Evidence of Russell Hantz's Oil Company ownership

Hunter

Oct 9, 2009, 1:42:49 AM10/9/09
There have been question as to the veracity of whether Russell Hantz
owns a oil company or not since he has been lying greatly on the show
to his tribemates about being a fireman who lost his home and dog
Rocky to hurricane Katrina and his vandalism of his tribemates
property.

I took the position of just because he lies in the game it doesn't
mean he lies about his personal life in his public bio about being an
oil company owner. Here is some evidence that he is an oil company
owner. Now whether it is a fairly big company or a rinky-dink
operation I can't find out right now but the below story from the
Houston Chronicle's blog site does collaborate Russell's story at
least a little (excerpt):

"Russell Hantz, 36, of Dayton runs an oil outfit called Hantz
Tankering Service with his dad and brother. Russell also told the
Survivor cameras that he's running the game this 19th season.

His big brother, Shawn, says that's the way Russell always acts.
"He's a little bit out there," Shawn said.

"He's not putting on a show. He's just taking it to a huge extreme.
He does in a sense try to run things. And I'm not going to say he
runs me," Shawn said with a laugh, "But Russell has a very assertive
personality."

Shawn says his baby brother's opening act is just the tip of the
iceberg. Russell has been chosen for All-Star Survivor, Shawn said.
"So that ought to tell you something."

Shawn said that Russell is following the game plan he outlined before
he went on the series. As the villain, Russell plans to make his
competitors' lives miserable, create chaos in the camp and pick them
off one at a time.

"He's a strategizer," Shawn said.

"It's not the fact that he wants to beat people up and hurt people,"
Shawn said. "He's type of guy to do whatever it takes to do whatever
it is he wants to do. Sometimes that means going through pain. He
just doesn't care.

"If was between him dying or losing the challenge, Russell is the
type of cat that would actually die before he loses. That's what his
personality is. Truly."

http://tinyurl.com/y8lfngc

The story doesn't confirm or deny that he is a multi millionaire
though.

Here is where his oil company, Hantz Tankering Service, is supposed
to be. Google satellite view (resolution is lousy):

That is all the details I have found so far.

http://tinyurl.com/ygpzd8v

Incidentally pay attention to the reader comments at the end of the
story, especially the anti Russell ones by "Conorace" on September 22
but be CAREFUL, this person being a anonymous poster and not
providing any evidence of what she is saying, could post *anything*
to pass it off as the truth. The link will take you directly to her
post:

http://tinyurl.com/yh9kmbw

--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

madamS

Oct 9, 2009, 2:20:23 AM10/9/09
Hunter wrote:
> There have been question as to the veracity of whether Russell Hantz
> owns a oil company or not since he has been lying greatly on the show
> to his tribemates about being a fireman who lost his home and dog
> Rocky to hurricane Katrina and his vandalism of his tribemates
> property.
>
> I took the position of just because he lies in the game it doesn't
> mean he lies about his personal life in his public bio about being an
> oil company owner. Here is some evidence that he is an oil company
> owner. Now whether it is a fairly big company or a rinky-dink
> operation I can't find out right now but the below story from the
> Houston Chronicle's blog site does collaborate Russell's story at
> least a little (excerpt):
>
>snip- read the previous post- I can't quote it.

I have not seen any one here question the veracity of Russell's official
bio. And even Conorace is hardly a Russell hater, and certainly does not
try to pass off anything as the truth. She/He is merely saying he/she
wouldn't be surprised to find out Russell was lying in the bio. That is
opinion, and does not seem to be intended to be accepted as anything else.
The comments about constantly lying seem to be about his doing so in the
game, and he admits to that. I find your jumping to the defense of people
who do not need or want your defense to be kind of strange.

--
madamS
Sir Winston Churchill

Ron

Oct 9, 2009, 3:00:47 AM10/9/09

What are you talking about?

A certain poster in here said he was an actor and his entire "oil
company owner" bio was made up by the Survivor producers.

do...@webtv.net

Oct 9, 2009, 7:24:12 AM10/9/09

Cam you see 'baby Russ' saying:

'Daddy, can I have 5 dollars for a footlong sub?'

bob wald

Oct 9, 2009, 10:26:15 AM10/9/09
i dont think a oil company owner.even part owner would wanna waste time
on a game show in the worlds oil market as it is now.
unless people in the company is trying to get him outa their way
awhile....lol
russell better start getting rid of just fs or he will get in a battle
of the sexs n lose like alot of times...
theres 3 things you gotta watch battle of the sexes or races or battle
young/old.

madamS

Oct 9, 2009, 10:31:42 AM10/9/09

"Ron" <BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message

madamS

Oct 9, 2009, 10:40:24 AM10/9/09

On Oct 9, 2:20 am, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net> wrote:
> Hunter wrote:
> snip

> I have not seen any one here question the veracity of Russell's official
> bio. And even Conorace is hardly a Russell hater, and certainly does not
> try to pass off anything as the truth. She/He is merely saying he/she
> wouldn't be surprised to find out Russell was lying in the bio. That is
> opinion, and does not seem to be intended to be accepted as anything else.
> The comments about constantly lying seem to be about his doing so in the
> game, and he admits to that. I find your jumping to the defense of people
> who do not need or want your defense to be kind of strange.

What are you talking about?

A certain poster in here said he was an actor and his entire "oil
company owner" bio was made up by the Survivor producers.

Ok, that must be one of the posters I have blocked.Sorry, I shouldn't assume
that because I haven't seen it, that it hasn't happened.

Nancy2

Oct 9, 2009, 11:28:03 AM10/9/09

He's just a big blowhard. It doesn't matter if he owns an "oil
company" (is that what you call a tanker truck operation?) or if he's
got lots of money. He's a poseur.

Notice at tribal council - the recap last night of last week's issues
- he joined in voting Ben out when he decided he couldn't get enough
voters to go along with his pick, and then he pretended it was all his
idea and he led the others. It's just all bull-hockey. He's a very
unpleasant personality, all in all.

N.

Barbara L Sherrill

Oct 9, 2009, 11:30:21 AM10/9/09

"madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net> wrote in message

According to the Railroad Commission the true owner of the company is
Russells mom, he is listed as a second on the ownership papers.. His mom is
the true owner...

Barbara

Barbara L Sherrill

Oct 9, 2009, 11:33:42 AM10/9/09

"Nancy2" <nancy-...@uiowa.edu> wrote in message

N.

Several of the service hands that at the company my husband works for, said
he is no more than a service hand... who knows... According to the Railroad
commission his mom owns the company and he is listed 2nd, unless he shares
the same name as his dad.

Barbara

Hunter

Oct 9, 2009, 4:52:39 PM10/9/09
In article <f985f2cb-2a88-4e04-a760-
cd68ac...@m11g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>, nancy-...@uiowa.edu
says...
---
All which is good game play. If you can't get the crowd to go with
your pick, go with the flow. Why stand against it and make yourself a
target? It was smart of him not to fight the majority. and again,
this is a game, we have no real input as to how he is off the island
not trying to win 1 million dollars in a game that forces even the
best people to lie and deceive and break promises and backstab.
Again, people are expecting honor and fair play in these shows that
are deliberately designed for a good player- and by "good" I mean
active in manipulating people-not to be.

Hunter

Oct 9, 2009, 5:05:47 PM10/9/09
In article <MPG.253863205...@news.optonline.net>,
buffh...@my-deja.com says...
(Snip)

> Incidentally pay attention to the reader comments at the end of the
> story, especially the anti Russell ones by "Conorace" on September 22
> but be CAREFUL, this person being a anonymous poster and not
> providing any evidence of what she is saying, could post *anything*
> to pass it off as the truth. The link will take you directly to her
> post:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yh9kmbw
----
I screwed up here. It is not "Conorace" comments but "Kathy"'s post
directly below it that I meant. Here is an excerpt:

"...well, I say this guy is just lying all the way around!! First
off, born & living in Texas all my life...its so obvious he does not
speak the Texas twang! Second...we live 15 miles from Dayton, Texas.
Please believe me its mostly highway & country land in
Dayton..certainly no large oil company there!!"

http://tinyurl.com/ygz6oql

Sorry for (my) confusion.

Steven L.

Oct 9, 2009, 6:01:36 PM10/9/09
Hunter wrote:
> There have been question as to the veracity of whether Russell Hantz
> owns a oil company or not since he has been lying greatly on the show
> to his tribemates about being a fireman who lost his home and dog
> Rocky to hurricane Katrina and his vandalism of his tribemates
> property.
>
> I took the position of just because he lies in the game it doesn't
> mean he lies about his personal life in his public bio about being an
> oil company owner. Here is some evidence that he is an oil company
> owner. Now whether it is a fairly big company or a rinky-dink
> operation I can't find out right now

Easy to find out via Google and Bing.

Hantz Tankering Service is located at
117 County Road 4532
Dayton, TX 77535-2048

As you can see from these two overhead photos, it ain't a real big
operation.

http://tinyurl.com/yhb3ghf

http://tinyurl.com/yzfwv69

The lack of a company website is also telling.

--
Steven L.
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

Steven L.

Oct 9, 2009, 6:02:38 PM10/9/09
Hunter wrote:
> In article <MPG.253863205...@news.optonline.net>,
> buffh...@my-deja.com says...
> (Snip)
>> Incidentally pay attention to the reader comments at the end of the
>> story, especially the anti Russell ones by "Conorace" on September 22
>> but be CAREFUL, this person being a anonymous poster and not
>> providing any evidence of what she is saying, could post *anything*
>> to pass it off as the truth. The link will take you directly to her
>> post:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yh9kmbw
> ----
> I screwed up here. It is not "Conorace" comments but "Kathy"'s post
> directly below it that I meant. Here is an excerpt:
>
> "...well, I say this guy is just lying all the way around!! First
> off, born & living in Texas all my life...its so obvious he does not
> speak the Texas twang! Second...we live 15 miles from Dayton, Texas.
> Please believe me its mostly highway & country land in
> Dayton..certainly no large oil company there!!"

Hantz's business isn't large.

Bing's "Bird's Eye View" photo shows it to be a couple of ramshackle
buildings, out in the boondocks somewhere.

Karen M

Oct 10, 2009, 12:17:29 AM10/10/09
On Oct 9, 3:02 pm, "Steven L." <sdlit...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hantz's business isn't large.
>
> Bing's "Bird's Eye View" photo shows it to be a couple of ramshackle
> buildings, out in the boondocks somewhere.

Which wouldn't be too unusual for a tank business.

I figured the big ol'oil company he was bragging about in episode 1
was a JiffyLube franchise :-)

Karen

Hunter

Oct 10, 2009, 4:05:13 AM10/10/09
In article <4AD17328...@tribal-council.com>, inna'bag@tribal-
council.com says...
> Yes, but the 'best people' who have to turn to bad actions, in order to
> have a chance of winning, generally agonize over it a bit ( 'in camera'
> at least )...unlike RussEvil, who wallowed in gloating over his
> brilliant manipulative machinations and his disdain for the stupidity
> and naivety of ALL the other players ( people, incidentally, whom he
> barely knew ) from the start - as well as revealing deep seated
> prejudices about young women in his very choice of words. It is not
> difficult or unjustified to believe that this is the contemptuous way in
> which he treats everyone around him in real life. Though I have no doubt
> that he is respectful enough to those he knows can puncture his little
> world-balloon, or who he is afraid will haul off and punch him out if he
> pushes them too far...this type of sociopath develops a finely tuned
> instinct for those sorts of things.
---
Why is everybody keep throwing the word "sociopath" around? It was
the same in BB. These people are playing a game, a game that they are
long time fans of. I don't give a rat's ass that he is feeling no
moral struggle with his lies and decieption. He and other contestants
had stratagems as to how to win and came in knowing what the hell to
do and how to execute their strategy. They are using past ideas
examples of what worked they saw in past shows because they were avid
fans and applying it with their own twist. They seem particularly
mean spirited because they are literally using every trick in the
book they saw in past seasons. Natalie Martinez and Ronnie Talbott in
"Big Brother" and Russell H. here in "Survivor" where and are fans of
their respective shows (Ronnie in BB 11 for example tried to do a
little Evel Dick making noise and berating people. People here who
know BB 8 know what I am talking about).

We are not talking about real life here so I would be DAMN careful
throwing around terms like sociopath when what you see is either a
act or an great exaggeration of themselves.

People think they know these people because they see them on TV. It's
like the stereotypical House Frau with her soap operas. When she sees
an actor who plays a character she despises she attacks the actor
totally forgetting it is make believe.

Yes, he is contemptuous of his competition and yes saying "dumb
blonds" is reprehensible practically on the par with "Ghetto or White
Trash" but over all Russell Hantz is playing a character. These are
strangers to him. He is trying to win 1,000,000 dollars in a game
deliberately made to make even good people lie and backstab. This is
not meant to be an honorable game. I will not use a loaded term like
sociopath" in a game in which you have to put on a negative persona
to win-unless you want to ride the coattails of a more aggressive
person thereby keeping your own hands clean, which is a legit
strategy.

Sheesh c'mon people! I don't know him from Adam,as 99.9% of everyone
out there don't, lets not pretend otherwise. It is a game, that is
all. I like Jaison and I hope he wins (if none of the Good looking
girls like Kelly or Liz win that is LOL!), but I will not begrudge
Russell H. at all if he wins or at least make it to the F2, he would
had played a great game.

He is trying to win a million dollars people, not make friends. If
you are looking for moral uprightness you are watching the wrong
game. You use people and betray them to get to the million dollar
prize and yes you do it with glee. Everyone who applies to the game
knows that so I don't give a hoot if they feel bad because they were
lied to and deceived out of winning the million dollars they wanted
to win themselves and that is why they applied (or in some cases
accepted the recruitment).

If anyone is that sensitive don't apply to be on "Survivor" or "Big
Brother". Try out for "The Amazing Race" where that behavior is kept
to a minimum because of the nature of the game (but there is
backstabbing and lying their to especially during the final five
teams). What you call being a sociopath is what in the context of
this game, being a fierce competitor. As long as he doesn't
physically attack someone or slander someone very seriously (like
saying someone is a rapist or murder) he is okay (I differentiate
because a charge like that has nothing to do with the game. Saying a
lie that so and so is coming after so and so when it is not true is
one thing but a lie like that can actually hurt someone out in the
real world and I would see someone tossed from the game for that).

A sociopath is someone who has no conscience, no ability to feel
shame, guilt or remorse. In the real world a person like that scares
me, in "Survivor" so what? It is very likely an act, not the real him
since he is trying to win a million dollars. You are applying a
specific and damaging real world term and applying it to an
artificial situation.

Rant off!

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 7:44:32 AM10/10/09

Perfesser Wald said:

I can imagine being in Wald's class...

he'd say:

"I'm failing you cuz you ain't got the right ideas and lose battle
thoughts, ha ha."

They let ANYBODY teach these days.

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 7:51:37 AM10/10/09

'The Madam' said to 'The Big E'...

"What are you talking about?"

Hey, madam, my sweet...nobody calls YOU out for running a
whorehouse...(OK...escort service).

I will always protect you because of the favors that you and your girls
grant me.

(You've taught your girls well. :-)

Were I a politician...I'd be as crooked as a corkscrew.

Hey...I kid.

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 8:15:50 AM10/10/09

Babs told us that Rafe's MOM is the real owner of the oil company.

The thing that "I" like best about Russell, is the way he pronounces
'Jais-own'.

Reminds me of the late Justin Wilson, the Cajun Chef.

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 8:12:41 AM10/10/09

Nancy2, who I lovingly call

'Nank'...doesn't buy that Russel H...(Rafe Hollister) is a
malted-millionaire.

He probably just goes to Jiffy-Lube...which is the closest he ever gets
to oil.

He's such a goof. The fact that he calls everyone stupid leads us to
believe that he's being set up for a big fall.

I hope that he doesn't make the jury.

But...since he makes the next 'all-star' show...TPTB must want him..like
JFP...

He still has crazy eyes.

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 8:24:51 AM10/10/09

Babs said:

"Several of the service hands at the company my husband works for, said

he is no more than a service hand..."

HUSBAND?

Oh, great.

This is killing my chances to have sexual encounters with all of the
female members of the group.

At 86...my time is limited to about 20 more years...so I have to act
quickly.

Dub had a girl who 'put out'...but her mustache was a big turn-off.

Even AFTER using Nair...I could still feel the bristles on her upper
lip.

I totally forgot about her womanly parts.

Thanks a LOT Dub.

I'm calling Brian Wilson...he knows a LOT of crazy women.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

do...@webtv.net

Oct 10, 2009, 11:07:58 AM10/10/09

I said:

"Were I a politician...I'd be as crooked as a corkscrew."

Dubya then said:

"You are from Chicago. I would expect no more..."

You mean that you'd expect

'nothing LESS'.

You west coast studs may wear the styles we all dig (not ME)...but
living in that smog must affect the brain.

Look at...

Charley Finley,

Brian Wilson,

All the singers and actors,

Dubya the malted millionaire,

Ah-nolt...the governator,

and Puff the magic dragon.

In Chicago...we are home to the

'President of The United States...and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.'

PLUS...the greatest Pizza, Hot Dogs, and Beef Sandwiches in the world.

No brag...just fact.

Doob M. Daley

Hunter

Oct 10, 2009, 11:23:54 AM10/10/09
In article <4AD17328...@tribal-council.com>, inna'bag@tribal-
council.com says...
> Hunter wrote:
> >
> Yes, but the 'best people' who have to turn to bad actions, in order to
> have a chance of winning, generally agonize over it a bit ( 'in camera'
> at least )...unlike RussEvil, who wallowed in gloating over his
> brilliant manipulative machinations and his disdain for the stupidity
> and naivety of ALL the other players ( people, incidentally, whom he
> barely knew ) from the start - as well as revealing deep seated
> prejudices about young women in his very choice of words. It is not
> difficult or unjustified to believe that this is the contemptuous way in
> which he treats everyone around him in real life. Though I have no doubt
> that he is respectful enough to those he knows can puncture his little
> world-balloon, or who he is afraid will haul off and punch him out if he
> pushes them too far...this type of sociopath develops a finely tuned
> instinct for those sorts of things.
---
Why is everybody keep throwing the word "sociopath" around? It was
the same in BB. These people are playing a game, a game that they are
long time fans of. I don't give a rats ass that he is feeling no
moral struggle. He and other contestants had stratagems as to how to

UCLAN

Oct 10, 2009, 1:56:58 PM10/10/09
do...@webtv.net wrote:

> PLUS...the greatest Pizza, Hot Dogs, and Beef Sandwiches in the world.
>
> No brag...just fact.

You're delusional. The best pizza is Petrillo's in San Gabriel, and the
best hot dogs come off of my grill. I'll leave the beef argument for
the Philadelphia contingent.

Mallard

Oct 10, 2009, 10:36:08 PM10/10/09
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:01:36 -0400, "Steven L."
<sdli...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hunter wrote:
>> There have been question as to the veracity of whether Russell Hantz
>> owns a oil company or not since he has been lying greatly on the show
>> to his tribemates about being a fireman who lost his home and dog
>> Rocky to hurricane Katrina and his vandalism of his tribemates
>> property.
>>
>> I took the position of just because he lies in the game it doesn't
>> mean he lies about his personal life in his public bio about being an
>> oil company owner. Here is some evidence that he is an oil company
>> owner. Now whether it is a fairly big company or a rinky-dink
>> operation I can't find out right now
>
>Easy to find out via Google and Bing.
>
>Hantz Tankering Service is located at
>117 County Road 4532
>Dayton, TX 77535-2048
>
>As you can see from these two overhead photos, it ain't a real big
>operation.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yhb3ghf
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yzfwv69

Farm to market Road. direct and to the point. I like it. :-)

do...@webtv.net

Oct 11, 2009, 8:20:24 AM10/11/09

'The UCLAN', whose Bruins got 'Ducked' yesterday...said:

'do...@webtv.net wrote:

PLUS (we have)...the greatest Pizza, Hot Dogs, and Beef Sandwiches in
the world.

No brag...just fact.'

Again, Uke...it's the smog.

When they're KIDS...the SoCal folks think that a churro is a hot
dog...(or a turd)

Most don't eat meat...so Beef Sammitches are a moot point...or a 'MEAT'
point...yuk yuk.

Pizza...3 words...'CALIFORNIA Pizza Kitchen...'nuff said' ( I love those
hip computer phrases that you kids today use)

I DO concede that you on the left coast know your sprouts and pineapple.

Bwahahahaha.

Sprouts.

You put them on 'hot dogs' instead of sport peppers...poor babies.'

I bet that you use ketchup too..a crime punishable by death in Chicago.

Ron

Oct 11, 2009, 3:02:14 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 8:20 am, d...@webtv.net wrote:
> 'The UCLAN', whose Bruins got 'Ducked' yesterday...said:

Unless the wiener is Nathan's or Sabrett it doesn't matter WHERE it is
cooked.

Now if we are talking chili dogs, The Varsity in Atlanta Ga. They may
not be the "best", but The Varsity is a great experience!

"What'll ya have? What'll ya have? What'll ya have? Have your order in
your mind and your money in your hand!"

http://www.thevarsity.com/

UCLAN

Oct 11, 2009, 3:22:05 PM10/11/09
do...@webtv.net wrote:

> PLUS (we have)...the greatest Pizza, Hot Dogs, and Beef Sandwiches in
> the world.
>
> No brag...just fact.'
>
> "You're delusional. The best pizza is Petrillo's in San Gabriel, and the
> best hot dogs come off of my grill. I'll leave the beef argument for the
> Philadelphia contingent."
>
> Again, Uke...it's the smog.
>
> When they're KIDS...the SoCal folks think that a churro is a hot
> dog...(or a turd)
>
> Most don't eat meat...so Beef Sammitches are a moot point...or a 'MEAT'
> point...yuk yuk.
>
> Pizza...3 words...'CALIFORNIA Pizza Kitchen...'nuff said' ( I love those
> hip computer phrases that you kids today use)

You ever have a pizza at Petrillo's? I didn't think so.
You ever had a UCLAN Special Hot Dog made from Seaside Market custom franks
(made fresh daily) ?? I didn't think so.
As far a Beef "Sammitches" go, I only had one Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
If Chicago's are better, send me one!

--
Jim's versus UCLAN's - no contest.

Ron

Oct 11, 2009, 3:33:08 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 3:22 pm, UCLAN <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I was watching the Travel Channel and they were
traveling across the US to the best burger joints and sandwich shops.

Geno's and Pat's (which are right across the street from each other)
in South Philly are considered to have the best Philly cheese steaks.

Here is an article on them http://tinyurl.com/yjnd22c

Hunter

Oct 11, 2009, 3:31:06 PM10/11/09
In article <hamkmv$q2q$1...@aioe.org>, mad...@somewhere.net says...

> Hunter wrote:
> > There have been question as to the veracity of whether Russell Hantz
> > owns a oil company or not since he has been lying greatly on the show
> > to his tribemates about being a fireman who lost his home and dog
> > Rocky to hurricane Katrina and his vandalism of his tribemates
> > property.
> >
> > I took the position of just because he lies in the game it doesn't
> > mean he lies about his personal life in his public bio about being an
> > oil company owner. Here is some evidence that he is an oil company
> > owner. Now whether it is a fairly big company or a rinky-dink
> > operation I can't find out right now but the below story from the
> > Houston Chronicle's blog site does collaborate Russell's story at
> > least a little (excerpt):
> >
> >snip- read the previous post- I can't quote it.
>
> I have not seen any one here question the veracity of Russell's official
> bio.
---
Shawn didn't really think so:

"If he is really rich (and I'm not convinced he is)..."

http://tinyurl.com/yflz4nu

D-W wasn't convinced of his bona fides either.

And of course it is well known that Emilo P Shagnasty believes the
whole thing is rigged including his bio.

It is a question elsewhere in that very website discussion page
thread that I directed you to. It is also on Jokers:

http://tinyurl.com/ylm59j3

And:

http://tinyurl.com/nququ8

I am just showing that there is at least some truth to what he
claims. Can I do that? Do I have to go with the mob and agree with
the negative stuff blindly to be not strange?

> And even Conorace is hardly a Russell hater, and certainly does not
> try to pass off anything as the truth.
> She/He is merely saying he/she
> wouldn't be surprised to find out Russell was lying in the bio. That is
> opinion, and does not seem to be intended to be accepted as anything else.
> The comments about constantly lying seem to be about his doing so in the
> game, and he admits to that.

---
Sigh, I goofed again, I meant Kathy's post.

"...well, I say this guy is just lying all the way around!! First
off, born & living in Texas all my life...its so obvious he does not
speak the Texas twang! Second...we live 15 miles from Dayton, Texas.
Please believe me its mostly highway & country land in
Dayton..certainly no large oil company there!!"

http://tinyurl.com/ygz6oql

Sorry for (my) confusion.

> I find your jumping to the defense of people
> who do not need or want your defense to be kind of strange.

--
And how do you know what people want or need? My goof aside, I feel
that people have to tear down other people who people don't know

It is strange that a 100 people can say negatives about a person who
they don't know but the 101 person, me in this case, who defends a
person they don't know in the face of the 100 is called strange as
if anyone who dares counter them is spoiling people's fun. But in a
world in which slander is the currency I guess it is inevitable. --

Kenny Blankenship

Oct 11, 2009, 6:23:30 PM10/11/09
In article <jY6dnSGchIBdL1LX...@earthlink.com>,
"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Easy to find out via Google and Bing.
>
> Hantz Tankering Service is located at
> 117 County Road 4532
> Dayton, TX 77535-2048
>
> As you can see from these two overhead photos, it ain't a real big
> operation.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yhb3ghf
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yzfwv69
>
> The lack of a company website is also telling.

I would hesitate to take an image from google maps as evidence,
according to google maps the building of the business I work for doesn't
even exist...

do...@webtv.net

Oct 11, 2009, 6:28:01 PM10/11/09

About Chicago eats...

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/

do...@webtv.net

Oct 11, 2009, 6:29:57 PM10/11/09

'The Big E' spoke of Philly Cheese Steaks.

I never had one...but I know people love 'em.

And those places are the 2 best.

madamS

Oct 11, 2009, 7:10:48 PM10/11/09
Hunter wrote:
> In article <hamkmv$q2q$1...@aioe.org>, mad...@somewhere.net says...
>> Hunter wrote:
snip again and again. Aioe really hates your long posts. When I hit reply
group, it only quotes a tiny little part, not necessarily the part I want to
answer.

>It is strange that a 100 people can say negatives about a person who
>they don't know but the 101 person, me in this case, who defends a
>person they don't know in the face of the 100 is called strange as
>if anyone who dares counter them is spoiling people's fun. But in a
>world in which slander is the currency I guess it is inevitable. --

It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are welcome
to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and pretend that
the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to begin with, and if
statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a defense against charges
of slander.

--
madamS
Sir Winston Churchill

Message has been deleted

The Horny Goat

Oct 12, 2009, 12:47:20 AM10/12/09
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:35:14 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>I would hesitate to take an image from google maps as evidence,
>>according to google maps the building of the business I work for doesn't
>>even exist...
>

>Much of Google Maps is years old...

It's only been in the last 6 months that Google Maps has shown our
house with a metal roof and that was in 2003...

do...@webtv.net

Oct 12, 2009, 8:06:45 AM10/12/09

'The Madam' said to Hunter:

"It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are
welcome to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and
pretend that the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to
begin with, and if statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a
defense against charges of slander."

I was JUST getting ready to write the exact same thing. :-)

(Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)

Doob Renaldo

madamS

Oct 12, 2009, 10:48:11 AM10/12/09

<do...@webtv.net> wrote in message
Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
Message has been deleted

shawn

Oct 12, 2009, 11:41:35 AM10/12/09
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:29:14 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:48:11 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
>wrote:

>><do...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> 'The Madam' said to Hunter:
>>>
>>> "It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
>>> windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are
>>> welcome to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and
>>> pretend that the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to
>>> begin with, and if statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a
>>> defense against charges of slander."
>>>
>>> I was JUST getting ready to write the exact same thing. :-)
>>>

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>

>lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
>would DRIVE over to see me...
>
>+10,000 opportunity...

Don't really know but it sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy reference

madamS

Oct 12, 2009, 11:47:04 AM10/12/09

"D-W" <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:48:11 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
> wrote:
>

>><do...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> 'The Madam' said to Hunter:
>>>
>>> "It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
>>> windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are
>>> welcome to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and
>>> pretend that the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to
>>> begin with, and if statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a
>>> defense against charges of slander."
>>>
>>> I was JUST getting ready to write the exact same thing. :-)
>>>

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>

> lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
> would DRIVE over to see me...
>
> +10,000 opportunity...

Do I get them as CHiPs? Now I am trying to get that damn song out of my
head, but at least it got "The Windmills of your mind" out.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

shawn

Oct 12, 2009, 4:24:01 PM10/12/09
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:49:13 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:41:35 -0400, shawn <nanof...@gmail.com>

>Nope.

You know it does sound familiar.. like an old Dangerfield line but I
can't place it.

nitram

Oct 12, 2009, 7:43:38 PM10/12/09
>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:29:14 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:48:11 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
>wrote:
>

>><do...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> 'The Madam' said to Hunter:
>>>
>>> "It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
>>> windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are
>>> welcome to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and
>>> pretend that the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to
>>> begin with, and if statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a
>>> defense against charges of slander."
>>>
>>> I was JUST getting ready to write the exact same thing. :-)
>>>

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>

>lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
>would DRIVE over to see me...
>
>+10,000 opportunity...

it's gotta be a song reference, but i can't think of any. probably in
the '70s.

nit

shawn

Oct 12, 2009, 8:18:38 PM10/12/09

Could be, but it sounded more like a joke or a funny story to me.
That's why I thought it might be something from Foxworthy or Seinfeld.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

shawn

Oct 13, 2009, 1:31:54 PM10/13/09
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:51:14 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:24:01 -0400, shawn <nanof...@gmail.com>

>Each person gets ONE shot only for a reference payout...

That's fine.. I'm still wondering what the reference is. ;)

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 13, 2009, 5:12:17 PM10/13/09
RussHELL is a truck driver.

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 13, 2009, 5:49:23 PM10/13/09
Song by War: The Cisco Kid Lyrics
Artist: War

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine

AND

Leo Carillo Played Poncho on Cisco Kid

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 13, 2009, 6:18:22 PM10/13/09
On Oct 13, 2:49 pm, "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER"

<goldenmike4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Song by War:  The Cisco Kid Lyrics
> Artist: War
>
> The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
> The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
> He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
> He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine

I want to bet the additional 10,000 chips at 15:1 that Monica makes
merge.

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 13, 2009, 6:18:52 PM10/13/09
On Oct 12, 4:43 pm, nitram <nos...@spam.bot> wrote:

> >On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:29:14 -0700, D-W <DW-Surviv...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:48:11 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
> >wrote:
>
> >><d...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> >>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>
> >lol - mine, too.  He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
> >would DRIVE over to see me...
>
> >+10,000 opportunity...
>
> it's gotta be a song reference, but i can't think of any.  probably in
> the '70s.
>
> nit- Hide quoted text -

I can.

madamS

Oct 13, 2009, 6:43:03 PM10/13/09

"MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER" <goldenm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I can.

Yes, the song is what I was referencing when I said "he was a friend of
mine" and when I said I can't get the song out of my head. I don't know what
the hell Dubya was referencing..I thought maybe Poncho of CHiPs, but
evidently not.

madamS

Oct 13, 2009, 6:49:30 PM10/13/09

"MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER" <goldenm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

you can't bet them until and IF you are declared the winner by DW. And I
sincerely hope that is not the answer, because that song is what *I* was
referencing to begin with. And his clue has something to do with "drive"

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 13, 2009, 6:58:11 PM10/13/09
On Oct 13, 3:49 pm, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net> wrote:
> "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER" <goldenmike4...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:40f74dfa-3f3a-4217...@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

> On Oct 13, 2:49 pm, "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER"
>
> <goldenmike4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Song by War: The Cisco Kid Lyrics
> > Artist: War
>
> > The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
> > The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
> > He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
> > He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
>
> I want to bet the additional 10,000 chips at 15:1 that Monica makes
> merge.
>
> you can't bet them until and IF you are declared the winner by DW. And I
> sincerely hope that is not the answer, because that song is what *I* was
> referencing to begin with.  And his clue has something to do with "drive"

> madamS

lol

Message has been deleted

nitram

Oct 13, 2009, 8:17:15 PM10/13/09

no, the madam is correct--"DRIVE" has something to do with it, but my
poor pumpkin head is starting to hurt.

that, and thinking of the cold front that's gonna hit this weekend,
and my extension cord was cut so i'll not have any heat this weekend!
it's gonna drop into the SIXTIES! brrrrr.

nit

Message has been deleted

madamS

Oct 14, 2009, 2:40:41 AM10/14/09

> On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:49:30 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER" <goldenm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>On Oct 13, 2:49 pm, "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER"
>><goldenmike4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Song by War: The Cisco Kid Lyrics
>>> Artist: War
>>>
>>> The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
>>> The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
>>> He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
>>> He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
>>

>>I want to bet the additional 10,000 chips at 15:1 that Monica makes
>>merge.
>>
>>you can't bet them until and IF you are declared the winner by DW. And I
>>sincerely hope that is not the answer, because that song is what *I* was
>>referencing to begin with. And his clue has something to do with "drive"
>

> It is indeed an incorrect response, and she has used her ONE attempt
> unwisely...
>
>And I'm assuming my guess that it was about Erik Estrada in CHiPS is also
>incorrect? I figured you would have said "ride' instead of "drive" if that
>were the answer, but it's all I could think of. Well I am certainly not
>going to say that you are too smart for the room. How about too obtuse?
>;)
Message has been deleted

do...@webtv.net

Oct 14, 2009, 7:04:12 AM10/14/09

'The Madam' said to Mrs. C.:

"you can't bet them until and IF you are declared the winner by DW. And
I sincerely hope that is not the answer, because that song is what *I*
was referencing to begin with. And his clue has something to do with
"drive" "

You mean like the joke...

'bend over...I'll drive ya home'?

Yuk yuk.

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 14, 2009, 11:46:13 AM10/14/09
On Oct 13, 5:17 pm, nitram <nos...@spam.bot> wrote:
> nit- Hide quoted text -

Let me give you the answer: BTO, Bachman Turnover Overdrive, sent on
behalf of Nit.

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 14, 2009, 11:46:50 AM10/14/09
On Oct 14, 3:08 am, D-W <DW-Surviv...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 01:40:41 -0500, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"D-W" <DW-Surviv...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> It is indeed an incorrect response, and she has used her ONE attempt
> >> unwisely...
>
> >>And I'm assuming my guess that it was about Erik Estrada in CHiPS is also
> >>incorrect? I figured you would have said "ride' instead of "drive" if that
> >>were the answer, but it's all I could think of. Well I am certainly not
> >>going to say that you are too smart for the room. How about too obtuse?
> >>;)
>
> So far no one has provided a correct response...- Hide quoted text -

Nit has.

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 14, 2009, 3:30:56 PM10/14/09
Jeff was right about RussHELL. He grows on you. I understand "you
aint seen nothing yet" until merge and his strategy.

I would vote RussHELL SOLE SURVIVOR!

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 14, 2009, 3:31:34 PM10/14/09
On Oct 9, 3:02 pm, "Steven L." <sdlit...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hunter wrote:
> > In article <MPG.253863205486593c989...@news.optonline.net>,
> > buffhun...@my-deja.com says...
> > (Snip)
> >> Incidentally pay attention to the reader comments at the end of the
> >> story, especially the anti Russell ones by "Conorace" on September 22
> >> but be CAREFUL, this person being a anonymous poster and not
> >> providing any evidence of what she is saying, could post *anything*
> >> to pass it off as the truth. The link will take you directly to her
> >> post:
>
> >>http://tinyurl.com/yh9kmbw
> > ----
> > I screwed up here. It is not "Conorace" comments but "Kathy"'s post
> > directly below it that I meant. Here is an excerpt:
>
> > "...well, I say this guy is just lying all the way around!! First
> > off, born & living in Texas all my life...its so obvious he does not
> > speak the Texas twang! Second...we live 15 miles from Dayton, Texas.
> > Please believe me its mostly highway & country land in
> > Dayton..certainly no large oil company there!!"
>
> Hantz's business isn't large.
>
> Bing's "Bird's Eye View" photo shows it to be a couple of ramshackle
> buildings, out in the boondocks somewhere.
>
> --
> Steven L.
> Email:  sdlit...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
> Remove the NOSPAM before replying to me.- Hide quoted text -

For pity's sake, he has himself a double wide :)

nitram

Oct 14, 2009, 4:56:42 PM10/14/09
>On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:46:13 -0700 (PDT), "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER" <goldenm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Let me give you the answer: BTO, Bachman Turnover Overdrive, sent on
>behalf of Nit.

BTO is the answer?

nit

Message has been deleted

nitram

Oct 14, 2009, 8:18:57 PM10/14/09
>On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:59:33 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Let me give you the answer: BTO, Bachman Turnover Overdrive, sent on
>>behalf of Nit.
>

>Not even close...

okay, Dubya, i think we're getting further and further from the
correct interpretation.

it seems as if you've reworded the EXACT quote, and i'm sticking to my
guns that "DRIVE" has something to do with it.

is it a 60's single?

is it a 70's single?

is is an 80's single?

could you help a brother out?

nit

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Dale

Oct 14, 2009, 9:05:28 PM10/14/09
D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> enlightened us with:

> I want to make sure EVERYone who wants to take a stab at it get their
> chance, so there won't be any whining that someone had no opportunity
> to respond.
>
> And the reason it is 10,000 for THIS one is that there is a multiple
> connection component.
>
> I will re-insert all relevant information in the original post.
> Perhaps that will help...

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>
> lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
> would DRIVE over to see me...
>
> +10,000 opportunity...
>

> I will also say that my reference is NOT a song title, but a song not
> listed above IS the connecting component...

Joy to the world by Three Dog Night

nitram

Oct 14, 2009, 10:44:29 PM10/14/09
>On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:45:27 -0700, D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:18:57 -0400, nitram <nos...@spam.bot> wrote:
>

>I want to make sure EVERYone who wants to take a stab at it get their
>chance, so there won't be any whining that someone had no opportunity
>to respond.
>

>And the reason it is 10,000 for THIS one is that there is a multiple
>connection component.
>
>I will re-insert all relevant information in the original post.
>Perhaps that will help...
>

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>
>lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
>would DRIVE over to see me...
>
>+10,000 opportunity...
>
>I will also say that my reference is NOT a song title, but a song not
>listed above IS the connecting component...

i give.

mel blanc.

nit

Ron

Oct 14, 2009, 11:09:46 PM10/14/09
On Oct 14, 10:44 pm, nitram <nos...@spam.bot> wrote:

> >On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:45:27 -0700, D-W <DW-Surviv...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:18:57 -0400, nitram <nos...@spam.bot> wrote:

I'm not playing this game, obviously, but what is the exact question
that you guys are trying to find the answer to?

Dale

Oct 15, 2009, 5:40:09 AM10/15/09
D-W <DW-Sur...@hotmail.com> enlightened us with:

> I want to make sure EVERYone who wants to take a stab at it get their
> chance, so there won't be any whining that someone had no opportunity
> to respond.
>
> And the reason it is 10,000 for THIS one is that there is a multiple
> connection component.
>
> I will re-insert all relevant information in the original post.
> Perhaps that will help...
>

>>> (Didn't Sancho Panza play 'Poncho' on 'The Cisco Kid'? :-)
>>>
>>Don't think so, but he was a friend of mine.
>
> lol - mine, too. He lived across the street from me and sometimes he
> would DRIVE over to see me...
>
> +10,000 opportunity...
>
> I will also say that my reference is NOT a song title, but a song not
> listed above IS the connecting component...

Jeremiah the bullfrog?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

do...@webtv.net

Oct 15, 2009, 7:28:57 AM10/15/09

'Won't Get Fooled Again' by 'The Who'?

'Henry the Eighth'...Herman's Hermits?

I know it's not a song tittle...uh...TITLE..but you're making this a
lose-lose for yourself.

No matter WHAT it is..it will suck cuz you're dragging it on.

Unlike me...who never repeats a joke.

<rimshot>

do...@webtv.net

Oct 15, 2009, 7:24:00 AM10/15/09

About Dubya's BTO reference...

just take care of business...and TELL us already.

Stop this 'sheer-AHD'.

(Pronounced like a proper gentleman...I know...big stretch.)

Just TELL us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do...@webtv.net

Oct 15, 2009, 9:57:17 AM10/15/09

Dubya said:

"I will also say that my reference is NOT a song title, but a song not
listed above IS the connecting component... "

'They're coming to take me away, ha ha.'

Not a song...it's just on my itinerary for today.

Message has been deleted

madamS

Oct 15, 2009, 12:18:24 PM10/15/09

> If you have to explain it...

Yes, and you obviously do...some of the greatest minds on the internet have
given our best shot and come up short. Does the word "obscure" mean anything
to you? ;)

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 15, 2009, 1:55:53 PM10/15/09
Do you want to know what's funnier than fuck?

The fact that AFTER tonight, we (Doob and I) will have over $1.7
million in chips and this paltry sum of $10,000 is so annoying that I
AM CONSIDERING giving everyone 100,000 chips to drop the matter.

LOLOLOLOL

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER

Oct 15, 2009, 3:29:31 PM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 11:52 am, D-W <DW-Surviv...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:55:53 -0700 (PDT), "MRS. CLEAN OR MRS. ROPER"
> I hope your cycle ends soon...

ROFLMAO

The Horny Goat

Oct 16, 2009, 1:25:28 AM10/16/09
wrote:

>I want to make sure EVERYone who wants to take a stab at it get their
>chance, so there won't be any whining that someone had no opportunity
>to respond.
>
>And the reason it is 10,000 for THIS one is that there is a multiple
>connection component.
>
>I will re-insert all relevant information in the original post.
>Perhaps that will help...

To that end could you re-post the clues? I think I know but with only
one shot I want to make it count.

I'm pretty sure I was about 10 years old when it came out (ie. 1965 +
or - 2 years)

Message has been deleted

Hunter

Oct 20, 2009, 1:19:42 PM10/20/09
In article <hatomh$836$1...@aioe.org>, mad...@somewhere.net says...
> Hunter wrote:
> > In article <hamkmv$q2q$1...@aioe.org>, mad...@somewhere.net says...
> >> Hunter wrote:
> snip again and again. Aioe really hates your long posts. When I hit reply
> group, it only quotes a tiny little part, not necessarily the part I want to
> answer.
> >

> >It is strange that a 100 people can say negatives about a person who
> >they don't know but the 101 person, me in this case, who defends a
> >person they don't know in the face of the 100 is called strange as
> >if anyone who dares counter them is spoiling people's fun. But in a
> >world in which slander is the currency I guess it is inevitable. --
> >
> It is your quixotic tilting at windmills that I find strange. The
> windmills of what you call slander are simply opinion, and you are welcome
> to *your* opinion, but I am not going to play Sancho Panza and pretend that
> the windmills really ARE monsters. Slander is verbal, to begin with, and if
> statements are clearly opinion, that is generally a defense against charges
> of slander.
----
It is not tilting at windmills to prove somebody didn't say what
other people claim. It is more than opinion. I backed it up with
solid evidence and will continue do do so. So if anyone say for
example Natalie Martinez or Russell Hantz OR ANYONE ELSE that they
eat the hearts of Camels for breakfast they be better be able to back
it up because if I find evidence to prove otherwise I will show it.

As for slander I know the difference between Slander and libel: I
said:

"...if anyone who dares counter them is spoiling people's fun. But in
a world in which slander is the currency I guess it is inevitable."

"...in a world..." I wasn't speaking about the net in particular but
the world in general.

Saying somebody is a potential murderer without evidence is a
calumny, slanderous or libelous. And again if I find evidence to the
contrary I will post it as enthusiastically as those who make the
baseless charge even if I have never met the person and never will. I
will counter people's opinion with mine, but I will back mine up with
facts.

Call it a hobby of mine. Really, if I find something that says that
something terrible being said about something is isn't true I should
not say anything even if I can show otherwise? No, I will not do
that. If that is tilting at windmills then my middle name is proudly
Don Quixote. It doesn't matter if I don't know them or not. Hell,
that doesn't stop people from tearing them down does it? Why should
it stop me from showing that "opinion" is wrong?

And btw, I will do the same for you if someone says you said such and
such.
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

Kenny Blankenship

Oct 20, 2009, 9:20:04 PM10/20/09
In article <hatomh$836$1...@aioe.org>, "madamS" <mad...@somewhere.net>
wrote:

> Slander is verbal, to begin with, and if statements are clearly
> opinion, that is generally a defense against charges of slander.

"Opinion" is not a good defense against slander (or libel). The truth
(depending on what jurisdiction you're in) is.

Part of that depends on what you call "opinion" (which is why I put it
in quotes).

If I was to say "Joe Blow is a twit", then I'd be pretty well covered
from a slander suit because it is clearly my opinion.

But if I was to say "In my opinion Joe Blow is a child molester", then I
would be in danger of losing a slander suit, because even though I've
claimed it is my opinion I'm still making a manifestly factual statement.

tjbooker

Nov 27, 2009, 2:30:28 PM11/27/09
Let me start by saying, my initial impression of Russell wasn't good
and I spent the first 5-6 weeks if the season hoping he would be the
next person voted off. He's a tacky, arrogant, over confident, back
stabbing game player. He is not well spoken, to say the least, which
leaves the impression he is not well educated.

Now, 11 weeks into the season Russell has earned my respect. He is a
shrewd opportunist and whether he wins or loses, he will go down in
Survivor history as one of the savviest game players ever. He has a
great sense of people, uncanny problem solving skills and is extremely
intelligent. Don't let what appears to be a lack of education fool
you, this guy is wired to be a strategist. He's already proven he can
modify & adapt his core strategy to fit the circumstances, and do so
in a moments notice. He instinctively knows exactly when and who to
reveal things to, and takes advantage of every given opportunity.

Although its somewhat of an assumption on my part, I would be willing
to bet his short lived oil tankering service is a prime example of
Russell's given ability to take advantage of opportunity when
presented. What I do know, is that several major oil pipelines that
carry crude oil north have suffered devastating damage, from the
resent onslaught of severe hurricanes in that region. My guess is
Russell took advantage of the situation and figured out a method of
transporting the oil while the pipelines were being repaired. If he
lived next to a large river, which he doesn't, one might guess he just
fell into a lucky deal. However, I would note, he does remind me of
several tug operators I once knew when I live in St. Louis. I suspect
he recognized the problem, took advantage of the opportunity and it
was no easy task.

Russell's demeanor is a great example that one should never judge a
book by its cover. While I would bet much of Russell's cover reflects
exactly who he is in real life, to under estimate his intelligence
would be a grave mistake, whether it be in the game of Survivor or the
game of life. To befriend Russell and gain his trust would likely
result in a friend for life, the kind of friend that would fight to
the death for you. Betray his trust and you will be the one in a fight
for your life.

Russell made clear in all of his interviews that he didn't come to
this game to make friends, he is there to win. He plays the game hard
24/7 and is always trying to adapt his core strategy, a strategy I
will remind you Jeff Post said will never work. If you find yourself
hating this guy, then stop and take a look at yourself and see what it
is about him that you see in yourself. Fifty three years of life has
taught me it is usually something within me that causes me to dislike
a person. And more often than not, if I am willing to be honest with
myself, I find the person I dislike is either just like me....or has
redeeming qualities I struggle with obtaining.

Prediction: the south will rise again and Russell & Natalie to the
final two with Russell winning by a landslide. Look for Russell to
start working the jury by making sure the last two or three people
voted out know it has been him masterminding all the chaos. He will
make sure the vote is based on game play. Heck, his core strategy
ensures that doesn't it?