Some kind of glitch?

Andrew Jackson

Jul 22, 2015, 7:05:22 PM7/22/15
Where the hell is Stargate: SG-1?

I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and I was completely unable to find Stargate: SG-1
at its usual time (or anywhere near it) on its usual channel (SPACE at
7pm on weekdays).

No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.

What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?

I wish to hell the networks would actually tell viewers what the hell is
going on. For the past few years I've noticed more and more often shows
just jumping around, disappearing for weeks at a time, or even
disappearing and never coming back without any announcements or messages
telling people what to expect and why. Is it gone forever? Is it back in
a week or two? After Christmas? Did it move to another night or a
different time? Who knows! The only way to find out is to check the guide
every day and see if it reappears.

Is it too much to ask to a) stick to a regular schedule for months at a
time rather than only a week or two and b) when for some stupid reason
you really can't, put a blasted message at the end of the episode just
before the move/gap/whatever telling people where/when to find the next
one? They do do that *occasionally* -- "Next week's episode airs at a
special time" or similarly -- but all too often they just silently move
stuff around...

Of course, whenever they screw around like this it plays hell with
programmed DVRs too, and no amount of alert messages would help with
that. The thing will record whatever is on at 10 pm, come hell or high
water, and if they yanked your show and replaced it with some stupid half-
baked movie or event or something instead, you'll get a chunk of that
instead of what you wanted.

Of course, people not getting what they want leads to people taking their
money (or their ad-viewing) elsewhere, so I have to question the
intelligence or motives of any businessman at a network that thinks
rearranging the schedule every three weeks is better than rearranging it
just once in May, once in September, and once in January like in the good
old days.

castal0on

Jul 22, 2015, 11:48:57 PM7/22/15
In article <mop7jf$le5$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
Andrew Jackson <a.jack...@democrats.org.invalid> wrote:

> Where the hell is Stargate: SG-1?

it got cancelled seamus

anim8rfsk

Jul 23, 2015, 1:14:10 AM7/23/15
In article <casta_1oon.x-7-9DB...@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,
The "SG" stands for: STARGATE!!!

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Michael Black

Jul 23, 2015, 1:25:57 PM7/23/15
That would make a great field for show titles.

"Seamus Got Cancelled".

"It's finished, Seamus".

"Silly Seamus and the Ratings Machine".

Michael

casta1oon

Jul 25, 2015, 11:57:28 PM7/25/15
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:48:44 -0700, Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, frogging me,
wrote:

> it got cancelled seamus

Who is "seamus", Reynolds? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that
alias.

casta1oon

Jul 25, 2015, 11:58:20 PM7/25/15
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:29:14 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

> That would make a great field for show titles.
>
> "Seamus Got Cancelled".
>
> "It's finished, Seamus".
>
> "Silly Seamus and the Ratings Machine".

Who is "Seamus", Black? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that
alias.

> Michael

What does your alias have to do with televised science fiction, Black?