeaway from this short clip is that Heather is probably a nut. IIRC, the only face time that she has received so far has
been from the Sit Out Bench, and after her epic fail in the E04 Reward Challenge. Not exactly the type of edit that would be given to a player
who will have a significant role in the game.

BTW, there are some other secret scenes on Youtube, but the clips that I looked at did not reveal anything that we didn't already know.

The Horny Goat

Oct 15, 2021, 2:00:10 PM10/15/21
Not necessarily - people who have seen past seasons, knows what works
and what doesn't and in a few cases have seen failed strategies that
they think they could do better and successfully.

Obviously casting has a few stereotypical roles they want to fill "big
hunk", "America's Sweetheart" etc but those have evolved through the
seasons and if a prospect can convince a casting crew that he/she can
do a role in a way never before done - well that's half the job right
there!

Brian Smith

Oct 15, 2021, 4:08:41 PM10/15/21
Until this past episode Heather's been pretty well invisible. I didn't learn her name until a few weeks ago. No idea if she's a nut or not but I'd say she's not fit for this game.

I'll check out that YouTube site for clips and also see if I can find where CBS has them.

--
Brian

Brian Smith

Oct 15, 2021, 4:19:26 PM10/15/21
If an applicant tried that they would never get cast. You need to be yourself and let casting push for you to make it to the next round. With the 50% POC "rule" that ViacomCBS has now, I think a lot of the stereotypical roles will be gone or seen less frequently. For example, who is supposed to be America's sweetheart this season?

--
Brian

zeppo

Oct 15, 2021, 5:11:33 PM10/15/21
On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 1:19:26 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> If an applicant tried that they would never get cast. You need to be yourself and let casting push for you to make it to the next round. With the 50% POC "rule" that ViacomCBS has now, I think a lot of the stereotypical roles will be gone or seen less frequently. For example, who is supposed to be America's sweetheart this season?

I agree. I think it would be fair to say that Survivor stopped trying to cast "types" a long time ago.

John

Oct 15, 2021, 5:37:53 PM10/15/21
"zeppo" wrote in message
Except that this season they clearly went out of their way to show how
"Woke" they are in their casting. Is there a box they didn't check?

John
--
* I promise I will format my posts properly in the future.
* Windows Live Mail just can't quote! Luckily, I have found this: