[NEWS] "Star Trek: Prodigy" - Kate Mulgrew returns (animated series)

Your Name

Oct 8, 2020, 3:51:07 PM10/8/20

From ComingSoon.net ...

Star Trek: Prodigy:
Kate Mulgrew Returns as Captain Janeway in Nickelodeon's Animated Series
During Star Trek Universe's virtual panel at New York Comic Con, creator
Alex Kurtzman has announced that Star Trek: Voyager alum Kate Mulgrew
will officially be joining Nickelodeon and CBS Studios' upcoming
animated series Star Trek: Prodigy to reprise her iconic role as
Captain Kathryn Janeway. Featuring Mulgrew as she shares her excitement
for the project, you can check out the full announcement video in
player below!

Announcement Video: (5mins 46secs)
<https://youtu.be/nPZsYTddCp4>

"I have invested every scintilla of my being in Captain Janeway, and
I can't wait to endow her with nuance that I never did before in Star
Trek: Prodigy," Mulgrew said. "How thrilling to be able to introduce
to these young minds an idea that has elevated the world for decades.
To be at the helm again is going to be deeply gratifying in a new way
for me."

Kurtzman added, "Captain Janeway was held to a different standard than
her predecessors. She was asked to embody an inhuman level of
perfection in order to be accepted as 'good enough' by the doubters,
but showed them all what it means to be truly outstanding. We can
think of no better captain to inspire the next generation of dreamers
on Nickelodeon, than she."

The Golden Globe-nominated actress' Captain Janeway was the central
character for Star Trek: Voyager which ran for seven seasons from
1995-2006. She was also the only female captain to lead a Star Trek
series.

Star Trek: Prodigy will follow a group of lawless teenagers who
discover a derelict Starfleet ship and take it on adventures while
searching for meaning and salvation in the universe. The CG-animated
series is expected to make its debut in 2021. The series is being
developed by Emmy winners Dan and Kevin Hageman (Scary Stories To
Tell in the Dark). The project is overseen by Ramsey Naito, and was
first announced in April 2019.

Prodigy comes from CBS' Eye Animation Productions, CBS Television
Studios' new animation arm, plus Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry
Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin will serve as EPs will
Katie Krentz, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth and the Hageman siblings.
Aaron Baiers will serve as a co-executive producer.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1151260-star-trek-prodigy-kate-mulgrew-returns-as-captain-janeway>