[NEWS] 'Star Trek Discovery' season 3 renewal with new showrunner

Your Name

Feb 27, 2019, 2:10:48 PM2/27/19

From ComingSoon.net ...

Star Trek: Discovery season 3 is a go with new showrunner
Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a third season at
CBS All Access, Entertainment Weekly has confirmed. Michelle
Paradise (The Originals, Hart of Dixie) will serve as
co-showrunner alongside producer Alex Kurtzman for Season 3.

"Michelle joined us midway through season two and energized
the room with her ferocious knowledge of Trek," Kurtzman
said. "Her grasp of character and story detail, her drive
and her focus have already become essential in ensuring the
Trek legacy, and her fresh perspective always keeps us
looking forward. I'm proud to say Michelle and I are
officially running Star Trek: Discovery together."

Star Trek Discovery is about the voyages of Starfleet on
their missions to discover new worlds and new lifeforms, and
one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly
understand all things alien, you must first understand
yourself. In the end of the season one finale, it showed
that the Discovery has finally encountered the USS
Enterprise.

The cast includes Sonequa Martin-Green as First Officer
Michael Burnham, Michelle Yeoh as Captain Philippa Georgiou,
Jason Isaacs as Captain Lorca, Doug Jones as science officer
Saru, Anthony Rapp as fellow science officer Stamets, Terry
Serpico as Starfleet admiral Anderson, Maulik Pancholy as
chief medical officer Nambue, Sam Vartholomeos as junior
Starfleet officer Connor, Mary Wiseman as Cadet Tilly, James
Frain as Sarek, astrophysicist and father of Spock, Chris
Obi as Klingon leader T'Kuvma, Mary Chieffo as L'Rell, a
Klingon commander, Shazad Latif as Lieutenant Tyler, Rekha
Sharma as Commander Landry, Kenneth Mitchell as Kol, Clare
McConnell as Dennas, Damon Runyan as Ujilli, and Rainn Wilson
as Harry Mudd.

Season two's additional cast includes Ethan Peck as the
iconic half-human and half-Vulcan officer Spock, Rebecca
Romijn as the original Number One and Anson Mount as Captain
Christoper Pike.

The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in
association with Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout, Bryan
Fuller's Living Dead Guy Productions and Roddenberry
Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Fuller, Heather Kadin,
Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts, Akiva Goldsman, Rod
Roddenberry and Trevor Roth serve as executive producers.
The series will be distributed concurrently by CBS Studios
International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on
Bell Media's Space channel and OTT service CraveTV.

Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 airs new episodes on Thursday
nights on CBS All Access. The first six episodes of the
season are currently streaming.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1044583-star-trek-discovery-season-3-is-a-go-with-new-showrunner>

Rhino

Feb 27, 2019, 2:20:01 PM2/27/19
I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd cancelled Discovery
and banned Kurtzman from any further involvement in Star Trek.

--
Rhino

BTR1701

Feb 27, 2019, 2:59:04 PM2/27/19
Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd cancelled Discovery
> and banned Kurtzman from any further involvement in Star Trek.

I'm actually enjoying this season much more than the first one. It's
starting to feel like STAR TREK again.

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 27, 2019, 4:00:54 PM2/27/19
On 2/27/2019 11:10 AM, Your Name wrote:

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

> Star Trek: Discovery season 3 is a go with new showrunner
> Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a third season at
> CBS All Access, Entertainment Weekly has confirmed. Michelle
> Paradise (The Originals, Hart of Dixie) will serve as
> co-showrunner alongside producer Alex Kurtzman for Season 3.
>
> "Michelle joined us midway through season two and energized
> the room with her ferocious knowledge of Trek," Kurtzman
> said.

He means she had heard of Star Trek and possibly even seen an episode or
two before starting work with them.

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

Feb 27, 2019, 4:55:50 PM2/27/19
Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:20:01 -0700 Rhino<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > association with Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout, Bryan
> > Fuller's Living Dead Guy Productions and Roddenberry
> > Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Fuller, Heather Kadin,
> > Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts, Akiva Goldsman, Rod
> > Roddenberry and Trevor Roth serve as executive producers.
> > The series will be distributed concurrently by CBS Studios
> > International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on
> > Bell Media's Space channel and OTT service CraveTV.
> >
> > Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 airs new episodes on Thursday
> > nights on CBS All Access. The first six episodes of the
> > season are currently streaming.
> >

> > <https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1044583-star-trek-discovery-season-3-is-
> > a-go-with-new-showrunner>
> I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd cancelled Discovery
> and banned Kurtzman from any further involvement in Star Trek.

At least it's contained into one platform I'm not even tempted to access.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Your Name

Feb 27, 2019, 6:59:15 PM2/27/19
On 2019-02-27 21:00:55 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 2/27/2019 11:10 AM, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>>

>> Star Trek: Discovery season 3 is a go with new showrunner
>> Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a third season at
>> CBS All Access, Entertainment Weekly has confirmed. Michelle
>> Paradise (The Originals, Hart of Dixie) will serve as
>> co-showrunner alongside producer Alex Kurtzman for Season 3.
>>
>> "Michelle joined us midway through season two and energized
>> the room with her ferocious knowledge of Trek," Kurtzman
>> said.
>
> He means she had heard of Star Trek and possibly even seen an episode
> or two before starting work with them.

That would still be way more than most of the fools they've put in
charge of Star Trek shows in the past. :-(

David Barnett

Feb 27, 2019, 9:18:14 PM2/27/19
In article <QemdndWnsO2ecevB...@giganews.com>,
no_e...@invalid.invalid says...
I agree, & am glad there will be a 3rd season.

--
David Barnett

BTR1701

Feb 27, 2019, 9:26:12 PM2/27/19
I'm still wondering why Burnham is the only crewmember whose uniform has
silver piping when everyone else's is gold.

Rhino

Feb 27, 2019, 10:58:42 PM2/27/19
I couldn't finish the third episode of the new season. It felt like they
were going right back to the nonsense from the first season. That was
especially disappointing because the first two episodes gave me a
glimmer of hope that they were finally going in the right direction.

--
Rhino

Wouter Valentijn

Feb 28, 2019, 1:38:21 PM2/28/19
Op 27-2-2019 om 22:55 schreef anim8rfsk:
Gave up on it after seeing episode 2 of the second season.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Rosalee: "She's a freaking Hexenbiest!"
Grimm (s04e17): Hibernaculum

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

anim8rfsk

Feb 28, 2019, 1:44:06 PM2/28/19
It's so awful!

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 28, 2019, 2:24:20 PM2/28/19
Like its diseased?

BTW, apparently sexually transmitted diseases are not longer called
STD's. They are STI's. So even Herpes wants to distance itself from
ST:Discovery.

anim8rfsk

Feb 28, 2019, 3:11:52 PM2/28/19
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:24:23 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:
hee hee

Mike Van Pelt

Feb 28, 2019, 4:11:12 PM2/28/19
In article <OqmdnS8hYI4i2-rB...@giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>I'm still wondering why Burnham is the only crewmember whose uniform has
>silver piping when everyone else's is gold.

It's a warning flag: "If this crewman disagrees with your orders,
she will Vulcan Nerve-Pinch you and do what she darn well pleases
while you're unconscious."

As to why such a person would be trusted to be on a starship in
any capacity ... I have no clue. Perhaps they explained it at
some point, but I don't get that CBS special pay TV thing.
I tried to think up something that might approach a logical
explanation for why Star Fleet would consider her worth the
risk, or even let her out of prison, and came up empty.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 28, 2019, 4:22:55 PM2/28/19
On 2/28/2019 1:11 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <OqmdnS8hYI4i2-rB...@giganews.com>,
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I'm still wondering why Burnham is the only crewmember whose uniform has
>> silver piping when everyone else's is gold.
>
> It's a warning flag: "If this crewman disagrees with your orders,
> she will Vulcan Nerve-Pinch you and do what she darn well pleases
> while you're unconscious."
>
> As to why such a person would be trusted to be on a starship in
> any capacity ... I have no clue. Perhaps they explained it at
> some point, but I don't get that CBS special pay TV thing.
> I tried to think up something that might approach a logical
> explanation for why Star Fleet would consider her worth the
> risk, or even let her out of prison, and came up empty.

Wasn't it because some Captain had a good feeling about her?

BTR1701

Feb 28, 2019, 5:02:13 PM2/28/19
Mike Van Pelt <m...@web1.calweb.com> wrote:
> In article <OqmdnS8hYI4i2-rB...@giganews.com>,
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I'm still wondering why Burnham is the only crewmember whose uniform has
>> silver piping when everyone else's is gold.
>
> It's a warning flag: "If this crewman disagrees with your orders,
> she will Vulcan Nerve-Pinch you and do what she darn well pleases
> while you're unconscious."
>
> As to why such a person would be trusted to be on a starship in
> any capacity ... I have no clue. Perhaps they explained it at
> some point, but I don't get that CBS special pay TV thing.
> I tried to think up something that might approach a logical
> explanation for why Star Fleet would consider her worth the
> risk, or even let her out of prison, and came up empty.

That's less absurd than them putting a former Klingon overlord and the
psychopathic Terran Emperor from the alternate universe in the Starfleet
equivalent of the CIA.

Rhino

Feb 28, 2019, 6:08:43 PM2/28/19
On 2019-02-28 4:11 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <OqmdnS8hYI4i2-rB...@giganews.com>,
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I'm still wondering why Burnham is the only crewmember whose uniform has
>> silver piping when everyone else's is gold.
>
> It's a warning flag: "If this crewman disagrees with your orders,
> she will Vulcan Nerve-Pinch you and do what she darn well pleases
> while you're unconscious."
>
> As to why such a person would be trusted to be on a starship in
> any capacity ... I have no clue. Perhaps they explained it at
> some point, but I don't get that CBS special pay TV thing.
> I tried to think up something that might approach a logical
> explanation for why Star Fleet would consider her worth the
> risk, or even let her out of prison, and came up empty.

I was watching some YouTube videos about Discovery and several former
sailors and soldiers commented that if anyone had been as reluctant to
follow orders as Burnham has been, it would have gone very VERY badly
for them.

I wonder if the Racist Eye has been inspired by the way various flavours
of Marxists, anarchists and other radicals undermined the (Tsarist)
Russian Army during WWI? The war was not going well for Russia and there
were a lot of radicals among the troops, trying to convince their peers
that they shouldn't fight unless they all agreed and damn the officers
giving orders.

--
Rhino

Rhino

Feb 28, 2019, 6:12:32 PM2/28/19
I wonder if the Racist Eye is instructing all their writers to use the
new STI terminology specifically because too many people are snickering
about the Star Trek Discovery/STD congruence? I could have sworn I heard
the STI reference on Chicago Med's episode from last night. Oh, wait,
Chicago Med is NBC, not CBS....

--
Rhino

Mike Van Pelt

Feb 28, 2019, 8:02:56 PM2/28/19
In article <q59pln$7eu$1...@dont-email.me>,
Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>I was watching some YouTube videos about Discovery and several former
>sailors and soldiers commented that if anyone had been as reluctant to
>follow orders as Burnham has been, it would have gone very VERY badly
>for them.

"Reluctant to follow orders" is one thing. "Captain, you have a
multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder. <pinch>" (goes
onto bridge) "The Captain's orders are (orders exactly opposite
of what the captain actually ordered)" goes a bit beyond that.

With the caveat that that first episode that did not require
subscribing to CBS I'm Not Accessing It is the only episode
I've seen. I think I heard from somewhere that Burnham spent
some time in a Federation stockade, but nothing about who
sprung her, much less how flat-out mutiny got "overlooked"
and she's back on the bridge of a Federation starship.

J. Clarke

Feb 28, 2019, 8:28:25 PM2/28/19
On Fri, 01 Mar 2019 01:02:54 GMT, m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt)
wrote:

>In article <q59pln$7eu$1...@dont-email.me>,
>Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>>I was watching some YouTube videos about Discovery and several former
>>sailors and soldiers commented that if anyone had been as reluctant to
>>follow orders as Burnham has been, it would have gone very VERY badly
>>for them.
>
>"Reluctant to follow orders" is one thing. "Captain, you have a
>multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder. <pinch>" (goes
>onto bridge) "The Captain's orders are (orders exactly opposite
>of what the captain actually ordered)" goes a bit beyond that.
>
>With the caveat that that first episode that did not require
>subscribing to CBS I'm Not Accessing It is the only episode
>I've seen. I think I heard from somewhere that Burnham spent
>some time in a Federation stockade, but nothing about who
>sprung her, much less how flat-out mutiny got "overlooked"
>and she's back on the bridge of a Federation starship.

She wasn't "sprung" in any episode I saw--she was commandeered for
reasons I don't recall and not trusted.

However I gave up on it when they did the Groundhog Day
episode--Stargate didn't go there until Season 4 and Xena until Season
3.

BTR1701

Feb 28, 2019, 8:42:58 PM2/28/19
In article <2x%dE.3195$eu....@fx30.iad>,
m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:

> In article <q59pln$7eu$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
> >I was watching some YouTube videos about Discovery and several former
> >sailors and soldiers commented that if anyone had been as reluctant to
> >follow orders as Burnham has been, it would have gone very VERY badly
> >for them.
>
> "Reluctant to follow orders" is one thing. "Captain, you have a
> multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder. <pinch>" (goes
> onto bridge) "The Captain's orders are (orders exactly opposite
> of what the captain actually ordered)" goes a bit beyond that.
>
> With the caveat that that first episode that did not require
> subscribing to CBS I'm Not Accessing It is the only episode
> I've seen. I think I heard from somewhere that Burnham spent
> some time in a Federation stockade, but nothing about who
> sprung her, much less how flat-out mutiny got "overlooked"
> and she's back on the bridge of a Federation starship.

It was the standard Hollywood "bad guy with some unique
knowledge/ability is sprung from prison to help the good guys" sort of
thing. The Discovery's captain sprung her because he wanted her help. Of
course he was actually the real captain's duplicate from the Alternate
Universe where everyone's bad.

anim8rfsk

Feb 28, 2019, 8:50:37 PM2/28/19
That was one of Xena's best episodes, and the best show Hilary Bader ever
wrote!

J. Clarke

Feb 28, 2019, 9:01:59 PM2/28/19
On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 18:50:35 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:
Yep. I agree there.

anim8rfsk

Feb 28, 2019, 9:11:11 PM2/28/19
The Netflix today tried to sell me a *series* using the Groundhog Day
concept. :\

Wouter Valentijn

Mar 1, 2019, 7:29:04 AM3/1/19
Op 1-3-2019 om 03:11 schreef anim8rfsk:
Day Break?

Wouter Valentijn

Mar 1, 2019, 7:30:01 AM3/1/19
Op 28-2-2019 om 19:44 schreef anim8rfsk:
They still try to sell it as Prime Universe. It is not!

anim8rfsk

Mar 1, 2019, 7:34:52 AM3/1/19
RUSSIAN DOLL