Sarah Douglas on TV in "Conan the Destroyer"

Kevin

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Mark S. Bilk wrote:

> Fourteen years before her role as Garshaw, Sarah Douglas
> was Queen Taramis in this film. But Grace Jones steals
> the show. We also get to see one of the most disgusting
> monsters of all time. Shown on the Encore Action channel.

Still she's best known for Superman II(1980)
--
Remove X when replying

Mark S. Bilk

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Fourteen years before her role as Garshaw, Sarah Douglas
was Queen Taramis in this film. But Grace Jones steals
the show. We also get to see one of the most disgusting
monsters of all time. Shown on the Encore Action channel.

Schedule for *Pacific* time zone; others may differ:

Conan the Destroyer
Type: Movie / Fantasy (1984)
Duration: 1 hr 45 min
teen-age princess on a quest to retrieve a sacred religious
artifact. (Home Video)
Director: Richard Fleischer
Performers: Mako, Wilt Chamberlain, Sarah Douglas, Grace Jones,
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tracey Walter
Rated: PG
Expanded Rating: Adult situations, violence
Airing:
Mon 8/21/00 10:20am ACTION
Mon 8/21/00 8:00pm ACTION
Tue 8/22/00 2:35am ACTION

Michael

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
She was hot! Something about that Brit accent and black plastic clothing
that makes me say YEAH BABY (Austin Powers voice)...

"Kevin" <sg1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Mark S. Bilk wrote:
> >
> > Fourteen years before her role as Garshaw, Sarah Douglas
> > was Queen Taramis in this film. But Grace Jones steals
> > the show. We also get to see one of the most disgusting
> > monsters of all time. Shown on the Encore Action channel.

Citizen G'Kar

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

Michael <spams...@nospam.net> wrote in article
<CmLl5.79743$LE.4...@typhoon.we.rr.com>...

> She was hot! Something about that Brit accent and black plastic clothing
> that makes me say YEAH BABY (Austin Powers voice)...

She's dubbed in Superman II by Annie whatserface who's one of the
henchpeople in Superman III. I dunno why, since Douglas has an English
accent of her own...

--
------
"Oh, go away- repress someone else."

http://www.onelist.com/group/CouroPrido

This month's guest quote: "Something lives only as long as the last person
who remembers it" (Albert Hosteen)

BelRichard

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

>> Mark S. Bilk wrote:
>> >
>> > Fourteen years before her role as Garshaw, Sarah Douglas
>> > was Queen Taramis in this film. But Grace Jones steals
>> > the show. We also get to see one of the most disgusting
>> > monsters of all time. Shown on the Encore Action channel.

It's also playing on my DVD player. Have both the Barbarian and the
Destroyer.
-----
New favorite quote:
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.
I drink coffee, therefore I am loveable.

Humberto Zamora

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Is she the one in "Return of the Living Dead III"???

If so, then I think she is more e-vile than the zombies she's with!!

-Kronatron pi. So how is this relevant to SG-1?

Tom

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
There's also a flash of nudity from Sarah that she nor the producers
caught. Towards the end before the statue comes alive, she pivots right
ot walk off to the left. The camera angle is looking down from above.
Her garment, which is open up the sides, gaps open as she turns and you
can see that she is naked from the waist down under the garment. It's
visible long enough to see without stop-motion and is a completely
unobstructed view for a number of frames. This is one scene that "The
Bare Facts" missed.

"Mark S. Bilk" wrote:

> Fourteen years before her role as Garshaw, Sarah Douglas
> was Queen Taramis in this film. But Grace Jones steals
> the show. We also get to see one of the most disgusting
> monsters of all time. Shown on the Encore Action channel.

BelRichard

Aug 14, 2000, 9:46:25 PM8/14/00
From: Humberto Zamora <cel...@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Sarah Douglas on TV in "Conan the Destroyer"
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:17:22 -0500

>Is she the one in "Return of the Living Dead III"???
>If so, then I think she is more e-vile than the zombies she's with!!

She'd be the one. She was also in Puppet Master III, Beastmaster 2,
Solar Babies and played Pamela Lynch on Falcon Crest from 83-85. <G>

BelRichard

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
From: Tom <t2...@bellsouth.net>

Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:42:57 -0400

>There's also a flash of nudity from Sarah that she nor the producers
>caught. Towards the end before the statue comes alive, she pivots right
>ot walk off to the left. The camera angle is looking down from above.

Being the DOM that I am, I checked. They must have taken that part out
of my version. Now, Olivia d'Abo on the other hand [or body]..... <G>

will.d...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2016, 9:20:56 AM11/24/16
Interesting, I was not aware that Sarah Douglas had such an eventful career after Superman II.