Ricardo Montalban not on Oscars Memorium

ri...@aol.com

Mar 8, 2010, 2:47:16 PM3/8/10

The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In
Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise. We
know him as Khan, of course, but he had a successful film career back
to the 40s and according to Wikipedia "was the first Hispanic actor to
appear on the front cover of Life" and "was one of only a handful of
actively working Hispanic actors." They had Katy Jurado there several
years ago and she's primarily known for her role in "High Noon."

And how awesome would it have been to see a clip of him as 1982 Khan
in all his glory with Shatner screaming "Khaaaan!" over James Taylor
on the Oscars?

Rik

RobertB

Mar 8, 2010, 6:30:28 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 11:47 am, r...@aol.com wrote:

> The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In
> Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise.

It's a shame that neither were there. A spokesman
from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included. :(

A sorry excuse,
Robert Bernardo

Frosty

Mar 8, 2010, 7:11:59 PM3/8/10
-It's a shame that neither were there. A spokesman
-from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
-Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included. :(

But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.

Your Name

Mar 8, 2010, 7:23:16 PM3/8/10
In article
<b317f04e-c6bc-4aff...@f17g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
RobertB <rber...@iglou.com> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 11:47=A0am, r...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In
> > Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise.
>
> It's a shame that neither were there. A spokesman
> from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
> Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included. :(

Possibly because they have to fit into a specific timeframe on TV, and
they know all the winning celebrities will want their 30 minutes of thank
yous. :-\

ri...@aol.com

Mar 8, 2010, 7:48:09 PM3/8/10

> But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.

Farrah starred or co-starred in many films ("Saturn 3," "Extremities,"
"Myra Breckenridge," "Logan's Run"), and had two "star
vehicles" ("Somebody Killed Her Husband" and "Sunburn"), neither of
which were breakout performances, of course. That came with "The
Burning Bed" on TV and "Extremities" on stage.

Ricard Montalban, however, was a part of Golden Age Hollywood, as well
as playing Kahn, widely regarded as one of the best film villains
ever.

Rik

Anim8rFSK

Mar 8, 2010, 7:49:38 PM3/8/10
In article
<your.name-090...@203-109-171-169.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:

More like they need room for the extended dance number. They ran 45
minutes over; they couldn't have gone another 10 seconds for Khan? Or
dropped half the people they did include?

They also left off:

Henry Gibson
Gene Barry
Beatrice Arthur
Dan O'Bannon

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John

Bast

Mar 8, 2010, 9:53:03 PM3/8/10

Yet I'll bet in a "poll on the street" far more people knew him for selling
Chrysler cars, and welcoming people to Fantasy Island.

That he danced with Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charrise would draw blank stares,
most asking who Ginger Roger and Cyd Charrise even were.

Sigh,...

Your Name

Mar 8, 2010, 10:14:55 PM3/8/10
In article
<228778d0-3ac8-4434...@b9g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
ri...@aol.com wrote:

> > But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.
>
> Farrah starred or co-starred in many films ("Saturn 3," "Extremities,"
> "Myra Breckenridge," "Logan's Run"), and had two "star
> vehicles" ("Somebody Killed Her Husband" and "Sunburn"), neither of
> which were breakout performances, of course. That came with "The
> Burning Bed" on TV and "Extremities" on stage.

You missed Charlie's Angels (the proper version, not the Drew Barrymore /
Cameron Diaz barely recognisable garbage). :-)

> Ricard Montalban, however, was a part of Golden Age Hollywood, as well
> as playing Kahn, widely regarded as one of the best film villains
> ever.

And of course Fantasy Island.

Your Name

Mar 8, 2010, 10:18:29 PM3/8/10
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-936F7...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,

Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> They also left off:
>
> Henry Gibson
> Gene Barry
> Beatrice Arthur
> Dan O'Bannon

They left off all the New Zealand "celebrities" too. ;-)

At Christmas the local TV Guide prints a list of the celebrities who died
during the year. The the 2009 list they included an elephant named Kashin
from the zoo, much to the displeasure of a few idiots who just had to
write in and complain ... but that elephant was very popular with kids for
decades, as well as being the mascot for a kids' savings scheme at a bank
(Kashin = Cash-in). :-)

ri...@aol.com

Mar 8, 2010, 10:35:50 PM3/8/10
I was only counting theatrical films towards consideration for the
Oscars show.

Rik

TrekkiELO

Mar 9, 2010, 3:40:57 AM3/9/10

The Academy did include Ricardo Montalb�n in last year's Oscar In
Memoriam segment with Queen Latifah singing "I'll Be Seeing You"
because he died January 14th, right before their 2009 ceremony and I
saw it for myself live on ABC TV.

Three clips total @ 2:03 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M480lyYD-tY
one of him taking off his mask as Khan inside those cargo bays on Ceti
Alpha V from Star Trek II, then another two I've never seen.

Star Trek IV composer Leonard Rosenman is right before him.

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

TrekkiELO

Mar 9, 2010, 3:49:36 AM3/9/10
On Mar 8, 6:48�pm, r...@aol.com wrote:
> > But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.
>
> Farrah starred or co-starred in many films ("Saturn 3," "Extremities,"
> "Myra Breckenridge," "Logan's Run"), and had two "star
> vehicles" ("Somebody Killed Her Husband" and "Sunburn"), neither of
> which were breakout performances, of course. �That came with "The
> Burning Bed" on TV and "Extremities" on stage.
>
> Rik

And also Cannonball Run!

Signed,

Rick

TrekkiELO

Mar 9, 2010, 3:56:32 AM3/9/10
On Mar 8, 8:53�pm, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> That he danced with Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charrise would draw blank stares,
> most asking who Ginger Roger and Cyd Charrise even were.
>
> Sigh,...

Ironically Cyd Charisse passed away 7 months prior to Ricardo
Montalban!

Rick

Bast

Mar 9, 2010, 7:42:30 AM3/9/10

TrekkiELO wrote:

Yes, and a loss of one great pair O' gams

My point being that Ricardo was a true movie star with a long established
movie career long before a one time bit part in a short-lived 60's sci-fi TV
show.

Farrah, was only one of the original angels, and only on TV, so not really
an Oscar concern.

However do not fear as I have heard a rumor that the next Trek movie will
have Lady Gaa-Gaa reprising the roll of "The Horta" James kirk's past love,
with at least one or two love scenes.

Who cares if it's dumb, and has nothing to do with the original story
line....the kiddies will buy tickets.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2010, 8:56:26 AM3/9/10
In article
<your.name-090...@203-109-170-116.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:

These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
movies.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2010, 8:58:16 AM3/9/10
In article
<ce19f577-8c6d-4a65...@q23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
TrekkiELO <Trek...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 1:47?pm, r...@aol.com wrote:
> > The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In

> > Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise. ?We

> > know him as Khan, of course, but he had a successful film career back
> > to the 40s and according to Wikipedia "was the first Hispanic actor to
> > appear on the front cover of Life" and "was one of only a handful of

> > actively working Hispanic actors." ?They had Katy Jurado there several

> > years ago and she's primarily known for her role in "High Noon."
> >
> > And how awesome would it have been to see a clip of him as 1982 Khan
> > in all his glory with Shatner screaming "Khaaaan!" over James Taylor
> > on the Oscars?
> >
> > Rik
>

> The Academy did include Ricardo Montalb?n in last year's Oscar In

> Memoriam segment with Queen Latifah singing "I'll Be Seeing You"
> because he died January 14th, right before their 2009 ceremony and I
> saw it for myself live on ABC TV.
>
> Three clips total @ 2:03 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M480lyYD-tY
> one of him taking off his mask as Khan inside those cargo bays on Ceti
> Alpha V from Star Trek II, then another two I've never seen.
>
> Star Trek IV composer Leonard Rosenman is right before him.
>
> Signed,
>
> Rick Vendl II

cool, thanks

TrekkiELO

Mar 9, 2010, 1:57:50 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 7:58�am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <ce19f577-8c6d-4a65-8672-2e0127e4c...@q23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> �TrekkiELO <Trekki...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 8, 1:47?pm, r...@aol.com wrote:
> > > The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In
> > > Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise. ?We
> > > know him as Khan, of course, but he had a successful film career back
> > > to the 40s and according to Wikipedia "was the first Hispanic actor to
> > > appear on the front cover of Life" and "was one of only a handful of
> > > actively working Hispanic actors." ?They had Katy Jurado there several
> > > years ago and she's primarily known for her role in "High Noon."
>
> > > And how awesome would it have been to see a clip of him as 1982 Khan
> > > in all his glory with Shatner screaming "Khaaaan!" over James Taylor
> > > on the Oscars?
>
> > > Rik
>
> > The Academy did include Ricardo Montalb?n in last year's Oscar In
> > Memoriam segment with Queen Latifah singing "I'll Be Seeing You"
> > because he died January 14th, right before their 2009 ceremony and I
> > saw it for myself live on ABC TV.
>
> > Three clips total @ 2:03 herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M480lyYD-tY

> > one of him taking off his mask as Khan inside those cargo bays on Ceti
> > Alpha V from Star Trek II, then another two I've never seen.
>
> > Star Trek IV composer Leonard Rosenman is right before him.
>
> > Signed,
>
> > Rick Vendl II
>
> cool, thanks
>
> --
> As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle" �
> the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John
> as Molly as Robin as Molly fell into the Batmobile's atomic pile: �
> "What a terrible way to go-go"- Hide quoted text -

You're welcome, just hope it will not get lost as this needs to be
seen by everybody else here.

The real tragedy happened 10 years ago when they left out DeForest
Kelley.

Thank God those same people then made sure James Doohan was in their
Oscar 2006 In Memoriam with that epic Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Enterprise pod tour scene where you could actually hear him say "Aye
sir" to Admiral Kirk after docking.

Rick

Wiseguy

Mar 9, 2010, 2:21:44 PM3/9/10
"Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in

> TrekkiELO wrote:
>> On Mar 8, 8:53?pm, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>>> That he danced with Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charrise would draw blank
>>> stares, most asking who Ginger Roger and Cyd Charrise even were.
>>>
>>> Sigh,...
>>
>> Ironically Cyd Charisse passed away 7 months prior to Ricardo
>> Montalban!
>>
>> Rick
>

> Yes, and a loss of one great pair O' gams
>
> My point being that Ricardo was a true movie star with a long
> established movie career long before a one time bit part in a
> short-lived 60's sci-fi TV show.

Two days after "Space Seed" was broadcast, Montalban appeared on the
first-run Mission: Impossible episode (2/18/67).
Less than two months before he appeared on The Wild Wild West (12/30/66)
in a time-travel story.
He was busy that season.

Your Name

Mar 9, 2010, 3:07:36 PM3/9/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> movies.

Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is actually
any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.

Brian Thorn

Mar 9, 2010, 5:18:07 PM3/9/10
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 06:56:26 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
>movies.

Yet they had Michael Jackson in the In Memoriam tribute. He's not
primarily remembered for the movies, in fact I doubt many people even
remembered "The Wiz" when he died.

Brian

Brian Thorn

Mar 9, 2010, 5:22:28 PM3/9/10
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:07:36 +1300, "Your Name" <your...@isp.com>
wrote:

>> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
>> movies.
>
>Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
>back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is actually
>any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.

How's that different than any other industry? The Oscars are voted
upon by people in the movie industry. They vote for who they thought
did the best work, which is a very different perspective than those of
us who are only in the audience.

Kinda like Anim absolutely hating the TOS-R CGI, because he's in the
industry. Those of us who aren't seem to like TOS-R just fine (some
more than others, but none as scornful of it as Anim.)

If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.

Brian

TrekkiELO

Mar 9, 2010, 5:50:26 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 4:22�pm, Brian Thorn <bthor...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:07:36 +1300, "Your Name" <your.n...@isp.com>

> wrote:
>
> >> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> >> movies.
>
> >Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
> >back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is actually
> >any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.
>
> If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.
>
> Brian

That's what they like to make you believe!

Signed,

Rick

Bast

Mar 9, 2010, 6:12:03 PM3/9/10

But anyone who was to Disney World, saw him in a movie there.
And he should get at least a bit of recognition for Best Theme Song, as the
singer in "BEN"

C'mon, cut the poor androgenous guy/girl a break,....it's tough to go
through life with no nose.

I once had a dog with no nose,......how did he smell, you ask ?
Bloody horrible.
<rimshot>

Steven L.

Mar 9, 2010, 8:19:56 PM3/9/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> In article
> <your.name-090...@203-109-170-116.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
> your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <228778d0-3ac8-4434...@b9g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Farrah starred or co-starred in many films ("Saturn 3," "Extremities,"
> > > "Myra Breckenridge," "Logan's Run"), and had two "star
> > > vehicles" ("Somebody Killed Her Husband" and "Sunburn"), neither of
> > > which were breakout performances, of course. That came with "The
> > > Burning Bed" on TV and "Extremities" on stage.
> >
> > You missed Charlie's Angels (the proper version, not the Drew Barrymore /
> > Cameron Diaz barely recognisable garbage). :-)
> >

> > > Ricard Montalban, however, was a part of Golden Age Hollywood, as well
> > > as playing Kahn, widely regarded as one of the best film villains
> > > ever.
> >
> > And of course Fantasy Island.
>
> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> movies.

That has never stopped them from making movies that are knockoffs of TV
shows (like "The Fugitive" and "The Avengers"), and even of video games
("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider").

So movie producers sure get a lot of their "inspiration" from TV and
video games.

Here's a list of other movies based on TV shows:

-- Steven L.

Your Name

Mar 10, 2010, 12:09:30 AM3/10/10

"Brian Thorn" <btho...@suddenlink.net> wrote in message

I don't particularly like his music, but many of his music videos were
better than many movies made by Hollyweird. :-)

Your Name

Mar 10, 2010, 12:12:40 AM3/10/10

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:07:36 +1300, "Your Name" <your...@isp.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> >> movies.
> >
> >Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
> >back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is
actually
> >any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.
>
> How's that different than any other industry? The Oscars are voted
> upon by people in the movie industry. They vote for who they thought
> did the best work, which is a very different perspective than those of
> us who are only in the audience.

I never said it was any different. Awards shows are almost always about
being popular, "trendy", etc. rather than what's actually any good.

It's even worse here in New Zealand where we have about three celebrities
and one TV show ... Gee, what not a surprise "Shortland Street" soap wins
again. :-\

> Kinda like Anim absolutely hating the TOS-R CGI, because he's in the
> industry. Those of us who aren't seem to like TOS-R just fine (some
> more than others, but none as scornful of it as Anim.)
>
> If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.

People's?!?!?

Try "American's Choice Awards" ... as usual the other 95% or the planet
doesn't count. :-)

Your Name

Mar 10, 2010, 12:13:58 AM3/10/10

"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> > movies.
>
> That has never stopped them from making movies that are knockoffs of TV
> shows (like "The Fugitive" and "The Avengers"), and even of video games
> ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider").
>
> So movie producers sure get a lot of their "inspiration" from TV and
> video games.
>
> Here's a list of other movies based on TV shows:
>

> -- Steven L.

I think you meant: "Here's a list of the GOOD movies based on TV shows",
which is indeed an empty list. ;-)

Steven L.

Mar 10, 2010, 8:52:19 AM3/10/10

"Your Name" <your...@isp.com> wrote in message

I forgot to include the list. Sorry.

Actually, at least one good movie was based on a TV show: "The
Fugitive"

I won't bother listing all the bad ones.

-- Steven L.

Wiseguy

Mar 10, 2010, 11:25:37 AM3/10/10
"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlink.net> wrote in

A short, incomplete list (quality not necessary):

The Addams Family [also from comic]
Addams Family Values
The Chipmunk Adventure
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
The Avengers
Batman (1966)
Batman (1989) [also from comic]
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
The Brady Bunch Movie
A Very Brady Sequel
Car 54, Where Are You?
Charlie's Angels
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
House of Dark Shadows
Night of Dark Shadows
Dr. Who and the Daleks
Dr. Who: Daleks-Invasion Earth 2150 AD
Dragnet (1954)
Dragnet (1987)
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Fugitive
A Man Called Flintstone
The Flintstones
The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
The Nude Bomb (The Return of Maxwell Smart)
Get Smart
Hannah Montana: the Movie
The Honeymooners
Pufnstuf
I Spy
The Jetsons: The Movie
Josie & the Pussycats [also from comic]
Leave It to Beaver
The Lizzie McGuire Movie
Lost In Space
Maverick
McHale's Navy (1964)
McHale's Navy Joins the Air Force
McHale's Navy (1997)
Miami Vice
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Mission: impossible III
Head
The Mod Squad
And Now for Something Completely Different
Munster, Go Home!
Bean
The Muppet Movie
My Favorite Martian
The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
The Naked Gun 2-1/2: The Smell of Fear
Naked Gun 33-1/3: The Final Insult
The Powerpuff Girls Movie
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Saint [also from novels]
Scooby-Doo
Sergeant Bilko
Sex and the City
The Simpsons Movie
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek (2009)
Starsky and Hutch
S.W.A.T.
The New Three Stooges
The Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
The Untouchables
Wild Wild West
The X Files: Fight the Future

Wiseguy

Mar 10, 2010, 11:30:26 AM3/10/10
Wiseguy <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9D376A10DF91Aepwiseyahoocom@
69.16.185.252:

>> Actually, at least one good movie was based on a TV show: "The
>> Fugitive"
>>
>> I won't bother listing all the bad ones.
>>

>> -- Steven L.
>>

> A short, incomplete list (quality not necessary):
>

> The New Three Stooges

Oops, that was the other way around, TV shows from movies.

Wickeddoll

Mar 10, 2010, 12:56:00 PM3/10/10
On 3/8/2010 4:11 PM, Frosty wrote:
> -It's a shame that neither were there. A spokesman
> -from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
> -Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included. :(

> But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.

That's the first thing I thought of - Farrah's done a helluva lot more
acting than MJ. She actually took the time to learn how to act *well*

Natalie
--
"Wicked little doll, you are not human;
wicked little doll, you have no soul"

Wiseguy

Mar 10, 2010, 1:14:22 PM3/10/10
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote in news:hn81ci.3js.1
@news.evilcabal.org:

> On 3/8/2010 4:11 PM, Frosty wrote:
>> -It's a shame that neither were there. A spokesman
>> -from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
>> -Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included. :(
>>
>> But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.
>>

> That's the first thing I thought of - Farrah's done a helluva lot more
> acting than MJ. She actually took the time to learn how to act *well*
>
> Natalie

Apparently an actor who is primarily known (deservedly or not) as a TV
actor/performer (Farrah Fawcett, Bea Arthur, Henry Gibson) is less
important than a music star who has appeared in a movie.

Makes you wonder if Angela Lansbury will be featured in a Tony Awards
memoriam after "Murder, She Wrote."

Wickeddoll

Mar 10, 2010, 1:32:06 PM3/10/10

Yup - it's ridiculous!

I think any actor who has done at least one movie (bad or not) should be
mentioned at the Oscars. If the actor, like Lansbury, has done all
three, he/she should be honored on the Tonys, Emmys and Oscars. Actors
who think they can sing, but don't have any successful work, should
*not* be mentioned on the Grammys, though.

Your Name

Mar 10, 2010, 3:05:18 PM3/10/10

"Wiseguy" <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I forgot to include the list. Sorry.
> >
> > Actually, at least one good movie was based on a TV show: "The
> > Fugitive"
> >
> > I won't bother listing all the bad ones.

A VERY "incomplete" list (even ignoring direct-to-DVD movies) ... and even
more so when you include the up-coming unrecognisable rubbish flowing out of
Hollyweird's rear end. :-(

Wiseguy

Mar 10, 2010, 3:20:55 PM3/10/10
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote in news:FARln.27245$sx5.22080
@newsfe16.iad:

> I think any actor who has done at least one movie (bad or not) should
be
> mentioned at the Oscars. If the actor, like Lansbury, has done all
> three, he/she should be honored on the Tonys, Emmys and Oscars.
Actors
> who think they can sing, but don't have any successful work, should
> *not* be mentioned on the Grammys, though.
>
> Natalie

Singers like Telly Savalas? William Shatner?

I still have my "Laverne & Shirley Sing" album.
Not to mention the 2-disc Leonard Nimoy collection
"Outer Space/Inner Mind," featuring "Proud Mary," "Put a Little Love in
Your Heart," "Both Sides Now" and "If I Were a Carpenter."

Wickeddoll

Mar 10, 2010, 3:34:27 PM3/10/10
On 3/10/2010 12:20 PM, Wiseguy wrote:
> Wickeddoll

>> I think any actor who has done at least one movie (bad or not) should
> be
>> mentioned at the Oscars. If the actor, like Lansbury, has done all
>> three, he/she should be honored on the Tonys, Emmys and Oscars.
> Actors
>> who think they can sing, but don't have any successful work, should
>> *not* be mentioned on the Grammys, though.
>>
>> Natalie
>
> Singers like Telly Savalas? William Shatner?
>
> I still have my "Laverne& Shirley Sing" album.

> Not to mention the 2-disc Leonard Nimoy collection
> "Outer Space/Inner Mind," featuring "Proud Mary," "Put a Little Love in
> Your Heart," "Both Sides Now" and "If I Were a Carpenter."

Nimoy actually has a pretty decent voice, but no, he's no "real" singer.
But these days, hardly anyone is. Did you know there is a recording
program called "AutoTune" that corrects wrong notes the "singer" hits
during sessions?! That's not talent, that's special effects!

The ones who can still sound good LIVE are the true artists, IMO.
Lip-synching phonies like Twitney are all flash and trash.

Wiseguy

Mar 10, 2010, 6:19:59 PM3/10/10
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote in news:hn8alk.g0.1
@news.evilcabal.org:

I sound pretty good in the shower, myself. I even use special effects
basically from eating too much beans.

Your Name

Mar 10, 2010, 7:21:06 PM3/10/10
In article <Xns9D3791F5BD0F...@69.16.185.252>, Wiseguy
<epw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Don't forget David Hasselhoff. :-)

Then of course there's all those singers who think they can act, like
Britney Spears.

Then there's those who think they can do everything: act, sing, write,
direct, produce, run their own company, etc. :-\

Wickeddoll

Mar 10, 2010, 9:29:51 PM3/10/10
On 3/10/2010 4:21 PM, Your Name wrote:
Wiseguy
wrote:

>> Wickeddoll

>>> I think any actor who has done at least one movie (bad or not) should
>> be
>>> mentioned at the Oscars. If the actor, like Lansbury, has done all
>>> three, he/she should be honored on the Tonys, Emmys and Oscars.
>> Actors
>>> who think they can sing, but don't have any successful work, should
>>> *not* be mentioned on the Grammys, though.
>>>
>>> Natalie
>>
>> Singers like Telly Savalas? William Shatner?
>>
>> I still have my "Laverne& Shirley Sing" album.

>> Not to mention the 2-disc Leonard Nimoy collection
>> "Outer Space/Inner Mind," featuring "Proud Mary," "Put a Little Love in
>> Your Heart," "Both Sides Now" and "If I Were a Carpenter."
>
> Don't forget David Hasselhoff. :-)
>
> Then of course there's all those singers who think they can act, like
> Britney Spears.

She's not a singer. She's a pop star. BIG difference. If you have the
right look, use AutoTune, and have the right promotion, you're a star.
Even when you don't deserve it.

> Then there's those who think they can do everything: act, sing, write,
> direct, produce, run their own company, etc. :-\

And often can't do any of those things properly.

Wickeddoll

Mar 10, 2010, 9:30:31 PM3/10/10

What is it with you men and farts?!

Your Name

Mar 11, 2010, 12:15:26 AM3/11/10

"Wickeddoll" <n...@chance.dude> wrote in message

> On 3/10/2010 4:21 PM, Your Name wrote:
> Wiseguy
> wrote:
> >> Wickeddoll

> >> be
> >> Actors

> >> Singers like Telly Savalas? William Shatner?
> >>
> >> I still have my "Laverne& Shirley Sing" album.
> >> Not to mention the 2-disc Leonard Nimoy collection
> >> "Outer Space/Inner Mind," featuring "Proud Mary," "Put a Little Love in
> >> Your Heart," "Both Sides Now" and "If I Were a Carpenter."
> >
> > Don't forget David Hasselhoff. :-)
> >
> > Then of course there's all those singers who think they can act, like
> > Britney Spears.
>
> She's not a singer. She's a pop star. BIG difference. If you have the
> right look, use AutoTune, and have the right promotion, you're a star.
> Even when you don't deserve it.

She's not even a "pop star". After about three sugary tunes she went weirdo
and then fell into the usal child star booze / drugs / tamper tantrums hole.
She should be thankful she's (possibly) getting better and just get out of
show business entirely.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2010, 10:28:28 AM3/11/10
In article <hn8vg0...@news.evilcabal.org>,
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

Did someone mention Alicia Silverstone?

Anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2010, 10:28:45 AM3/11/10
In article <hn8vh8...@news.evilcabal.org>,
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

They smell better than Alicia Silverstone.

Wickeddoll

Mar 11, 2010, 2:06:55 PM3/11/10

DAYUM dood.

I think she's a pretty good actress, (we must never speak of "Batman and
Robin"; just a bad movie all around) - I didn't catch her trying any of
the other stuff mentioned.

ToolPackinMama

Mar 11, 2010, 8:33:24 PM3/11/10
On 3/8/2010 2:47 PM, ri...@aol.com wrote:

> The big story is Farrah Fawcett not getting on the Oscars "In
> Memorium" segment, but Ricardo Montalban is a bigger surprise.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2010, 10:33:35 PM3/11/10
In article <hnapti...@news.evilcabal.org>,
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

She's one of these people that brags about how smart she is 'cause she
has a production deal, which as pointed out above is meaningless as a
measure of smartitude.

Wickeddoll

Mar 11, 2010, 11:34:07 PM3/11/10

I heard she's an uber-vegan too. Probably won't eat anything that's
plucked from a tree/vine/plant - it has to *fall* to the ground.

(stole that scenario from "Notting Hill")

Anim8rFSK

Mar 12, 2010, 9:18:49 AM3/12/10
In article <hnbr52...@news.evilcabal.org>,
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

She was on Leno, talking about how dogs and cats are vegetarians too,
and you shouldn't feed them dog and cat food, because it's made from
ground up doggies and kitties. She really shouldn't be allowed to own
pets, given the way she's mistreating them.

Wickeddoll

Mar 12, 2010, 2:51:59 PM3/12/10
On 3/12/2010 6:18 AM, Anim8rFSK wrote:

Oh. My. God.

They're carnivores!!!

Your Name

Mar 12, 2010, 3:21:19 PM3/12/10

"Wickeddoll" <n...@chance.dude> wrote in message

Yes and no. Veges are good for dogs, plus you can get all sorts of doggie
treats that are shaped and taste of veges.

Our dog is mostly a "vegetarian" at the moment (because of allergy issues
the vet wants to rule out) and she loves them. She eats them all up, where
as she would only pick at dog biscuits and dog food, and wasn't that
interested in normal chicken, etc.

Wickeddoll

Mar 12, 2010, 3:36:38 PM3/12/10
On 3/12/2010 12:21 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Wickeddoll"<n...@chance.dude> wrote in message
>> On 3/12/2010 6:18 AM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
>>>
>>> She was on Leno, talking about how dogs and cats are vegetarians too,
>>> and you shouldn't feed them dog and cat food, because it's made from
>>> ground up doggies and kitties. She really shouldn't be allowed to own
>>> pets, given the way she's mistreating them.
>>
>> Oh. My. God.
>>
>> They're carnivores!!!
>
> Yes and no. Veges are good for dogs, plus you can get all sorts of doggie
> treats that are shaped and taste of veges.
>
> Our dog is mostly a "vegetarian" at the moment (because of allergy issues
> the vet wants to rule out) and she loves them. She eats them all up, where
> as she would only pick at dog biscuits and dog food, and wasn't that
> interested in normal chicken, etc.

Okies - been a while since I've owned a dog. I'm more of a cat person.

I knew they liked veggies, but was under the impression their primary
diet is meat.

Out on the loose, don't you think a dog or cat would be more likely to
attack a mammal, than a shrub?

:-D

Your Name

Mar 12, 2010, 5:51:46 PM3/12/10
In article <hndjho...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude>
wrote:

> On 3/12/2010 12:21 PM, Your Name wrote:

> >> Oh. My. God.
> >>
> >> They're carnivores!!!
> >
> > Yes and no. Veges are good for dogs, plus you can get all sorts of doggie
> > treats that are shaped and taste of veges.
> >
> > Our dog is mostly a "vegetarian" at the moment (because of allergy issues
> > the vet wants to rule out) and she loves them. She eats them all up, where
> > as she would only pick at dog biscuits and dog food, and wasn't that
> > interested in normal chicken, etc.
>
> Okies - been a while since I've owned a dog. I'm more of a cat person.
>
> I knew they liked veggies, but was under the impression their primary
> diet is meat.
>
> Out on the loose, don't you think a dog or cat would be more likely to
> attack a mammal, than a shrub?
>
> :-D

Technically meat is of course the primary food for dogs and cats, but they
tend to be more scavengers than carnivores and will eat almost anything
they can get, especially if they are stray animals.

I meant to say before that a lot of cat and dog food these days contains
veges: peas, corn, beans, etc. rather than just "mystery meat" and "goo".

As well as veges, things like cheese, yoghurt, some fruits like apple,
etc. (ice cream for a treat) can be good for dogs and cats too, unless
obviously they have diary intolerances.

Just like most things, as long as you use common sense (don't feed the
animal a constant diet of just carrot) and stay away from the dangerous
stuff (like chocolate or chicken bones), then it's usually good for them
(there are dogs I know who have by accident eaten lots of chocolate with
no ill effects, but it's not recommended). Something like a raw carrot can
be good for their teeth.

Our dog will happily eat almost any fruit or vegetable and purposely digs
them out of the mixed bowl leaving behind all the dog biscuits (of various
types). It hates banana though and back away from even just the smell of
it. :-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 12, 2010, 6:18:46 PM3/12/10
Wickeddoll
Anim8rFSK wrote:

>>> Yes and no. Veges are good for dogs, plus you can get all sorts of doggie
>>> treats that are shaped and taste of veges.
>>>
>>> Our dog is mostly a "vegetarian" at the moment (because of allergy issues
>>> the vet wants to rule out) and she loves them. She eats them all up, where
>>> as she would only pick at dog biscuits and dog food, and wasn't that
>>> interested in normal chicken, etc.
>>
>> Okies - been a while since I've owned a dog. I'm more of a cat person.
>>
>> I knew they liked veggies, but was under the impression their primary
>> diet is meat.
>>
>> Out on the loose, don't you think a dog or cat would be more likely to
>> attack a mammal, than a shrub?
>>
>> :-D
>
> Technically meat is of course the primary food for dogs and cats, but they
> tend to be more scavengers than carnivores and will eat almost anything
> they can get, especially if they are stray animals.

OK

> I meant to say before that a lot of cat and dog food these days contains
> veges: peas, corn, beans, etc. rather than just "mystery meat" and "goo".

Yeah, I've noticed that in the ads.

> As well as veges, things like cheese, yoghurt, some fruits like apple,
> etc. (ice cream for a treat) can be good for dogs and cats too, unless
> obviously they have diary intolerances.

Friends of mine buy doggie ice cream, because I guess the real thing can
be really bad for them? They also make (from scratch) doggie cookies.
Those things smell awful!

> Just like most things, as long as you use common sense (don't feed the
> animal a constant diet of just carrot) and stay away from the dangerous
> stuff (like chocolate or chicken bones), then it's usually good for them
> (there are dogs I know who have by accident eaten lots of chocolate with
> no ill effects, but it's not recommended). Something like a raw carrot can
> be good for their teeth.

Bugs Bowser...

> Our dog will happily eat almost any fruit or vegetable and purposely digs
> them out of the mixed bowl leaving behind all the dog biscuits (of various
> types). It hates banana though and back away from even just the smell of
> it. :-)

A creature who licks his own balls turns up his nose at bananas? Gotcha.

:-P

Your Name

Mar 12, 2010, 7:10:30 PM3/12/10
In article <hndt1o...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude>
wrote:

You can even buy doggy treats that are shapped (as well as presumably
taste) like vegetables: carrots, celery, etc. I can't remember what
they're called, something like "Vegibles".

> > As well as veges, things like cheese, yoghurt, some fruits like apple,
> > etc. (ice cream for a treat) can be good for dogs and cats too, unless
> > obviously they have diary intolerances.
>
> Friends of mine buy doggie ice cream, because I guess the real thing can
> be really bad for them? They also make (from scratch) doggie cookies.
> Those things smell awful!

Yep. Many home-made doggie biscuits recipes contain peanut butter, which
makes an awful stink. We have made them once or twice in the past.

> > Just like most things, as long as you use common sense (don't feed the
> > animal a constant diet of just carrot) and stay away from the dangerous
> > stuff (like chocolate or chicken bones), then it's usually good for them
> > (there are dogs I know who have by accident eaten lots of chocolate with
> > no ill effects, but it's not recommended). Something like a raw carrot can
> > be good for their teeth.
>
> Bugs Bowser...
>

> > Our dog will happily eat almost any fruit or vegetable and purposely digs
> > them out of the mixed bowl leaving behind all the dog biscuits (of various
> > types). It hates banana though and back away from even just the smell of
> > it. :-)
>
> A creature who licks his own balls turns up his nose at bananas? Gotcha.
>
> :-P

Our dog is a she. :-)

She also steals bread thrown out for the birds, and sometimes eats grass,
shells and stones from the garden.

Wickeddoll

Mar 12, 2010, 7:29:05 PM3/12/10

It's things like this that make terrorists hate us - our dogs are
treated better than many humans are...

>>> As well as veges, things like cheese, yoghurt, some fruits like apple,
>>> etc. (ice cream for a treat) can be good for dogs and cats too, unless
>>> obviously they have diary intolerances.
>>
>> Friends of mine buy doggie ice cream, because I guess the real thing can
>> be really bad for them? They also make (from scratch) doggie cookies.
>> Those things smell awful!
>
> Yep. Many home-made doggie biscuits recipes contain peanut butter, which
> makes an awful stink. We have made them once or twice in the past.

Gawd, don't tell me you're as bad as my friends?! Please tell me you
don't have doggie birthday parties.

>>> Just like most things, as long as you use common sense (don't feed the
>>> animal a constant diet of just carrot) and stay away from the dangerous
>>> stuff (like chocolate or chicken bones), then it's usually good for them
>>> (there are dogs I know who have by accident eaten lots of chocolate with
>>> no ill effects, but it's not recommended). Something like a raw carrot can
>>> be good for their teeth.
>>
>> Bugs Bowser...
>>

>>> Our dog will happily eat almost any fruit or vegetable and purposely digs
>>> them out of the mixed bowl leaving behind all the dog biscuits (of various
>>> types). It hates banana though and back away from even just the smell of
>>> it. :-)
>>
>> A creature who licks his own balls turns up his nose at bananas? Gotcha.
>>
>> :-P
>
> Our dog is a she. :-)

Then she licks her own twat...

> She also steals bread thrown out for the birds, and sometimes eats grass,
> shells and stones from the garden.

A reincarnation of a 1960s Berkley student. She have rainbow-colored hair?

Your Name

Mar 12, 2010, 9:07:00 PM3/12/10
In article <hne15j...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude>
wrote:

> >> Yeah, I've noticed that in the ads.
> >
> > You can even buy doggy treats that are shapped (as well as presumably
> > taste) like vegetables: carrots, celery, etc. I can't remember what
> > they're called, something like "Vegibles".
>
> It's things like this that make terrorists hate us - our dogs are
> treated better than many humans are...

Dogs (or any animal) DESERVE to be treated better than many humans,
especially terrorists. :-(

I just got a packet out of the cupbaord. They're called "Pegetables" (made
in tthe USA) and come in carrot, baby-corn and celery shapes / flavours.
From the back of the pack:

Celery: Helps maintain a healthy heart, immune system, liver
urinary tract, and joints.

Corn: Can help appearance of coat. Supports the immune
system, digestive system, and heart.

Carrot: Helps maintain good vision. Can provide nutrients
necessary for energy.

Pegetables - dogs dig 'em
http://www.pegetables.com

:-)

> >> Friends of mine buy doggie ice cream, because I guess the real thing can
> >> be really bad for them? They also make (from scratch) doggie cookies.
> >> Those things smell awful!
> >
> > Yep. Many home-made doggie biscuits recipes contain peanut butter, which
> > makes an awful stink. We have made them once or twice in the past.
> >

> Gawd, don't tell me you're as bad as my friends?! Please tell me you
> don't have doggie birthday parties.

Nope, no doggie parties here ... but birthday / Christmas presents are
sent to my Uncle in England, not by me, which are "from the dog" (he's
always wanted a dog, but can't have one where they live in London). :-)

> > She also steals bread thrown out for the birds, and sometimes eats grass,
> > shells and stones from the garden.
>
> A reincarnation of a 1960s Berkley student. She have rainbow-colored hair?

Nope, she's a blonde (well white really) ... sometimes literally "blonde".
She can be extremely clever and learn quickly, but she can also be
extremely dumb at times.

She's some sort of poodle-crossbreed ... one of the many new breeds around
: Spoodle, Labradoodle, Cockerpoo, etc. There's oodles of "oodles". ;-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 12, 2010, 10:20:26 PM3/12/10
On 3/12/2010 6:07 PM, Your Name wrote:
Wickeddoll
> wrote:

>>> You can even buy doggy treats that are shapped (as well as presumably
>>> taste) like vegetables: carrots, celery, etc. I can't remember what
>>> they're called, something like "Vegibles".
>>
>> It's things like this that make terrorists hate us - our dogs are
>> treated better than many humans are...
>
> Dogs (or any animal) DESERVE to be treated better than many humans,
> especially terrorists. :-(

Sometimes, sure, but I'm sorry - seeing dog hair salons, hotels,
boutiques, etc., just piss me off. If you have that much money to
spend, donate it to help innocent humans, who do not deserve to suffer.

> I just got a packet out of the cupbaord. They're called "Pegetables" (made
> in tthe USA) and come in carrot, baby-corn and celery shapes / flavours.
> From the back of the pack:
>
> Celery: Helps maintain a healthy heart, immune system, liver
> urinary tract, and joints.
>
> Corn: Can help appearance of coat. Supports the immune
> system, digestive system, and heart.
>
> Carrot: Helps maintain good vision. Can provide nutrients
> necessary for energy.
>
> Pegetables - dogs dig 'em
> http://www.pegetables.com
>
> :-)

Oh I believe you about veggies being good for pets. No argument there.
What I had trouble with was believing a dog or cat would prefer plants
over meat.

>>> Yep. Many home-made doggie biscuits recipes contain peanut butter, which
>>> makes an awful stink. We have made them once or twice in the past.
>>>

>> Gawd, don't tell me you're as bad as my friends?! Please tell me you
>> don't have doggie birthday parties.
>
> Nope, no doggie parties here ... but birthday / Christmas presents are
> sent to my Uncle in England, not by me, which are "from the dog" (he's
> always wanted a dog, but can't have one where they live in London). :-)

Getting the dog a toy or something at Christmas, Hanukkah, etc., doesn't
bother me at all, and I guess barf-days are OK as well. I just mean the
more elaborate (and ridiculously expensive) shit is outrageous. I love
it when "power couples" insist they don't want children, yet they
anthropomorphize the critter. SHEESH But I gotta admit, the cats and
dogs are way easier to deal with LOL

>>> She also steals bread thrown out for the birds, and sometimes eats grass,
>>> shells and stones from the garden.
>>
>> A reincarnation of a 1960s Berkley student. She have rainbow-colored hair?
>
> Nope, she's a blonde (well white really) ... sometimes literally "blonde".
> She can be extremely clever and learn quickly, but she can also be
> extremely dumb at times.
>
> She's some sort of poodle-crossbreed ... one of the many new breeds around
> : Spoodle, Labradoodle, Cockerpoo, etc. There's oodles of "oodles". ;-)

Actually, the term is "mutt" - the best kind of dog in the world.

;-)

Your Name

Mar 13, 2010, 12:29:12 AM3/13/10

> On 3/12/2010 6:07 PM, Your Name wrote:
> Wickeddoll
> > wrote:

> >> It's things like this that make terrorists hate us - our dogs are
> >> treated better than many humans are...
> >
> > Dogs (or any animal) DESERVE to be treated better than many humans,
> > especially terrorists. :-(
>
> Sometimes, sure, but I'm sorry - seeing dog hair salons, hotels,
> boutiques, etc., just piss me off. If you have that much money to
> spend, donate it to help innocent humans, who do not deserve to suffer.

"Hair salons" in the sense of bathing and trimming the coats I can
understand, but when it goes over-the top and the silly dressing up that I
can't stand, plus the bimbos like Paris Hilton who think a dog should live
in a handbag as a fashion accessory. :-\

> >> Gawd, don't tell me you're as bad as my friends?! Please tell me you
> >> don't have doggie birthday parties.
> >
> > Nope, no doggie parties here ... but birthday / Christmas presents are
> > sent to my Uncle in England, not by me, which are "from the dog" (he's
> > always wanted a dog, but can't have one where they live in London).
:-)

> Getting the dog a toy or something at Christmas, Hanukkah, etc., doesn't
> bother me at all, and I guess barf-days are OK as well. I just mean the
> more elaborate (and ridiculously expensive) shit is outrageous. I love
> it when "power couples" insist they don't want children, yet they
> anthropomorphize the critter. SHEESH But I gotta admit, the cats and
> dogs are way easier to deal with LOL

It's the other way around - the dog "buys" a present for my Uncle. :-)
Although come to think of it, I think the dog might get Christmas present as
well.

> >> A reincarnation of a 1960s Berkley student. She have rainbow-colored
hair?

> > Nope, she's a blonde (well white really) ... sometimes literally
"blonde".
> > She can be extremely clever and learn quickly, but she can also be
> > extremely dumb at times.
> >
> > She's some sort of poodle-crossbreed ... one of the many new breeds
around:
> > Spoodle, Labradoodle, Cockerpoo, etc. There's oodles of "oodles". ;-)
>
> Actually, the term is "mutt" - the best kind of dog in the world.
>
> ;-)

Mutt is Indiana Jones' son. ;-)

The "oodles" are now registered breeds in their own right, although I think
ours is still a "bitsa" rather than a pure-bred.

Wickeddoll

Mar 13, 2010, 12:48:22 AM3/13/10
On 3/12/2010 9:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Wickeddoll"

> contains
> "goo".

>>> Dogs (or any animal) DESERVE to be treated better than many humans,
>>> especially terrorists. :-(
>>
>> Sometimes, sure, but I'm sorry - seeing dog hair salons, hotels,
>> boutiques, etc., just piss me off. If you have that much money to
>> spend, donate it to help innocent humans, who do not deserve to suffer.
>
> "Hair salons" in the sense of bathing and trimming the coats I can
> understand, but when it goes over-the top and the silly dressing up that I
> can't stand, plus the bimbos like Paris Hilton who think a dog should live
> in a handbag as a fashion accessory. :-\

Groomers don't usually call themselves salons, so I think we're on the
same page there. As for twits like Paris, live creatures have been a
fashion accessory since Jolie started adopting third world kids. The
Haitian refugee kids are all the rage these days. Chilean victims will
probably be next.

:-P

>>> Nope, no doggie parties here ... but birthday / Christmas presents are
>>> sent to my Uncle in England, not by me, which are "from the dog" (he's
>>> always wanted a dog, but can't have one where they live in London).
> :-)
>>
>> Getting the dog a toy or something at Christmas, Hanukkah, etc., doesn't
>> bother me at all, and I guess barf-days are OK as well. I just mean the
>> more elaborate (and ridiculously expensive) shit is outrageous. I love
>> it when "power couples" insist they don't want children, yet they
>> anthropomorphize the critter. SHEESH But I gotta admit, the cats and
>> dogs are way easier to deal with LOL
>
> It's the other way around - the dog "buys" a present for my Uncle. :-)
> Although come to think of it, I think the dog might get Christmas present as
> well.

Ah - misunderstood on the uncle thing.

> grass,

> hair?
>>>
>>> Nope, she's a blonde (well white really) ... sometimes literally
> "blonde".
>>> She can be extremely clever and learn quickly, but she can also be
>>> extremely dumb at times.
>>>
>>> She's some sort of poodle-crossbreed ... one of the many new breeds
> around:
>>> Spoodle, Labradoodle, Cockerpoo, etc. There's oodles of "oodles". ;-)
>>
>> Actually, the term is "mutt" - the best kind of dog in the world.
>>
>> ;-)
>
> Mutt is Indiana Jones' son. ;-)

Gawd, don't remind me of that annoying twerp.

> The "oodles" are now registered breeds in their own right, although I think
> ours is still a "bitsa" rather than a pure-bred.

hehehe - variety is the spice of life...and pets.

:-D

Wiseguy

Mar 13, 2010, 7:05:06 AM3/13/10
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 13, 2010, 11:02:59 AM3/13/10
In article <Xns9D3A3DE59BCF...@69.16.185.252>,
Wiseguy <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Brocolli farts.

Wiseguy

Mar 13, 2010, 11:43:03 AM3/13/10
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in news:ANIM8Rfsk-
797218.090...@news.dc1.easynews.com:

> In article <Xns9D3A3DE59BCF...@69.16.185.252>,
> Wiseguy <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in

>> > They smell better than Alicia Silverstone.
>> >

>> I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.
>
> Brocolli farts.

Refried beans: Instant farts.

Wickeddoll

Mar 13, 2010, 1:32:32 PM3/13/10
On 3/13/2010 8:43 AM, Wiseguy wrote:
ANIM8Rfsk-

>>> I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.
>>
>> Brocolli farts.
>>

> Refried beans: Instant farts.

*sigh*

Your Name

Mar 13, 2010, 3:30:24 PM3/13/10

> On 3/12/2010 9:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
> > "Wickeddoll"
> >>
> >> Sometimes, sure, but I'm sorry - seeing dog hair salons, hotels,
> >> boutiques, etc., just piss me off. If you have that much money to
> >> spend, donate it to help innocent humans, who do not deserve to suffer.
> >
> > "Hair salons" in the sense of bathing and trimming the coats I can
> > understand, but when it goes over-the top and the silly dressing up
that I
> > can't stand, plus the bimbos like Paris Hilton who think a dog should
live
> > in a handbag as a fashion accessory. :-\
>
> Groomers don't usually call themselves salons, so I think we're on the
> same page there. As for twits like Paris, live creatures have been a
> fashion accessory since Jolie started adopting third world kids. The
> Haitian refugee kids are all the rage these days. Chilean victims will
> probably be next.
>
> :-P

Madonna is probably the originator (or at least the one who made it "cool")
of that particular "fashion accessory". :-(

> >> Actually, the term is "mutt" - the best kind of dog in the world.
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >
> > Mutt is Indiana Jones' son. ;-)
>
> Gawd, don't remind me of that annoying twerp.

They're currently working on the next Indy movie (at the ideas stage), but I
don't know if Jones Jnr Jnr will be in it or not. They kind-of set him up to
take over the role and then apparently changed their minds.

Wickeddoll

Mar 13, 2010, 4:51:34 PM3/13/10
On 3/13/2010 12:30 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>> "Wickeddoll"

>>> "Hair salons" in the sense of bathing and trimming the coats I can
>>> understand, but when it goes over-the top and the silly dressing up
> that I
>>> can't stand, plus the bimbos like Paris Hilton who think a dog should
> live
>>> in a handbag as a fashion accessory. :-\
>>
>> Groomers don't usually call themselves salons, so I think we're on the
>> same page there. As for twits like Paris, live creatures have been a
>> fashion accessory since Jolie started adopting third world kids. The
>> Haitian refugee kids are all the rage these days. Chilean victims will
>> probably be next.
>>
>> :-P
>
> Madonna is probably the originator (or at least the one who made it "cool")
> of that particular "fashion accessory". :-(

Nope - it was Jolie. Madonna started doing that afterward. Jolie's
adoptees are way older than Mad-Donna's

>>> Mutt is Indiana Jones' son. ;-)
>>
>> Gawd, don't remind me of that annoying twerp.
>
> They're currently working on the next Indy movie (at the ideas stage), but I
> don't know if Jones Jnr Jnr will be in it or not. They kind-of set him up to
> take over the role and then apparently changed their minds.

Smart move!

That's Henry Jones the III, BTW.

Wiseguy

Mar 13, 2010, 6:05:19 PM3/13/10
Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote in news:hng0l3.4nk.1
@news.evilcabal.org:

> On 3/13/2010 8:43 AM, Wiseguy wrote:
> ANIM8Rfsk-

>>> Brocolli farts.
>>>

>> Refried beans: Instant farts.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Natalie

Fart facts:

Men on average pass gas 12 times a day.

Women on average pass gas 7 times a day

The most recommended anti- flatulent remedy, is charcoal tablets.

Men pass on average pass a quart of gas a day in farts..

Pumpernickel, the dark-grain bread, means "goblin that breaks wind" in
Old German

Chewing gum makes you swallow air which makes you fart more.

A man invented a fart cushion made of charcoal, called the Tooter
Trapper, .The air filter, which you sit on, eliminates fart odors .

A tribe of Arabian Bedouins created a language of arcane codes and
warnings through a series of farts.

Farts consist of three-fifths nitrogen, one-fifth hydrogen, one-tenth
carbon dioxide, and small amounts of methane and oxygen

Farts have a temperature of 98.6.

Women fart less than men, but their gas is more concentrated.

There is a website called farts.com where you can hear actual farts.

Farts burn with a blue or yellow flame and a blue flame means there is
methane in the fart.

Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second.

The gas that makes your farts stink is hydrogen sulfide. The more
sulfur rich your diet, the more your farts will stink. Some foods that
cause really smelly farts include: beans, cabbage, cheese, soda and
eggs.

People fart even shortly after death

Termite farts are believed to be a major contributor to global warming.

The word fart comes from the Old High German ferzan to break wind

The medical word for a fart is flatus .

Farts are actually gas bubbles produced in the colon by the action of
bacteria on food.

Martin Luther boasted he could 'drive away the evil spirit with a single
fart.

The farts from cows contain enough methane to cause a greenhouse effect
and help speed up global warming.

In 1976 a man's colon exploded when his farts met the surgeon's heated
loop. He died immediately.

The Roman Emperor Claudius believed people should fart when they wanted,
even at parties, and issued an edict allowing farting at parties.

Some public bathrooms in Japan have wall-mounted buttons you push. This
emits a loud flushing noise and covers the noise of a fart

Beans cause farts because they contain sugars that we cannot digest.

Beans, Beans
The magical Fruit.
The more you eat
The more you toot.
The more you toot
The better you feel.
Let's eat beans for every meal!

Your Name

Mar 13, 2010, 6:10:42 PM3/13/10

Nope. Henry Jones Jnr^2 ;-)

In fact, the new movie has Mutt going back in time and it turns out he is
his own grandfather, so Henry Jones Jnr^2 = Henry Jones. ;-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 13, 2010, 6:16:19 PM3/13/10
On 3/13/2010 3:10 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>> They're currently working on the next Indy movie (at the ideas stage), but I
>>> don't know if Jones Jnr Jnr will be in it or not. They kind-of set him up to
>>> take over the role and then apparently changed their minds.
>>
>> Smart move!
>>
>> That's Henry Jones the III, BTW.
>>
>> :-D
>
> Nope. Henry Jones Jnr^2 ;-)

um...that's just um...wrong.

> In fact, the new movie has Mutt going back in time and it turns out he is
> his own grandfather, so Henry Jones Jnr^2 = Henry Jones. ;-)

That's even more wrong!

"Temporal mechanics give me a headache" - Captain Janeway, Star Trek Voyager

Your Name

Mar 13, 2010, 10:09:11 PM3/13/10
In article <hngh8...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

> >> Smart move!
> >>
> >> That's Henry Jones the III, BTW.
> >>
> >> :-D
> >
> > Nope. Henry Jones Jnr^2 ;-)
>
> um...that's just um...wrong.

If you follow Hollyweird's way of re-naming the original when a new
versions steals its name, then you should get:

Henry Jones Snr
Henry Jones ("Indiana" Jones)
Henry Jones Jnr

> > In fact, the new movie has Mutt going back in time and it turns out he is
> > his own grandfather, so Henry Jones Jnr^2 = Henry Jones. ;-)
>
> That's even more wrong!
>
> "Temporal mechanics give me a headache" - Captain Janeway, Star Trek Voyager

Stay well away from Lost - that TV show has become a confused mess thanks
to making it about time travel. :-(

Wickeddoll

Mar 13, 2010, 10:18:30 PM3/13/10
On 3/13/2010 7:09 PM, Your Name wrote:
Your Name wrote:
> stage), but I
> him up to

>>> Nope. Henry Jones Jnr^2 ;-)
>>
>> um...that's just um...wrong.
>
> If you follow Hollyweird's way of re-naming the original when a new
> versions steals its name, then you should get:
>
> Henry Jones Snr
> Henry Jones ("Indiana" Jones)
> Henry Jones Jnr

But Indy's dad called him "Junior" in "Last Crusade"

>>> In fact, the new movie has Mutt going back in time and it turns out he is
>>> his own grandfather, so Henry Jones Jnr^2 = Henry Jones. ;-)
>>
>> That's even more wrong!
>>
>> "Temporal mechanics give me a headache" - Captain Janeway, Star Trek Voyager
>
> Stay well away from Lost - that TV show has become a confused mess thanks
> to making it about time travel. :-(

I'm hooked on that crazy show.

Your Name

Mar 13, 2010, 11:49:20 PM3/13/10

> > stage), but I
> > him up to

> >> um...that's just um...wrong.
> >
> > If you follow Hollyweird's way of re-naming the original when a new
> > versions steals its name, then you should get:
> >
> > Henry Jones Snr
> > Henry Jones ("Indiana" Jones)
> > Henry Jones Jnr
>
> But Indy's dad called him "Junior" in "Last Crusade"

Ah, but that was before they knew about Mutt, who is then the most-Junior of
the Jones clan. :-)

> >> That's even more wrong!
> >>
> >> "Temporal mechanics give me a headache" - Captain Janeway, Star Trek
Voyager

> > Stay well away from Lost - that TV show has become a confused mess
thanks
> > to making it about time travel. :-(
>
> I'm hooked on that crazy show.

I gave up on it and haven't bothered watching this final season at all. It
is and has been in a silly timeslot for the last few seasons which means I
missed half the episode anyway. The fools in chrage of scheduling here in
New Zealand play a new show in the 8:30pm timeslot, and then after a season
or two move it off into a later timeslot (or drop it entirely).

Wickeddoll

Mar 14, 2010, 12:14:57 AM3/14/10
On 3/13/2010 8:49 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>> stage), but I
>>> him up to

>>> If you follow Hollyweird's way of re-naming the original when a new
>>> versions steals its name, then you should get:
>>>
>>> Henry Jones Snr
>>> Henry Jones ("Indiana" Jones)
>>> Henry Jones Jnr
>>
>> But Indy's dad called him "Junior" in "Last Crusade"
>
> Ah, but that was before they knew about Mutt, who is then the most-Junior of
> the Jones clan. :-)

I really don't think that's how it works - at least not in the U.S.
First one with the name has no suffix, his son has Junior, his grandson
is the third, and so on. It doesn't mean whomever is the youngest with
that name, I'm fairly certain.

> is

> Voyager
>>>
>>> Stay well away from Lost - that TV show has become a confused mess
> thanks
>>> to making it about time travel. :-(
>>
>> I'm hooked on that crazy show.
>
> I gave up on it and haven't bothered watching this final season at all. It
> is and has been in a silly timeslot for the last few seasons which means I
> missed half the episode anyway. The fools in chrage of scheduling here in
> New Zealand play a new show in the 8:30pm timeslot, and then after a season
> or two move it off into a later timeslot (or drop it entirely).

S3 was utter shit, but it rebounded nicely, IMO. I hate the time-travel
shit too, because it takes the drama out of deaths, when you know
they're alive in another reality (something else that was added -
alternate realities.

Your Name

Mar 14, 2010, 1:01:42 AM3/14/10

"Wickeddoll" <n...@chance.dude> wrote in message

Yep, I know that's. I was joking by using Hollyweird's total disregard for
the original by re-naming it things like "Classic" when the do a silly
remake re-using the same name.

> >> I'm hooked on that crazy show.
> >
> > I gave up on it and haven't bothered watching this final season at all.
It
> > is and has been in a silly timeslot for the last few seasons which means
> > missed half the episode anyway. The fools in chrage of scheduling here
in
> > New Zealand play a new show in the 8:30pm timeslot, and then after a
season
> > or two move it off into a later timeslot (or drop it entirely).
>
> S3 was utter shit, but it rebounded nicely, IMO. I hate the time-travel
> shit too, because it takes the drama out of deaths, when you know
> they're alive in another reality (something else that was added -
> alternate realities.

About the only show that does time travel sensibly is Doctor Who, but that's
because they rarely try to make it overly serious or overly complicated. One
of the few exceptions was the episode where Rose went back to see her
father.

Brad Filippone

Mar 14, 2010, 12:12:53 PM3/14/10
On Mar 9, 7:22 pm, Brian Thorn <bthor...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:07:36 +1300, "Your Name" <your.n...@isp.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> These are points AGAINST both of them; the Oscar is only concerned with
> >> movies.
>
> >Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
> >back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is actually
> >any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.
>
> How's that different than any other industry? The Oscars are voted
> upon by people in the movie industry. They vote for who they thought
> did the best work, which is a very different perspective than those of
> us who are only in the audience.
>
> Kinda like Anim absolutely hating the TOS-R CGI, because he's in the
> industry. Those of us who aren't seem to like TOS-R just fine (some
> more than others, but none as scornful of it as Anim.)
>
> If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.
>
> Brian

I've always felt that the People's Choice Awards are the pointless
ones. The people already made their choices. It's called "box
office."

Brad

Brad Filippone

Mar 14, 2010, 12:18:45 PM3/14/10
On Mar 10, 3:14 pm, Wiseguy <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote in news:hn81ci.3js.1
> @news.evilcabal.org:
>
> > On 3/8/2010 4:11 PM, Frosty wrote:
> >> -It's a shame that neither were there.  A spokesman
> >> -from the Academy, in response to leaving out Farrah
> >> -Fawcett, said that not all actors can be included.  :(
>
> >> But one time actor Michael Jackson? He's in.
>
> > That's the first thing I thought of - Farrah's done a helluva lot more
> > acting than MJ.  She actually took the time to learn how to act *well*
>
> > Natalie
>
> Apparently an actor who is primarily known (deservedly or not) as a TV
> actor/performer (Farrah Fawcett, Bea Arthur, Henry Gibson) is less
> important than a music star who has appeared in a movie.
>
> Makes you wonder if Angela Lansbury will be featured in a Tony Awards
> memoriam after "Murder, She Wrote."

She would rightly be shown in memorial segments for the Tonies, the
Oscars, and the Emmies. She was a star of stage TV and movies.

Brad

Wiseguy

Mar 14, 2010, 1:20:44 PM3/14/10
Brad Filippone <Brad_Fi...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ce7b3ae4-eb77-
4bd4-8cbf-8...@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Yes, I know. I was trying to make a point, somewhat facetiously. The
operative word there is "rightly."

ri...@aol.com

Mar 14, 2010, 1:59:44 PM3/14/10
> About the only show that does time travel sensibly is Doctor Who, but that's
> because they rarely try to make it overly serious or overly complicated. One
> of the few exceptions was the episode where Rose went back to see her
> father.

Or "Blink." That one got into more time travel logic than your
typical episode.

Rik

Your Name

Mar 14, 2010, 4:05:36 PM3/14/10

"Brad Filippone" <Brad_Fi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 9, 7:22 pm, Brian Thorn <bthor...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

> >>Correction: The Oscars are only interested in patting each other on the
> >>back. Like most awards it has has nothing to do with who / what is
actually
> >>any good or not ... hence 95% of the winners.
> >
> > How's that different than any other industry? The Oscars are voted
> > upon by people in the movie industry. They vote for who they thought
> > did the best work, which is a very different perspective than those of
> > us who are only in the audience.
> >
> > Kinda like Anim absolutely hating the TOS-R CGI, because he's in the
> > industry. Those of us who aren't seem to like TOS-R just fine (some
> > more than others, but none as scornful of it as Anim.)
> >
> > If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.
>
> I've always felt that the People's Choice Awards are the pointless
> ones. The people already made their choices. It's called "box
> office."

The "box office" is no better than any other survey / poll system - it has
problems as well.

Prices keep rising which means it's impossible to properly compare movies
from different times.

"Box office" usually means "America" and doesn't take into account overseas
viewers. A movie may well be a "bomb" in America but a success elsewhere.

"Box office" is also flawed by the fact that some people will see the movie
multiple times, inflating it's "success" with multiple "votes".

On top of that you have the usual statistical manipulation of surveys /
polls that obscures any real results behind faked numbers that simply say
whatever the person paying wants them to say.

Brian Thorn

Mar 14, 2010, 4:35:59 PM3/14/10
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:12:53 -0700 (PDT), Brad Filippone
<Brad_Fi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> If you want Ordinary Joe's opinion, watch the People's Choice Awards.

>I've always felt that the People's Choice Awards are the pointless
>ones.

I think they're all kinda pointless, actually. But I'm not in the
industry.

>The people already made their choices. It's called "box
>office."

Not really. I know lots of people who rarely or never go to a movie
theater anymore (thanks to $4.50 popcorn, etc.) and just wait for DVD
or HBO. Others only go to matinees, when ticket prices are a lot
cheaper. So movies that appeal to older folks make less money than
movies that attract the Friday and Saturday night teen/young adult
crowd. And then there's "Avatar", with its inflated box office take
thanks to the 3D ticket prices.

Brian

Wickeddoll

Mar 14, 2010, 6:30:07 PM3/14/10
On 3/14/2010 9:12 AM, Brad Filippone wrote:

No, People's choice covers movies *and* TV. I love it, because we
ordinary, non-Nielsen people get a chance to speak.

"Supernatural" didn't really gain much ground until the fans rallied to
vote it in as "Best SciFi/Fantasy" show, and it won.

Power to the people!

;-)

Your Name

Mar 14, 2010, 8:15:44 PM3/14/10
In article <oehqp5hmfalf8f89r...@4ax.com>, Brian Thorn
<btho...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

That is another point I missed ... although I shouldn't have since I am
one of those people who rarely bothers with the cinema or the DVDs /
downloads. I just wait for the movie to arrive on free-to-air TV.

Avatar (and others) are of course not only inflated by ordinary 3D, but
also IMAX versions, as well as James Cameron's planned re-release later
this year with extra footage.

Even if People's Choice or box office worked, it's still only measures
quantity (via popularity) and not quality. The same thing happens in all
the TV shows where the "winner" is usually the person who attracted the
most 15 year old girls with cellphones. :-\

Wickeddoll

Mar 14, 2010, 10:21:47 PM3/14/10
On 3/14/2010 5:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
Brian Thorn

Can't argue with that. That's the one and only reason "Twilight" is so big.

Wickeddoll

Mar 14, 2010, 10:24:00 PM3/14/10
On 3/13/2010 10:01 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Wickeddoll"
Okies - like George Foreman's 4 sons that are all named George? Wotta
maroon.
I tried SO hard to get into that show, but just couldn't.

Your Name

Mar 14, 2010, 11:17:46 PM3/14/10
In article <hnjk5l...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude>
wrote:

> On 3/13/2010 10:01 PM, Your Name wrote:
> >
> > Yep, I know that's. I was joking by using Hollyweird's total disregard for
> > the original by re-naming it things like "Classic" when the do a silly
> > remake re-using the same name.
>
> Okies - like George Foreman's 4 sons that are all named George? Wotta
> maroon.

He should have called all his daughters either "Georgina" or whatever his
wife's name is ... and all their pets as well. :-)

You have to have pity for the poor delivery person going to their house, ...
"I have a delivery for G. Foreman."
;-)

> > About the only show that does time travel sensibly is Doctor Who, but that's
> > because they rarely try to make it overly serious or overly complicated. One
> > of the few exceptions was the episode where Rose went back to see her
> > father.
>
> I tried SO hard to get into that show, but just couldn't.

The first season or so of the resurrected show was awful thanks to the
farting aliens, man-eating wheelie-bins, etc., but it got better later on,
especially once the grinning big-eared clown left.

The first season or so of the spin-off show "Torchwood" tried too hard to
be "adult" by being over-sexed, but hopefully it has got better now (I
haven't seen it due to the usual timeslot issues).

You could always start with the kiddy spin-off (or kiddier since Doctor
Who is really a kids' show) "The Adventures of Sarah Jane", although I
haven't seen any of that.

Wiseguy

Mar 15, 2010, 12:37:06 AM3/15/10

> Natalie

He even named his grill George Forman.

Wickeddoll

Mar 15, 2010, 12:59:29 AM3/15/10
> He even named his grill George Foreman.

*fwap*

That one actually made sense.

Your Name

Mar 15, 2010, 1:15:07 AM3/15/10

> He even named his grill George Forman.

That's because it was the the grill of his dreams. ;-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 15, 2010, 3:37:34 AM3/15/10
On 3/14/2010 8:17 PM, Your Name wrote:
Wickeddoll<n...@chance.dude>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/13/2010 10:01 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep, I know that's. I was joking by using Hollyweird's total disregard for
>>> the original by re-naming it things like "Classic" when the do a silly
>>> remake re-using the same name.
>>
>> Okies - like George Foreman's 4 sons that are all named George? Wotta
>> maroon.
>
> He should have called all his daughters either "Georgina" or whatever his
> wife's name is ... and all their pets as well. :-)
>
> You have to have pity for the poor delivery person going to their house, ...
> "I have a delivery for G. Foreman."
> ;-)

I have more pity for those kids having an egomaniac for a father...

>>> About the only show that does time travel sensibly is Doctor Who, but that's
>>> because they rarely try to make it overly serious or overly complicated. One
>>> of the few exceptions was the episode where Rose went back to see her
>>> father.
>>
>> I tried SO hard to get into that show, but just couldn't.
>
> The first season or so of the resurrected show was awful thanks to the
> farting aliens, man-eating wheelie-bins, etc., but it got better later on,
> especially once the grinning big-eared clown left.
>
> The first season or so of the spin-off show "Torchwood" tried too hard to
> be "adult" by being over-sexed, but hopefully it has got better now (I
> haven't seen it due to the usual timeslot issues).
>
> You could always start with the kiddy spin-off (or kiddier since Doctor
> Who is really a kids' show) "The Adventures of Sarah Jane", although I
> haven't seen any of that.

Um...thanks, but...no.

Wickeddoll

Mar 15, 2010, 3:38:11 AM3/15/10
On 3/14/2010 10:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Wiseguy"

*groan*

Your Name

Mar 15, 2010, 7:58:40 PM3/15/10
In article <hnk6h...@news.evilcabal.org>, Wickeddoll <n...@chance.dude> wrote:

> On 3/14/2010 8:17 PM, Your Name wrote:
> Wickeddoll<n...@chance.dude>
> > wrote:

> >> Okies - like George Foreman's 4 sons that are all named George? Wotta
> >> maroon.
> >
> > He should have called all his daughters either "Georgina" or whatever his
> > wife's name is ... and all their pets as well. :-)
> >
> > You have to have pity for the poor delivery person going to their house, ...
> > "I have a delivery for G. Foreman."
> > ;-)
>
> I have more pity for those kids having an egomaniac for a father...

Just wait a few decades and then visting the cemetary will have five
gravestones in a line that say "Here lies George Foreman". Maybe they
should all be given only one vote and one census form. ;-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 15, 2010, 9:15:10 PM3/15/10

I hope they last more than a few more decades! They're just kids. But
I'll bet it's an identity nightmare for those boys.

Wiseguy

Mar 15, 2010, 10:36:48 PM3/15/10
your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote in

Why would a dead person not tell the truth?

Your Name

Mar 16, 2010, 1:20:32 AM3/16/10

> On 3/15/2010 4:58 PM, Your Name wrote:
> Wickeddoll<n...@chance.dude> wrote:

Wotta

> >> I have more pity for those kids having an egomaniac for a father...
> >
> > Just wait a few decades and then visting the cemetary will have five
> > gravestones in a line that say "Here lies George Foreman". Maybe they
> > should all be given only one vote and one census form. ;-)
>
> I hope they last more than a few more decades! They're just kids. But
> I'll bet it's an identity nightmare for those boys.

"kids"?!?! They didn't look like kids on the promos for his silly "reality"
TV show. The youngest might have been a teenager, but the rest would have
been older (the older ones were away at university).

Anyway, I did say "a few more decades" ... 5 or 6 is still "a few" even
though it does equate to 50 - 60 years. :-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 16, 2010, 1:28:55 AM3/16/10
On 3/15/2010 10:20 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Wickeddoll"
Most people here think "few" means three - sorry. Dictionary backs you
up, but everyone I know thinks "3" for few.

Either way, I'm sure their narcissistic father has fubared their sense
of self. It's bad enough when people keep dressing twins alike after
they start kindergarten.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 16, 2010, 11:10:14 AM3/16/10
In article <hnn4cr$9rh$1...@lust.ihug.co.nz>,
"Your Name" <your...@isp.com> wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman

Foreman has 10 children, and each of his five sons are named George:
George Jr., George III, George , George IV, George V and George VI. His
four older sons are distinguished from one another by the nicknames
"Monk", "Big Wheel", "Red" and "Little George."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286040/bio

Spouse
Mary Joan' Martelly' (27 March 1985 - present) 6 children
Andrea Skeete (28 April 1982 - 4 February 1985) (divorced) 2 children
Sharon Goodson (15 September 1981 - 23 April 1982) (divorced)
Cynthia Lewis (6 October 1977 - 3 August 1979) (divorced)
Adrienne Calhoun (24 December 1971 - 13 February 1974) (divorced) 2
children

Trivia

All five of his sons are named George Edward. Two of his five daughters
are also called George.

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John
as Molly as Robin as Molly fell into the Batmobile's atomic pile:
"What a terrible way to go-go"

Your Name

Mar 16, 2010, 4:08:35 PM3/16/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> Trivia
>
> All five of his sons are named George Edward. Two of his five daughters
> are also called George.

You've got to realise he was a boxer, so he obviously didn't have much
intelligence to begin with and then had most of his braincells killed off in
the bxoing ring, so naming all his kids "George" simply makes it easier for
him to remember their name. ;-)

Wickeddoll

Mar 16, 2010, 8:18:41 PM3/16/10

But their legal name is still "George" - it's the most idiotic and
narcissistic thing I've ever seen.

> Spouse
> Mary Joan' Martelly' (27 March 1985 - present) 6 children
> Andrea Skeete (28 April 1982 - 4 February 1985) (divorced) 2 children
> Sharon Goodson (15 September 1981 - 23 April 1982) (divorced)
> Cynthia Lewis (6 October 1977 - 3 August 1979) (divorced)
> Adrienne Calhoun (24 December 1971 - 13 February 1974) (divorced) 2
> children
>
> Trivia
>
> All five of his sons are named George Edward. Two of his five daughters
> are also called George.

That's absolutely pathological.

Wickeddoll

Mar 16, 2010, 8:22:55 PM3/16/10
On 3/16/2010 1:08 PM, Your Name wrote:
> "Anim8rFSK" wrote in message

> <snip>
>> Trivia
>>
>> All five of his sons are named George Edward. Two of his five daughters
>> are also called George.
>
> You've got to realise he was a boxer, so he obviously didn't have much
> intelligence to begin with and then had most of his braincells killed off in
> the bxoing ring, so naming all his kids "George" simply makes it easier for
> him to remember their name. ;-)

hehehe - sorry, he doesn't get an Ali-esque pass. He has a successful
business, and still does some acting.

I still say he's an egomaniacal asshole.

LOL