Voyager: Blood Fever

Tim Bruening

Nov 1, 2008, 7:02:06 PM11/1/08
Ensign Vorick is going through the Pon Far (The Vulcan mating urge).
Normally, he would go back to Vulcan and take a mate. However, he's on
a ship that's stranded in the Delta Quadrant, leaving him up a creek
without a paddle. He therefore tries to mate with B'Elanna Torres. She
rejects him, but not before he accidentally bonds with her, causing her
to experience Pon Far also.

Tuvok outlines three ways to deal with Pon Far: Take a mate (which
Vorick has already tried without success), participate in a mating duel
(as Spock did in Amok Time, but Tuvok doesn't consider that option
relevant, since Vorick doesn't have a mate to fight for, or a rival
Vulcan to fight him), or meditate. Vorick goes back to his quarters and
meditates for his life.

When Spock fought with Kirk over T'Pring in "Amok Time", the adrenaline
generated corrected his chemical imbalance. I therefore suggest that
the Vulcan equivalent of adrenaline be injected into Vorick.

The Doctor comes up with a clever solution: He sends Vorick to the
Holodeck to mate with a holographic Vulcan woman. The mating session
greatly improves Vorick's condition. This surprised me, since Vorick
would not be able to establish a telepathic bond with a hologram! I
have an addition to the holodeck therapy idea: Have the Pon Far patient
participate in a mating duel on the Holodeck with a male Vulcan hologram
over a female Vulcan hologram. This would purge the blood fever.

Eventually, Vorick beams down to mate with Torres, but instead fights
her, curing both of them.

Great moments: Paris agreeing to mate with Torres to save her life, and
commenting on the bizarre nature of the situation. However, Paris isn't
quite sure how to proceed. Why doesn't he just tear her clothes off
while having her tear his clothes off?

Chakotay showing Janeway a dead Borg at the colony they were helping to
conceal itself better.

fozzi

Nov 8, 2008, 7:10:52 PM11/8/08

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> Great moments: Paris agreeing to mate with Torres to save her life, and
> commenting on the bizarre nature of the situation. However, Paris isn't
> quite sure how to proceed. Why doesn't he just tear her clothes off
> while having her tear his clothes off?

That comment alone you have never exlpored a close female friends final
frontiers, sex with a close friend is strictly about the sex, yes its two
people who love each other quite a bit, but dont consider each other as
potential permanent mates, exploring each other, but, in these friendships
teasing is usually quite extensive long before the actual nuptials hence
serious flirting is not a good indication that the other person would also
like to explore those options, the first time is usually quite tentative as
you test the others reactions to your touch

cheers
Fozzi

Tim Bruening

Jan 16, 2017, 10:32:29 PM1/16/17
When Tuvok went into Pon Farr, did his wife go into Pon Farr also, as Torres did when the Pon Farr maddened Vorik mind bonded with her?

Tim Bruening

Nov 11, 2017, 12:19:12 PM11/11/17
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 7:32:29 PM UTC-8, Tim Bruening wrote:
> When Tuvok went into Pon Farr, did his wife go into Pon Farr also, as Torres did when the Pon Farr maddened Vorik mind bonded with her?

Vorick did have a would be mate back on Vulcan.
Did she feel his Pon Farr?