No Family Visit?

zeppo

Dec 3, 2021, 7:29:11 PM12/3/21
It's not like I'm going to miss it, but it looks like S41 and S03 will be the only
seasons (so far) in which at least one family member has shown up in person.

Brian Smith

Dec 3, 2021, 8:17:06 PM12/3/21
On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 5:29:11 PM UTC-7, zeppo wrote:
> It's not like I'm going to miss it, but it looks like S41 and S03 will be the only
> seasons (so far) in which at least one family member has shown up in person.

COVID-19 killed the loved ones visit for S41 and S42. It also made them decide to do the finale and reunion right away while they were in Fiji. This goes for S42 as well. Sounds like CBS, etc. didn't want to risk having Jeff do the finale again from his garage and have the F3 on Zoom. Word is that the prejury people were not at the reunion. Sounds like they were sent home. What I haven't heard is if that had any impact on the $10K they normally get for appearing at the reunion.

It must really suck for whoever won S42. That person has known they won for months already and has to wait until next May before they receive their check.

--
Brian

zeppo

Dec 3, 2021, 8:41:33 PM12/3/21
On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 5:17:06 PM UTC-8, Brian Smith wrote:

> COVID-19 killed the loved ones visit for S41 and S42. It also made them decide to do the finale and reunion right away while they were in Fiji. This goes for S42 as well.

Thanks Brian. I didn't know any of that. I'm thrilled that the winner will be announced immediately after FTC, while the F2/3 and jury are still on set. That was how
it was done in S01, and, IMO, it resulted in a totally different kind of vibe which cannot be duplicated six months later on a Hollywood sound stage.

However, what I'm not thrilled about is the syntax I used in the OP. It should have read, " ...in which at least one family member did NOT show up in person".

Brian Smith

Dec 3, 2021, 9:16:59 PM12/3/21
It was very clear what you meant.

Here's a link to an article about the winner(s) being revealed in Fiji and the reunion happening right after. This article contains a link to another article where Jeff talks about some of this with Dalton.

https://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-41-winner-already-revealed-in-fiji-no-live-reunion-50680

--
Brian

Elmo P. Shagnasty

Dec 6, 2021, 1:40:39 PM12/6/21
they've decided they have permission to change all sorts of things and
get away with it.

I'm waiting for them to simply move everything to a sound stage in LA.