Cross-polisation!

Daniel65

Aug 10, 2020, 4:52:31 AM8/10/20
Cross-posted to star-trek.tos and stargate with follow-up set to
star-trek.tos

During Lock-down, I've been re-watching the Stargate:SG1 box set. Today
I was watching one of the Series 9 episodes and the team had to get from
one deck to another deck on one of the Earth space ships ... and the
elevators were out-of-order, so one of them said they'd have to use the
"Jefferies Tubes".

Weren't they a Star Trek invention?? Named after one of the Stage crew
or some such, I think!

So was this a bit of a nod from the Stargate writers to the Star Trek
writers??
--
Daniel

Your Name

Aug 10, 2020, 6:17:11 PM8/10/20
Probably. There are many such "Easter Eggs" in lots of shows and movies.

Another example are the ET aliens that briefly appear in the Senate
scene of one of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy movies, which was sort of
a return for carvings of R2-D2 appearing in one of the Indiana Jones
movies.

Daniel65

Aug 11, 2020, 5:08:27 AM8/11/20
Hmm!! Prequel Trilogy!! Will I ever get around to watching them??

I had heard about the R2-D2 images!
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 22, 2020, 11:34:29 AM8/22/20
Op 10-8-2020 om 10:52 schreef Daniel65:
Jefferies Tubes were named after Walter "Matt" Jefferies, the man that
created the original Enterprise.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Matt_Jefferies

He was one of the absolute greatest minds to work on the original show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax1y8HNCjBw

Us Trekkies owe a lot to this man!

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

Daniel65

Aug 23, 2020, 6:11:37 AM8/23/20
Wouter Valentijn wrote on 23/08/2020 1:33 AM:
> Op 10-8-2020 om 10:52 schreef Daniel65:
>> Cross-posted to star-trek.tos and stargate with follow-up set to
>> star-trek.tos
>>
>> During Lock-down, I've been re-watching the Stargate:SG1 box set.
>> Today I was watching one of the Series 9 episodes and the team had to
>> get from one deck to another deck on one of the Earth space ships ...
>> and the elevators were out-of-order, so one of them said they'd have
>> to use the "Jefferies Tubes".
>>
>> Weren't they a Star Trek invention?? Named after one of the Stage crew
>> or some such, I think!
>>
>> So was this a bit of a nod from the Stargate writers to the Star Trek
>> writers??
>

> Jefferies Tubes were named after Walter "Matt" Jefferies, the man that
> created the original Enterprise.
>
> https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Matt_Jefferies
>
> He was one of the absolute greatest minds to work on the original show.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax1y8HNCjBw
>
> Us Trekkies owe a lot to this man!

Yeap, I thought it was something like that. Thanks.
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 23, 2020, 12:28:08 PM8/23/20
Op 23-8-2020 om 12:11 schreef Daniel65:
You're welcome!

BTW, if you want more background, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71QWWEJQ0w

A bit long maybe, but very much worth it.

Daniel65

Aug 24, 2020, 5:14:41 AM8/24/20
"A BIT!!" Only two hours fifty-four minutes!! I see your definition of
"A bit" and my definition differ "a bit"!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 24, 2020, 9:51:52 AM8/24/20