[News] Next "Star Trek" movie stalls at paramount

Your Name

Aug 8, 2020, 3:08:39 AM8/8/20

Of course the fanchise has "struggled" ... the morons destroyed it with
ill-fitting Crap Trek "reboot" garbage and latest animated idiocy. And
now they're reportedly thinking of going back to the original
timeline?! Far too little, far too late. :-(

From ComingSoon.net ...

Noah Hawley's Star Trek reportedly stalled at Paramount
Following the underwhelming box office numbers for Star Trek Beyond,
the film franchise of Paramount's long-running sci-fi universe has
struggled to find a path forward and while Legion's Noah Hawley
signed on to write and direct a fourth film in Abrams' Kelvin
Timeline, it appears the project has stalled at the studio,
according to Deadline.

Emma Watts, previously an exec at Fox, recently was appointed to
Paramount Motion Picture Group is currently reassessing the
forthcoming film slate for the studio, namely the state of the Star
Trek film franchise, which has been up in the air for the past four
years as various projects were put into development beginning with a
fourth film helmed by S.J. Clarkson before being shelved due to cast
contracting issues, an R-rated film helmed by Quentin Tarantino
penned by Mark L. Smith (The Revenant) and Hawley's project.

Sources report that Hawley's film was actually set to bring in a new
cast of characters rather than bringing back the Kelvin cast and
would see the protagonists race to cure a deadly virus and, though
Paramount hasn't confirmed anything as of yet, given the world's
current situation it may be an explanation as to why his project is
on hold. Tarantino unofficially dropped off the Smith-penned project
earlier this year but stated it would most likely be made at some
point, with the story set be based on a classic Star Trek episode
set earthbound in a '30s gangster setting.

Both projects are reportedly on hold at the studio, but the latter
is being considered a viable option to carry the franchise forward,
seen by the studio as a spinoff akin to the X-Men spin-off Logan and
may move forward with that plan while they figure out how to move
forward with the Kelvin Timeline or even one of the original
timelines.

With the CBS All Access series Discovery and Picard proving the
franchise is still successful for the studio, it makes sense
Paramount would rather take its time to move forward with another
Star Trek film rather than rush one out in a similar vein to Beyond.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1144667-noah-hawleys-star-trek-reportedly-stalled-at-paramount>

Marcovaldo

Aug 22, 2020, 7:19:42 PM8/22/20
On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 12:08:39 AM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> Of course the fanchise has "struggled" ... the morons destroyed it with
> ill-fitting Crap Trek "reboot" garbage and latest animated idiocy. And
> now they're reportedly thinking of going back to the original
> timeline?! Far too little, far too late. :-(

Thanks for the link. I hope they can come up with something.

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 23, 2020, 1:45:02 AM8/23/20
Op 8-8-2020 om 09:08 schreef Your Name:
They say DSC and Picard already are the original timeline. I cannot
concur. Specially for DSC.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."