Voyager: Coda

Tim Bruening

Jun 28, 2007, 10:00:02 PM6/28/07
In this episode, Janeway seems to be caught in a time loop in which she
dies over and over. Eventually, she
sees herself die on a storm tossed planet, and the Doctor fail to
resuscitate her in Sickbay. Janeway tries to get Kes to notice her
"spirit". When Kes walks through her, she does sense Janeway's
presence, and gets the crew to start searching for her consciousness.

During the crew's search, why doesn't Janeway ever again arrange for
people to walk through her? After all, that's how Kes sensed her!

At one point, Tuvok has his hands on Kes' head, helping her search
mentally for Janeway's presence. Tuvok joins with Kes' mind to help her
search. Janeway speaks, but neither Kes nor Tuvok can sense her. Why
doesn't Janeway walk through both Tuvok and Kes in hopes that they will
sense her when she intersects the spaces occupied by their bodies.
After all, Kes sensed Janeway only when Janeway intersected the space
occupied by her body.

Beeblebear

Jun 29, 2007, 3:50:36 PM6/29/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Because Voyager is shit, and the character of Janeway had a lobotomy that
they forgot to mention to the viewer.
Chris Lyth (clyt...@ifis.org.uk - shoot the president to reply)

You guys got something against spam? (Vriess, in _Alien 4_)

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Jun 29, 2007, 10:44:37 PM6/29/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Because Janeway is a dunce.

--
"Personally for me, tt's even worse to pick up your own 7-year-old son and
be reminded everytime you look at him of something so horrific and wrong."

Anim8rFSK

Jun 30, 2007, 10:48:47 AM6/30/07
In article <46855656$0$27235$8826...@free.teranews.com>,

"Beeblebear" <ch...@clyth.JFKshhot the presidentfsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > In this episode, Janeway seems to be caught in a time loop in which she
> > dies over and over. Eventually, she
> > sees herself die on a storm tossed planet, and the Doctor fail to
> > resuscitate her in Sickbay. Janeway tries to get Kes to notice her
> > "spirit". When Kes walks through her, she does sense Janeway's
> > presence, and gets the crew to start searching for her consciousness.
> >
> > During the crew's search, why doesn't Janeway ever again arrange for
> > people to walk through her? After all, that's how Kes sensed her!
> >
> > At one point, Tuvok has his hands on Kes' head, helping her search
> > mentally for Janeway's presence. Tuvok joins with Kes' mind to help her
> > search. Janeway speaks, but neither Kes nor Tuvok can sense her. Why
> > doesn't Janeway walk through both Tuvok and Kes in hopes that they will
> > sense her when she intersects the spaces occupied by their bodies.
> > After all, Kes sensed Janeway only when Janeway intersected the space
> > occupied by her body.
>
> Because Voyager is shit, and the character of Janeway had a lobotomy that
> they forgot to mention to the viewer.

They proudly displayed it in every episode; hardly had a need to mention
it.

--
"When you see Alec Baldwin, you see the true ugliness of human nature."
-- Kim Jong II

tsbr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2017, 11:49:45 AM11/11/17
On Friday, June 29, 2007 at 7:44:37 PM UTC-7, Orson Wells as CitizenCain wrote:
> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > In this episode, Janeway seems to be caught in a time loop in which she
> > dies over and over. Eventually, she
> > sees herself die on a storm tossed planet, and the Doctor fail to
> > resuscitate her in Sickbay. Janeway tries to get Kes to notice her
> > "spirit". When Kes walks through her, she does sense Janeway's
> > presence, and gets the crew to start searching for her consciousness.
> >
> > During the crew's search, why doesn't Janeway ever again arrange for
> > people to walk through her? After all, that's how Kes sensed her!
> >
> > At one point, Tuvok has his hands on Kes' head, helping her search
> > mentally for Janeway's presence. Tuvok joins with Kes' mind to help her
> > search. Janeway speaks, but neither Kes nor Tuvok can sense her. Why
> > doesn't Janeway walk through both Tuvok and Kes in hopes that they will
> > sense her when she intersects the spaces occupied by their bodies.
> > After all, Kes sensed Janeway only when Janeway intersected the space
> > occupied by her body.
>

> Because Janeway is a dunce.

Yet at the very end, Janeway realizes that her father is not her father by noting his extreme pushiness on the subject of joining him in the Afterlife. Her real father would never have pressured her in that manner.
He always let her make up her own mind. It seems to me that a dunce would not have come to such a realization.