Triple Header

Daniel65

Apr 23, 2022, 7:45:05 AM4/23/22
One of the Free-to-Air T.V. stations is showing 'Stargate',
'Stargate:The Ark of Truth' and 'Stargate Continuum' one after another
tonight, Saturday!!

Will my PVR be able to handle all that recording??
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Apr 24, 2022, 5:30:57 AM4/24/22
Daniel65 wrote on 23/4/22 9:45 pm:
Yes, it did!! Yeah!!

And, for a change, the Films started and ended on time. Something that
has seldom happened recently!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Your Name

Apr 24, 2022, 5:29:33 PM4/24/22
On 2022-04-24 09:30:57 +0000, Daniel65 said:
> Daniel65 wrote on 23/4/22 9:45 pm:
>>
>> One of the Free-to-Air T.V. stations is showing 'Stargate',
>> 'Stargate:The Ark of Truth' and 'Stargate Continuum' one after another
>> tonight, Saturday!!
>>
>> Will my PVR be able to handle all that recording??
>
> Yes, it did!! Yeah!!

As long as it isn't already nearly full up with other recordings, any
PVR should be able to handle recording three movies. The exception
would be a really old disc or tape based device where you manually have
to change the disc / tape.

> And, for a change, the Films started and ended on time. Something that
> has seldom happened recently!! ;-P

Most of the channels here in New Zealand rarely run on time. The MySky
recorder box starts auto-recording a show five minutes before scheduled
start and stops 10 minutes after the scheduled end. The end time can be
extended manually for each recrding. I haven't bothered to look, but I
think you can also change the box's settings to auto-record longer for
every show.

But that doesn't help when the morons are running very late, or
stupidly bump or change the show entirely!

Daniel65

Apr 25, 2022, 6:17:46 AM4/25/22
Your Name wrote on 25/4/22 7:29 am:
Yeap, my PVR has this function, too, but I'm not sure how it works when
I'm recording one program straight after the other!!

If one is due to finish at, say, 10:30 (and the next start at 10:30), if
I extend the 'End' time 5 mins, this would mean that I'm recording the
same T.V. channel on both channels of my PVR.

I'm not even sure this is possible!

And, sure, enough, if I delay the second programs start time, as well, 5
mins, you could just about guarantee that things will happen on schedule!!

> But that doesn't help when the morons are running very late, or
> stupidly bump or change the show entirely!

Here in Aus, we're in the midst of an election campaign .... so it
doesn't take much for a 'Breaking Story' (like the leader of the
Opposition catching CoViD!!) to delay things!!
--
Daniel

Your Name

Apr 25, 2022, 6:09:31 PM4/25/22
We sometimes have consecutive shows recording on the same channel. The
MySky box works fine. With each recording having it's own padded time,
so the first one also records the start of the second, and the second
records the end of the first.

The box used to be able to recrod two shows at the same time, but a
software update some time ago means it can now record three shows at
the same time. It also always "live records" whatever live channel
you're watching, so you can rewind and pause it, which means it's
actually recording four shows at the same time. ("Live record" only
keeps up to the previous hour, and dumps it and restarts when you
change channels.)

>> But that doesn't help when the morons are running very late, or
>> stupidly bump or change the show entirely!
>
> Here in Aus, we're in the midst of an election campaign .... so it
> doesn't take much for a 'Breaking Story' (like the leader of the
> Opposition catching CoViD!!) to delay things!!

Last night I was flicking through the on-screen guide which said the
nightly TV One News was going to start in a couple of minutes, so I
switched to the TV One channel and waited. At the end of the show that
was playing, the squashed closing credits had a box on the side saying
"Next: TV One News". The daily newspaper's guide also said TV One News
was going to play at that timeslot ... BUT, the show that started after
the advert break was NOT One News, it some silly re-run of a reality TV
show. :-\

Daniel65

Apr 26, 2022, 5:27:30 AM4/26/22
Your Name wrote on 26/4/22 8:09 am:

> BUT, the show that started after > the advert break was NOT One
> News, it some silly re-run of a reality TV show. :-\

Oh!! Goodie!! Just what everyone wants to see again ...... NOT!! ;-P

I guess nothing much happened in NZ yesterday!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Your Name

Apr 26, 2022, 4:45:40 PM4/26/22
Nothing ever happens in New Zealand. :-p

It was also the ANZAC Day public holiday, but there was still meant to
be a News show. The News shows do include what's happening overseas too.

Daniel65

Apr 27, 2022, 9:28:24 AM4/27/22
Your Name wrote on 27/4/22 6:45 am:
Here in OZ, ANZAC Day Ceremonies/Marches/Two Up games/Football Games are
all covered in our ANZAC Day News programs.

And then you've got Ukraine, etc!!
--
Daniel