S41E04 Spoilers and Comments (10/13/2021)

Brian Smith

Oct 14, 2021, 1:48:01 AM10/14/21
I regret not posting last week that I sense.fear Tiff is going to end up making it deep into this season.

Back to this week's episode.

* WTF?! Tiff was a comp beast tonight. After the first two episodes I thought she was totally useless but now I'm thinking she might have what it takes to at least make F6. She'll need some lucky breaks but that's probably true for all of them.

* I had to laugh when Deshawn's attempt to throw the IC failed thanks to Naseer. Danny never should have agreed to such a stupid plan.

* It's been ages since they've had a local expert teach them how to do things.

* I have a feeling Sydney's exit is not going to be good. She got a bad edit tonight!

* Seemed weird that we saw no mention of the three-way advantage. Is that what Genie found in the preview? I'm still lost as to who's on what tribe, who has advantages, etc.

* Was JD that stupid or is the mafia pastor that good? She's playing a very cutthroat game.

Best episode of the season so far but that's not saying much given how below average the first three were.

--
Brian

Questor

Oct 14, 2021, 2:27:20 PM10/14/21
On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 22:48:00 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith <dcg_...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>* I had to laugh when Deshawn's attempt to throw the IC failed thanks to Naseer.
>Danny never should have agreed to such a stupid plan.

Throwing a challenge is never a good idea.

J.D. has consistently underperformed in challenges. I have to wonder if the
green team had voted him off last episode instead of Brad, would they have
not lost the immunity challenge this episode?

No mention yet of a tribe swap or other rearrangement. Are they simply going to
have the tribes dwindle down until the merge?

The Horny Goat

Oct 14, 2021, 3:56:22 PM10/14/21
Highly doubtful - how entertaining would it be to have one of the
tribes "compete" with a single contestant?

Brian Smith

Oct 14, 2021, 4:02:26 PM10/14/21
I doubt they'll do a swap until the other three-way advantage is found which looks like might happen next episode.

--
Brian

zeppo

Oct 14, 2021, 4:28:09 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 11:27:20 AM UTC-7, Questor wrote:

> No mention yet of a tribe swap or other rearrangement. Are they simply going to
> have the tribes dwindle down until the merge?

I doubt it. The only season in which this happened was S10 when all the members of the Ulong tribe
were either voted out, or eliminated, leaving Stephenie LaGrossa as the last player standing. At that
point, Steph simply joined the other tribe. At the time, Probst tried to paint a positive picture of these
events by implying that the viewers enjoyed rooting for the Ulong underdog(s) against their numerically
superior opponent. But the fact that he has never allowed such an outcome to occur again over 29
seasons reveals his true feelings IMO.

zeppo

Oct 14, 2021, 4:41:15 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 1:02:26 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> I doubt they'll do a swap until the other three-way advantage is found which looks like might happen next episode.

Yes. I expect two parchments to be left in plain sight at Blue and Green tribes' camps allowing the three way
immunity idol to be powered up prior to the immunity challenge. Then, in E06, the remaining 12 players will likely
be shuffled into two tribes of six.

zeppo

Oct 14, 2021, 8:29:14 PM10/14/21
On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 10:48:01 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> * WTF?! Tiff was a comp beast tonight. After the first two episodes I thought she was totally useless but now I'm thinking she might have what it takes to at least make F6.

Regarding Tiffany, two things became apparent during E04:
-She is not as much of a doofus as we were lead to believe in E02.
-She probably played basketball in high school.

> * I had to laugh when Deshawn's attempt to throw the IC failed thanks to Naseer. Danny never should have agreed to such a stupid plan.

From what I could gather, DeShawn wanted to throw the challenge so that he and Danny would have the opportunity to pull together the
votes needed to boot Erika. I'm assuming that there was a whole lot more to DeShawn's strategy other than what we were shown.
Speaking of strategies, I'm surprised that no one has brought up the topic of Evvie's attempt to throw the challenge by deliberately
pulling the net full of wooden blocks back out to sea:-).

> * I have a feeling Sydney's exit is not going to be good. She got a bad edit tonight!

Syd's photo on the CBS website struck me as being really odd. However, after her confessional in this episode, it made perfect sense.

> I'm still lost as to who's on what tribe, who has advantages, etc.

IIRC:
-Xander has an extra vote and one third of an immunity idol.
-DeShawn has an extra vote.
-Mafia Pastor has an extra vote.

> Best episode of the season so far but that's not saying much given how below average the first three were.

I actually really liked the first three episodes because of all the interesting new elements that were introduced to the game.
In contrast, E04 was a return to regular old school Survivor; two challenges, a misguided attempt to throw one of them, and
a dim-witted guy being played at TC. I actually fast forwarded through most of the tribal council as well as Probst's attempt to
make the older woman, who seems to live on the sit-out bench, feel better about her ineptitude. The only part of the episode
that piqued my interest was the lead-up to TC when Mafia Pastor not only took JD's advantage out of play, but made sure that
she got her hands on it instead. Masterful!