Prophecy and The Disease

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2017, 1:58:11 PM8/28/17
"The Disease" reveals that a Starfleet crewmember must obtain permission from the captain and the Chief Medical Officer to mate with an alien (non-crewmember). Therefore, when the EMH learns that a Klingon woman who came over from another ship is interested in Harry Kim, he gives Kim permission to mate with her and reminds him to also ask Captain Janeway.

However, Neelix then humiliates Kim and wins the Klingon. Has Neelix obtained permission to mate with the Klingon?

Daniel60

Aug 29, 2017, 5:44:00 AM8/29/17
On 29/08/2017 3:58 AM, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> "The Disease" reveals that a Starfleet crewmember must obtain permission from the captain and the Chief Medical Officer to mate with an alien (non-crewmember). Therefore, when the EMH learns that a Klingon woman who came over from another ship is interested in Harry Kim, he gives Kim permission to mate with her and reminds him to also ask Captain Janeway.
>
> However, Neelix then humiliates Kim and wins the Klingon. Has Neelix obtained permission to mate with the Klingon?

Yes.

Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 10:20:59 PM9/6/17
WHEN did he obtain permission? I didn't see him do so!

Daniel60

Sep 7, 2017, 7:56:04 AM9/7/17
Last week, Tim! The week before!! Does it really matter??

Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2017, 11:39:39 AM11/11/17
The Klingons had only boarded Voyager that very episode, so Neelix would not have had any REASON to ask permission to mate with a Klingon BEFORE the episode "Prophecy"! Therefore, we should have seen Neelix asking permission DURING "Prophecy"!