Takei calls Shatner a "cantankerous old man" nobody got along with

Your Name

Nov 28, 2022, 3:57:47 PM11/28/22

George Takei Calls William Shatner a 'Cantankerous Old Man,'
Says 'None' of the 'Star Trek' Cast Got Along With Him
George Takei had nothing nice to say about former "Star Trek"
co-star William Shatner in a new interview with The Guardian.
Takei, who starred as Sulu opposite Shatner's Captain Kirk
during their "Star Trek" tenure, said there was a healthy
camaraderie on set among his cast members "except for one,
who was a prima donna." The actor appeared to be alluding to
Shatner, who he later addressed more directly when he was
asked if any of the cast got along with Shatner. Takei
responded, "No, none of us."

Shatner made headlines earlier this month due to an
interview with The Times UK in which he spoke out against
his "Star Trek" co-stars publicly slamming him. "I began to
understand that they were doing it for publicity," Shatner
said. "Sixty years after some incident they are still on
that track. Don't you think that's a little weird? It's like
a sickness. George has never stopped blackening my name.
These people are bitter and embittered. I have run out of
patience with them. Why give credence to people consumed by
envy and hate?"

"I know he came to London to promote his book and talked
about me wanting publicity by using his name. So I decided
I don't need his name to get publicity," Takei responded in
his new Guardian interview. "I have much more substantial
subject matter that I want to get publicity for, so I'm not
going to refer to [Shatner] in this interview at all.
Although I just did. He's just a cantankerous old man and
I'm going to leave him to his devices. I'm not going to
play his game."

Back in 2021, Takei publicly mocked Shatner's space flight
on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin. "He's boldly going where other
people have gone before," Takei told Page Six. "He's a
guinea pig... he's not the fittest specimen of 90 years old,
so he'll be a specimen that's unfit!"

Takei is currently making the press rounds in the United
Kingdom ahead of his musical, "Allegiance," launching its
British production.

<https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/george-takei-slams-william-shatner-cantankerous-old-man-1235443212/>

Travoltron

Nov 28, 2022, 9:41:26 PM11/28/22
God, Takei is such a pedantic faggot.
It was 53 years ago! Get the fuck over it!

So Shatner had a big ego so what. He was the star of the show! You were
not!
At least Shatner never got #MeTooed like Georgie boy.