Jack O'Neil's Pond

Tim Bruening

Mar 24, 2005, 4:35:43 AM3/24/05
Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

Eva

Mar 24, 2005, 4:49:29 AM3/24/05
"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

Because he doesn't fish to catch a fish.

Eva
--
Join the Stargate SG-1 SETI@home Team
http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah/team_display.php?teamid=30516

rr (newst)

Mar 24, 2005, 5:05:34 AM3/24/05

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

cos he skinnydips on hot summer nights. nothing worse than a fish rubbing up
against yer parts...

Weyoun the Dancing Stripper

Mar 24, 2005, 6:16:14 AM3/24/05
Tim Bruening wrote:
> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

"It's not about the fish. It's about the fish*ING*"

--
Your archaic cultures are authority driven. To facilitate our
introduction into your societies, it has been decided that a Human voice

Digital Sheep

Mar 24, 2005, 8:02:51 AM3/24/05

Yeah man. Its about relaxing and just sitting on your butt. If you
catch somthing GREAT if you don't you still relax and enjoy yourself.

Your no a fisherman are you :)

Just enjoy the birdys,trees, fresh air :)

Brian (aka Zod)

Mar 24, 2005, 1:39:41 PM3/24/05

You are mistaken, there are fish in his pond :)

- Brian

Predator

Mar 24, 2005, 11:30:27 PM3/24/05
and Sam's gonna get it!! lol

"Brian (aka Zod)" <zod...@NOSPAMtelus.net> wrote in message

Tim Bruening

Mar 25, 2005, 8:29:14 PM3/25/05

Weyoun the Dancing Stripper wrote:

> Tim Bruening wrote:
> > Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> > Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?
> >

> "It's not about the fish. It's about the fish*ING*"

What good is fishing without the fish?

Sweet Ol' Bob (SOB)

Mar 25, 2005, 8:55:14 PM3/25/05
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:29:14 -0800, Tim Bruening
<tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>> "It's not about the fish. It's about the fish*ING*"

>What good is fishing without the fish?

You don't have to buy bait.

--

Million Mom March For Gun Confiscation
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/mmm.html

"What is the State? The State is people - people who believe
they have a right to rule others. These people are the thieving,
murdering brutes responsible for war, conscription, taxation,
massacres, slave camps, gas chambers, killing fields, nuclear
missles, and endless death stretching back ten thousand years.
Luckily for all, the State is only people. And, generally, the
least competent of people. They are the ones who cannot innovate,
only steal. They cannot reason, only kill. They are brutes who
see the greatest efforts of mankind as loot to seize and control.
Yet when they seize the creations of greater minds, the works
crumble in their hands, for they cannot control what they are
incapable of understanding."
-- Victor Koman, "Kings of the High Frontier"

RobMac

Mar 25, 2005, 10:31:01 PM3/25/05

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

Well, now we know there's at least ONE fish.... :-)

Ink

Mar 26, 2005, 1:45:19 AM3/26/05
Most likely stocked pond after they all saw the tape and he said no
fish.(last time)

Ink

Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor

Mar 26, 2005, 8:21:59 PM3/26/05
why spoil the relaxation by having to fight to reel in a creature of
God that does not wish to be eaten in the first place?

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcsilk for rates
http://dicksilk.chatango.com for live chat

Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor

Mar 26, 2005, 8:23:38 PM3/26/05
No, silly... Sam *IS* it! ;^}~

"Predator" <predat...@predator.that> wrote in message

whodunit

Mar 26, 2005, 9:32:37 PM3/26/05
Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor wrote:
> why spoil the relaxation by having to fight to reel in a creature of
> God that does not wish to be eaten in the first place?

In the Christian religion, Jesus/God *ate* fish, so that's not a good
reason. :-)

I imagine Jack doesn't use bait at all when he fishes. Makes things
easier that way.

Dillon Pyron

Mar 27, 2005, 12:18:12 PM3/27/05
Thus spake Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> :

I see you've never done it.

--
dillon

"When the French are against it, you know we can't
be far wrong." - Adm. Bobbie Ray Inman

Dillon Pyron

Mar 27, 2005, 12:19:01 PM3/27/05
Thus spake "Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor" <dick...@antispam.gov> :

>why spoil the relaxation by having to fight to reel in a creature of
>God that does not wish to be eaten in the first place?

Vegan?

--

Message has been deleted

whodunit

Mar 27, 2005, 4:21:18 PM3/27/05
Dillon Pyron wrote:

> Thus spake Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> :
>

>>Weyoun the Dancing Stripper wrote:

>>>"It's not about the fish. It's about the fish*ING*"
>>
>>What good is fishing without the fish?
>

> I see you've never done it.

I caught my brother once while cast fishing. Right on the lip, had to
make a trip to the emergency room to cut out the hook. <ouch>

Haven't touched a fishing rod in 30 years since then. Fish hooks can
cause major nightmares for me too. Just watching Daniel duck scared me! :-)

Day Brown

Mar 27, 2005, 6:45:44 PM3/27/05
Tim Bruening wrote:
> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

Sometimes wading birds leave one pond with fish eggs on their feet which
in wet weather are still viable when the bird lands on another pond.

I dunno how you'd keep the fish out of it.

bus...@yahoo.com

Mar 27, 2005, 7:12:58 PM3/27/05
Day Brown wrote:

> Sometimes wading birds leave one pond with fish eggs on their feet
which
> in wet weather are still viable when the bird lands on another pond.
>
> I dunno how you'd keep the fish out of it.

Chlorine?

slimsummers

Mar 27, 2005, 8:00:42 PM3/27/05
In article <9Xo1e.1955$FN4...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
pill...@sbcglobal.net says...

Those sure looked like worms on the hooks as they were fishing in both eps.

Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor

Mar 27, 2005, 8:01:22 PM3/27/05
"Dillon Pyron" <dmpyron...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> Thus spake "Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor" <dick...@antispam.gov>
> :
>
>>why spoil the relaxation by having to fight to reel in a creature of
>>God that does not wish to be eaten in the first place?
>
> Vegan?

Noooo! just empathic. (Highly, for an omnivore, in fact....)

whodunit

Mar 27, 2005, 11:31:00 PM3/27/05
slimsummers wrote:

Man, that must be one heckuva zoom lens on your tv there! ;-)

Feek O'Hanrahan

Mar 28, 2005, 9:02:43 PM3/28/05

<bus...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Grenades?

Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor

Apr 2, 2005, 1:06:40 PM4/2/05
"whodunit" <pill...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

I was thinking the same thing. And I also agree: fish are GOOD to
eat! but that doesn't necessarily mean they *want* to be eaten.

Dillon Pyron

Apr 12, 2005, 5:39:24 PM4/12/05
Thus spake "Dick Silk - The Computer Tutor" <dick...@antispam.gov> :

All of God's lesser creatures want to be eaten. It says so in the
bible. Genesis. The Rastas use Genesis 29 to justify the use of
marijuna. A justification I used in college. Now that I'm a
"non-believer", I still eat meat. I just don't need any
justification. I hunt, but not for trophies, although I'd take a 12
point buck or a 25 pound tom if one came along.

--
dillon

Women should be obscene and not absurd.

joshuath...@yahoo.com

Sep 12, 2013, 2:13:39 PM9/12/13
On Thursday, March 24, 2005 5:35:43 AM UTC-4, Tim Bruening wrote:
> Jack o' Neil has said several times that there are no fish in his pond.
> Why hasn't he stocked his pond with fish?

The pond is symbolism for his dating life. He fishes knowing he will not catch a fish because the fish he wants he cannot have. Samantha Carter

ProfIJM

Sep 18, 2013, 1:23:17 AM9/18/13
Indeed.

Wouter Valentijn

Sep 30, 2013, 6:10:44 AM9/30/13
And yet he once had her.
And afterwards there /were/ fish. :-)

--
Wouter Valentijn http://www.j3v.net

"Nothing in Hell can stop the Timberwolves"

Motto of the 104th Infantry Division (United States)

http://zeppodunsel.blogspot.nl/

liam=mail