SGU and Dr. Rush

David

Feb 13, 2013, 4:32:31 PM2/13/13
Finished the two seasons, and for the life of me I CANNOT figure what
all the calculations were that Rush was working on so much of the time. He
even had Chloe finish some of them for him.
I would have thought that with Destiny's massive main frame they wouldn't
have to do anything but enter a few equations to have the ship's computer
figure out whatever it was he was working on.

http://daviderl.com/TheWomenOfSGU.html
http://daviderl31.blogspot.com/

Your Name

Feb 14, 2013, 12:25:59 AM2/14/13
In article <kfh0nq$suu$1...@dont-email.me>, "David" <david...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Finished the two seasons, and for the life of me I CANNOT figure what
> all the calculations were that Rush was working on so much of the time. He
> even had Chloe finish some of them for him.
> I would have thought that with Destiny's massive main frame they wouldn't
> have to do anything but enter a few equations to have the ship's computer
> figure out whatever it was he was working on.

He was working on the recipes for Coca-Cola and KFC. ;-)

Daryl

Feb 14, 2013, 12:29:48 AM2/14/13
I don't know about the Coke Forumula but the secret to KFC is SALT.

Daryl

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

dx...@albury.nospam.net.au

Feb 14, 2013, 4:40:51 AM2/14/13
Daryl wrote:
> On 2/13/2013 10:25 PM, Your Name wrote:
>> In article <kfh0nq$suu$1...@dont-email.me>, "David"
>> <david...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Finished the two seasons, and for the life of me I CANNOT figure
>>> what
>>> all the calculations were that Rush was working on so much of the
>>> time. He
>>> even had Chloe finish some of them for him.
>>> I would have thought that with Destiny's massive main frame they
>>> wouldn't
>>> have to do anything but enter a few equations to have the ship's
>>> computer
>>> figure out whatever it was he was working on.
>>
>> He was working on the recipes for Coca-Cola and KFC. ;-)
>>

> I don't know about the Coke Forumula but the secret to KFC is SALT.
>
> Daryl

We all know what the "secret" to the Coke Formula *was* don't we?!?!

Daniel

Your Name

Feb 14, 2013, 3:03:29 PM2/14/13
<david...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Finished the two seasons, and for the life of me I CANNOT figure what
> >> all the calculations were that Rush was working on so much of the time.
> >> He even had Chloe finish some of them for him.
> >> I would have thought that with Destiny's massive main frame they wouldn't
> >> have to do anything but enter a few equations to have the ship's computer
> >> figure out whatever it was he was working on.
> >
> > He was working on the recipes for Coca-Cola and KFC. ;-)
>
> I don't know about the Coke Forumula but the secret to KFC is SALT.

Nah, the secret to KFC is in the meat they use: horse, kangaroo,
crocodile, monkey, giraffe, homeless people, ... pretty much anything
except chicken. ;-)

In an attempt at a proper answer, wasn't Rush trying to work out what
Destiny was for and where it was going, as well as, supposedly, how to get
everyone home.

Your Name

Feb 14, 2013, 3:09:42 PM2/14/13
In article <Fi2Ts.36532$Hq1....@newsfe23.iad>, "Dani...@teranews.com"
<dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:
> Daryl wrote:
> > On 2/13/2013 10:25 PM, Your Name wrote:

> >> He was working on the recipes for Coca-Cola and KFC. ;-)
> >>

> > I don't know about the Coke Forumula but the secret to KFC is SALT.
>
> We all know what the "secret" to the Coke Formula *was* don't we?!?!

Cocaine was taken out of the recipe many decades ago.

There has been a newspaper report this week about a woman who died from
drinking Coca-Cola last year. The idiot coroner's report says Coca-Cola
should put warnings on their labels ... in reality it was incredibly
stupid woman's own fault since she was drinking MANY litres of the stuff
EVERY day and ate almost nothing else (to give an idea of how much, she
died of a caffeine overdose!). Even worse, her equally stupid husband and
her mother also seem to be blaming Coca-Cola - basically they're stupid
scum wanting to try and get some money out of Coca-Cola. :-\

David

Feb 14, 2013, 4:21:47 PM2/14/13
"Daryl" wrote in message news:kfhsna$kg9$1...@dont-email.me...

On 2/13/2013 10:25 PM, Your Name wrote:
> In article <kfh0nq$suu$1...@dont-email.me>, "David" <david...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Finished the two seasons, and for the life of me I CANNOT figure
>> what
>> all the calculations were that Rush was working on so much of the time.
>> He
>> even had Chloe finish some of them for him.
>> I would have thought that with Destiny's massive main frame they wouldn't
>> have to do anything but enter a few equations to have the ship's computer
>> figure out whatever it was he was working on.
>
> He was working on the recipes for Coca-Cola and KFC. ;-)
>

>>I don't know about the Coke Forumula but the secret to KFC is SALT.
>>
>>Daryl

I thought it was black pepper,

David

Feb 14, 2013, 4:25:36 PM2/14/13
"Your Name" wrote in message
We have (maybe had) a coca cola bottling plant here, some guy I know
used to work there and they got all they could drink. But after a few years,
all the coke he drank ate up the lining of his stomach. Can't have any
anymore.
I hate it - has a metallic/acidic taste to me.

David

Feb 14, 2013, 4:26:57 PM2/14/13
"Your Name" wrote in message
> [...]

..........But I still don't know how all the calculations would help him
figure it out

Your Name

Feb 15, 2013, 12:30:19 AM2/15/13
That was really just a guess based on what little he said he was doing.
Calculations on trajectory, etc. of both the ship and the star systems /
planets it stopped at would be pretty complex for a start, then there's
power usage, etc. for the long-distance Gate connection.

Your Name

Feb 15, 2013, 12:32:34 AM2/15/13
Try it from a bottle rather than a can. I think it can also have a
reaction with some types of tooth fillings, a little like chewing tin /
aluminium foil. :-)

dx...@albury.nospam.net.au

Feb 15, 2013, 6:02:07 AM2/15/13
<Snip>

One of the Australian Chocolate bars companies had a factory in Hobart,
Tasmania, Australia, and their policy was that employee's could take
home as much chocolate as they wanted ..... figuring that the employee's
(and their Families) would soon be sick to death of chocolate!!

Suburban folklore, maybe, but, sort of, makes sense!!

Daniel

Your Name

Feb 15, 2013, 4:05:58 PM2/15/13
In article <VAoTs.83720$532....@newsfe03.iad>, "Dani...@teranews.com"
Most manufacturing and distributing businesses do similar things. I know
people working in the book publishing / distributing industry, and they
get at least 50% off the price of that company's books and 30% off any
other company's books, they are also allowed to take any of the thrown out
books for free (these are old stock, end-of-line stock, replaced resource
books, etc. or ones that are "too damaged" to be sold, which often means a
bit o a scratch on the cover). The reseller staff also get discounts.

I also work with some companies and organisations that run various events
(fun runs, dinners, etc.) and the workers always get free T-shirts and
other sponsored products. Plus of course sponsorship itself means freebies
get given out (I've got a small collection of branded wristwatches, pens,
note pads, T-shirts, etc. that were part of various sponsorship deals over
the years).

Employees at Apple and their resellers get cheaper prices and are often
given new products free. People registered as Apple Developers also get
cheaper pricing.

The real issue is that it's the normal retail consumer who ends up paying
for all these freebies in higher product prices. :-(

Daryl

Feb 15, 2013, 5:17:05 PM2/15/13
I have yet to hear of a factory that puts out both Cheetos and MJ
who provides as much Cheetos as they can eat :)

Your Name

Feb 15, 2013, 7:30:08 PM2/15/13
Then there's the "healthy" museli bar companies who can't even give their
cardboard-tasting "food" bars away to staff for free. ;-)

Alan

Feb 16, 2013, 6:49:46 PM2/16/13
The problem is not generally the calculations. It is deciding what to
calculate. For that, you need the correct equations. That is most
likely what he was working on.

--
Alan

David