why does voyager not have quantum torpedoes?

B.J.

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

Chris wrote:

> so why doesn't it? It's a warship isn't it

It's not a warship. It is a high speed scout ship.

The Immortal X-Man

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

Thats wrong. The voyager didn't have QTorps at launch. They came around
the next season of DS9.

--
Like a book amongst the many on the shelf
The Immortal X-Man

Chris

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

gizmo

Jan 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/28/97

If I remember right, on the first episode they used quatum torpedoes
to distroy the caretaker's ship. from the Kzan.
I have to find that tape to check it.

or...@vaxxine.com (The Immortal X-Man) wrote:

>Thats wrong. The voyager didn't have QTorps at launch. They came around
>the next season of DS9.

>In article <01bc0bf7$02adbf20$793b...@HawkVision.spectranet>, "Chris"
><cou...@spectranet.ca> wrote:

>--

>Like a book amongst the many on the shelf
>The Immortal X-Man
>http://www.vaxxine.com/ouellem

Have your personal photos scanned for as low as 50 cents each.
check out my webpage for more info.
http://www.wavenet.com/~gizmo

George Padovan

Jan 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/28/97
to B.J.

B.J. wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> >
> > so why doesn't it? It's a warship isn't it
>
> It's not a warship. It is a high speed scout ship.

*Wrong again.* I understand that the Intrepid class is an exploration
ship much like the orginal Enterprise (Consitution class). Just happens
that Starfleet gave Janeway a mission that *suppose* to last just three
weeks - to capture the Maquis -, and they end up in the DQ 70 years from
home. An exploration ship will last *longer* than any type of ship in
the fleet, so Voyager have a *good* chance to make it make to Fed space.

--
George "Geordi" Padovan
Commander, CEO of USS Avenger (Starfleet)

Neil Olsen

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:11:25 GMT, gi...@wavenet.com (gizmo) wrote:

>If I remember right, on the first episode they used quatum torpedoes
>to distroy the caretaker's ship. from the Kzan.
>I have to find that tape to check it.

Also, if memory serves me, they fired one quantum torpedo at a Vidiian
ship at the end of *Resolutions*. (Along with the exterior
holographic displays of the talaxian fighter craft, the last part of
this episode I found more enjoyable than the first).

Neil Olsen

"...going to warp, going to impulse...,
can't we just go home and have a drink?"
*Kate Mulgrew, Creation Convention 1/11/96*

Ed Rhodes

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

In article <01bc0bf7$02adbf20$793b...@HawkVision.spectranet>,
cou...@spectranet.ca says...

>so why doesn't it? It's a warship isn't it and It came out several
month's
>after the defiant and the defiant has them and we know that the crew
knows
>of their existence, for example in dreadnought chacotay mentioned
using
>dreadnoughts quantum torpedoes, so it seems that at Voyagers launching
they
>existed. Anyone have an explanation?

Who said Voyager was a warship? Last I heard it was a science vessal
similar to the Grissom. (With a better captain, thank God.)

George Padovan

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

gizmo wrote:

> If I remember right, on the first episode they used quatum torpedoes
> to distroy the caretaker's ship. from the Kzan.
> I have to find that tape to check it.

You *may* be right. In "Caretaker", the series premiere, the Voyager did
fire a torpedo, that was white, at the array. I know that quantum torps
are white in color. (the Enter-E, in First Contact, use quantum torps,
which were white in color) Photon torpedoes are red in color, which they
use later on.

My opinion is that perhaps the Voyager have *very few* of the quantum
torpedoes and more of the photon torpedoes. The quantum torps are more
powerful than the photon, so Janeway will *not* use them unless it is
*really* necessary. This may be one possible explanation as to why we
see Voyager fire photon torps instead of the quantum torps.

Maagic

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

Those were Tri Cobalt devices, not quantum torpedoes
--
My web page! You won't believe it! http://www.geocities.com/Area51/1766
National Computer Outlet http://www.geocities.com/Area51/1766/nco.htm

Federation President-Elect Thompson

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

> You *may* be right. In "Caretaker", the series premiere, the Voyager did
> fire a torpedo, that was white, at the array. I know that quantum torps
> are white in color. (the Enter-E, in First Contact, use quantum torps,
> which were white in color) Photon torpedoes are red in color, which they
> use later on.

Nope. They use tricobalt devices.

> My opinion is that perhaps the Voyager have *very few* of the quantum
> torpedoes and more of the photon torpedoes. The quantum torps are more
> powerful than the photon, so Janeway will *not* use them unless it is
> *really* necessary. This may be one possible explanation as to why we
> see Voyager fire photon torps instead of the quantum torps.

It doesn't have any.

Steve Hass

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

Chris wrote:

> so why doesn't it? It's a warship isn't it and It came out several month's
> after the defiant and the defiant has them and we know that the crew knows
> of their existence, for example in dreadnought chacotay mentioned using
> dreadnoughts quantum torpedoes, so it seems that at Voyagers launching they
> existed. Anyone have an explanation?
Voygaer is NOT a warship it's a small scout ship it only looks good
compared to the kazons bucuse the Kazons SUCK a nebula class ship would
kill voyager!
--
/---------------------------------/
/=============Visit===============/

Bryan E. Esquire

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

In article <32F155...@tir.com>, Steve Hass <ha...@tir.com> wrote:
>Voygaer is NOT a warship it's a small scout ship it only looks good
>compared to the kazons bucuse the Kazons SUCK a nebula class ship would
>kill voyager!

Voyager is ONLY a scout. SHe is NOT heavily armed. SPEED is her
ONLY real weapon. Sure, she can protect herself if she wants, but not as
well as Nebula, Ambassador, Sovereign, Defiant.
One thing to note though, is that *IF* Dreadnaught were not
destroyed, Voyager would in fact have quantum torpedoes.

--
Marc Escuro [R] They reach into your room,
Bryan E. Esquire Just feel their gentle touch.

George Padovan

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

Steve Hass wrote:
(snip)
> Voygaer is NOT a warship it's a small scout ship...(snip)

One *more* time....Voyager is *not* a *scout ship*! It is an Intrepid
class *exploration* ship! Think, man, think!

One: Janeway is a scientist who loves to explore. Would she accept being
captain of a scout ship? Noooooooooo!

Two: A scout ship would have a crew *less* than 100. Voyager have a crew
of 150! Duh!

Three: A scout ship was designed *only* for *short-term* time in space.
Power would go mostly to warp engines and weapons, thus giving it the
ability to maintain higher warp speeds for longer time. Voyager *can
not* maintain higher warp speed for a long time, because as an
exploration ship, power is use evenly throught out the ship.

Four: Scout ships do *not* have labs! Voyager does!

Five, and final one: A scout ship was *not* designed to be in space for
a long period of time! A scout ship will not last a year on its own in
the Delta Quad. An exploration ship *was* designed to be in space for a
long time, therefore will have the ability to last the period of time
Voyager had been, so far, in the DQ.

Steve, you better back up your words.

--
Geordi Padovan - Cmdr., USS Avenger Engineering (Starfleet)
Capt. Kathryn Janeway: "Bottle of champane. Moon-light sail on Lake

Maagic

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

George Padovan wrote:

> gizmo wrote:
> >
> > If I remember right, on the first episode they used quatum torpedoes
> > to distroy the caretaker's ship. from the Kzan.
> > I have to find that tape to check it.
>
> You *may* be right. In "Caretaker", the series premiere, the Voyager did
> fire a torpedo, that was white, at the array. I know that quantum torps
> are white in color. (the Enter-E, in First Contact, use quantum torps,
> which were white in color) Photon torpedoes are red in color, which they
> use later on.
>
> My opinion is that perhaps the Voyager have *very few* of the quantum
> torpedoes and more of the photon torpedoes. The quantum torps are more
> powerful than the photon, so Janeway will *not* use them unless it is
> *really* necessary. This may be one possible explanation as to why we
> see Voyager fire photon torps instead of the quantum torps.
> --
> George "Geordi" Padovan
> Commander, CEO of USS Avenger (Starfleet)
> "We're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job."- Capt. Kathryn
> Janeway

Those were tricobalt devices, not quantum torpedoes

bro_d...@yahoo.com

Sep 4, 2017, 4:53:55 PM9/4/17
Into your explanation why Voyager is not a scout ship in episode on Voyager there was a scout ship science vessel called The Equinox remember they were using ailing to kill them to increase their warp speed cuz they can only go maximum warp eight that it's like a scout ship scientific vessel Planetary Exploration only short-term missions they were thrown in the Delta quadrant also

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 10:18:10 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, January 29, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Maagic wrote:
> George Padovan wrote:
> >
> > gizmo wrote:
> > >
> > > If I remember right, on the first episode they used quatum torpedoes
> > > to distroy the caretaker's ship. from the Kzan.
> > > I have to find that tape to check it.
> >
> > You *may* be right. In "Caretaker", the series premiere, the Voyager did
> > fire a torpedo, that was white, at the array. I know that quantum torps
> > are white in color. (the Enter-E, in First Contact, use quantum torps,
> > which were white in color) Photon torpedoes are red in color, which they
> > use later on.
> >
> > My opinion is that perhaps the Voyager have *very few* of the quantum
> > torpedoes and more of the photon torpedoes. The quantum torps are more
> > powerful than the photon, so Janeway will *not* use them unless it is
> > *really* necessary. This may be one possible explanation as to why we
> > see Voyager fire photon torps instead of the quantum torps.
> > --
> > George "Geordi" Padovan
> > Commander, CEO of USS Avenger (Starfleet)
> > "We're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job."- Capt. Kathryn
> > Janeway
>
> Those were Tri Cobalt devices, not quantum torpedoes

The Voyage Conspiracy: Seven of Nine wonders why Voyager HAD Tri-Cobalt devices, which aren't standard equipment! She also wonders why Tuvok used TWO such devices on the Array when one would have sufficed!