Which ones will miss out??

Daniel60

May 20, 2018, 5:13:52 AM5/20/18
One of our Free-to-Air Commercial T.V. channels is advertising a Star
Trek Movie season, starting this coming Wednesday. On successive
Wednesdays, they are showing nine of the ST Movies, so I'm wondering
which ones??

The ad features clips from the ST:TOS movies and from ST:TNG movies, but
nothing from the newer movies. So that could reduce the possibilities to
ten movies, but then the ad expressly states nine movies ... so which
one will miss out??

My guess would be that it would be either ST:5 The Final Frontier or
ST:X Nemesis. Hmm, which of those two do I like the least??
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

May 20, 2018, 2:17:57 PM5/20/18
Op 20-5-2018 om 11:13 schreef Daniel60:
> One of our Free-to-Air Commercial T.V. channels is advertising a Star
> Trek Movie season, starting this coming Wednesday. On successive
> Wednesdays, they are showing nine of the ST Movies, so I'm wondering
> which ones??
>
> The ad features clips from the ST:TOS movies and from ST:TNG movies, but
> nothing from the newer movies. So that could reduce the possibilities to
> ten movies, but then the ad expressly states nine movies ... so which
> one will miss out??

Did you catch TMP uniforms in that ad?

> My guess would be that it would be either ST:5 The Final Frontier or
> ST:X Nemesis. Hmm, which of those two do I like the least??

For me that would be ST: X.

ST: V had some great character moments between the Big Three and Kirk
demonstrating his strength of will being able to overcome the influence
of Sybok /because/ of his pain.

--
Wouter Valentijn www.j3v.net

"Be yourself no matter what they say"

Sting ("Englishman in New York")

liam=mail

Daniel60

May 20, 2018, 9:12:50 PM5/20/18
Wouter Valentijn wrote on 21/05/18 04:17:
> Op 20-5-2018 om 11:13 schreef Daniel60:
>> One of our Free-to-Air Commercial T.V. channels is advertising a Star
>> Trek Movie season, starting this coming Wednesday. On successive
>> Wednesdays, they are showing nine of the ST Movies, so I'm wondering
>> which ones??
>>
>> The ad features clips from the ST:TOS movies and from ST:TNG movies,
>> but nothing from the newer movies. So that could reduce the
>> possibilities to ten movies, but then the ad expressly states nine
>> movies ... so which one will miss out??
>
> Did you catch TMP uniforms in that ad?

I usually record any commercial T.V. that I watch so I can fast forward
through the ads ... but at one time I did see Kirk stepping through a
doorway to be welcomed by Spock ... and they are in pretty spiffy
uniforms but I don't think the scene was from TMP!!

>> My guess would be that it would be either ST:5 The Final Frontier or
>> ST:X Nemesis. Hmm, which of those two do I like the least??
>

> For me that would be ST: X.
>
> ST: V had some great character moments between the Big Three and Kirk
> demonstrating his strength of will being able to overcome the influence
> of Sybok /because/ of his pain.

ST:V, I think I just never got my head around the Sybock character ...
or whatever his name is!! Was he Spock's brother or something??
Mentioned in this film ... never to be mentioned again!!

--
Daniel

Your Name

May 20, 2018, 10:13:33 PM5/20/18
Sybok was Spock's older half-brother, from Sarek's first marriage to a
Vulcan princess (who later died). Part of the reason he probably isn't
mentioned again is because he died at the end of the movie, altough he
did transfer his katra to Spock.

Your Name

May 20, 2018, 10:25:23 PM5/20/18
Here in New Zealand the Freeview channel "Three" is inthe middle of
playing the Star Wars Saga movies (in release order, not numerical
order - Episode I will be this Wednesday night), but they're unlikely
to have the two silly 'reboot' ones, thankfully!, and like last time
might not even have Episode III.

Wouter Valentijn

May 21, 2018, 3:55:02 AM5/21/18
Op 21-5-2018 om 04:13 schreef Your Name:
He did?!?

Was there such a scene?

Daniel60

May 21, 2018, 4:25:47 AM5/21/18
Wouter Valentijn wrote on 21/05/18 17:54:
Glad I'm not the only one to have missed that! ;-)

--
Daniel

Daniel60

May 21, 2018, 4:29:20 AM5/21/18
Your Name wrote on 21/05/18 12:25:
I've considered buying/watching SW in numerical order ... but I think
the difference in the video quality would be hard to take!!

--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

May 21, 2018, 6:59:16 AM5/21/18
Op 21-5-2018 om 10:29 schreef Daniel60:
If you do, always remember, HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

Your Name

May 21, 2018, 9:18:34 PM5/21/18
Han never shoots first ... he's opne of the good guys. ;-)

Your Name

May 21, 2018, 9:21:55 PM5/21/18
No idea, I've never seen it, but that's what it says in one of my
resource books. Maybe it is a scene in the novelisation which didn't
make it onto the screen, or is one of those blink and you miss it (or
later revised!) scenes like when Spock transferred his katra to McCoy.

Daniel60

May 22, 2018, 5:40:33 AM5/22/18
Your Name wrote on 22/05/18 11:18:
"opne"?? Hmm!! "open"??, no, that doesn't make sense, so must be "one"!!
That makes sense!! ;-P

--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

May 22, 2018, 1:19:51 PM5/22/18
Op 22-5-2018 om 03:18 schreef Your Name:
:-P

Daniel60

May 29, 2018, 9:09:05 AM5/29/18
Daniel60 wrote on 20/05/18 19:13:
Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan on tomorrow (30 May) tomorrow.
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jun 2, 2018, 5:12:45 AM6/2/18
Daniel60 wrote on 20/05/18 19:13:
and, just to complete the picture, one of the other Aus Free-to-Air T.V.
networks is, tonight, Saturday, showing the new, improved (??), Star
Trek movie.

I don't know about the other new ST movies!!
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Jun 3, 2018, 10:04:32 AM6/3/18
Op 2-6-2018 om 11:12 schreef Daniel60:
The 2009 had okay moments, but some really awful as well. Clearly they
had seen some Star Trek and heard some Trek sound bites, but they
slammed it together like a drunk Doctor Frankenstein.

"Into Darkness" was insane. Like a twisted version of TWOK, made by the
Joker on LSD building a strange Bizarro version of Star Trek.

"Beyond" was somewhat watchable. Also somewhat crazy, but the best of
the Kelvin Universe 3.

4 and possibly 5.... Nothing concrete is known. Only that it might
involve time travel and Kirk's dad.
And in some future movie, possibly 5, Quintin Tarantino might be
involved in an R-rated Trek film. Who actually seems to be a Trek fan
and really likes the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise".

Daniel60

Jun 5, 2018, 4:57:38 AM6/5/18
Daniel60 wrote on 29/05/18 23:09:
Tomorrow night, Wed 6th June, it's Star Trek III:Search for Spock. It's
up against an interstate Rugby League match (N.S.W v Qld at The MCG!!),
so its ratings might not be too good .... even if the ratings for the
first two were much good!!
--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Jun 5, 2018, 1:39:01 PM6/5/18
Op 5-6-2018 om 10:57 schreef Daniel60:
So, no TMP I gather.

Daniel60

Jun 6, 2018, 12:52:15 AM6/6/18
Wouter Valentijn wrote on 06/06/18 03:38:
Sorry, logically (strange for a T.V. channel, I know!!), they did start
with ST:TMP back on 23 May!

--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jun 13, 2018, 1:34:57 AM6/13/18
Daniel60 wrote on 05/06/18 18:57:
Nothing tonight, 13th June, presumable because, for some reason,
tomorrow there is a AFL footy match (Port Power v Western Bulldogs),
which means they have to have the preview show tonight!
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jun 20, 2018, 1:21:00 AM6/20/18
Tonight, 20th June, it's STIV:The Voyage Home!
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jul 4, 2018, 12:24:25 AM7/4/18
Last week they had ST5:The Final Frontier and tonight they complete the
TOS series of films with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jul 11, 2018, 4:04:38 AM7/11/18
Tonight, we have the third and final Interstate Rugby League Match, so
no ST Movie.
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Jul 18, 2018, 2:18:15 AM7/18/18
Tonight, we have no Rugby League, nor any Star Trek. So, it seems, they
only intended to show the six TOS movies ... even though they were
advertising "over nine weeks"!!
--
Daniel

Daniel60

Aug 2, 2018, 5:22:23 AM8/2/18
And again, last night there was no Star Trek movie ... so, I guess, when
the station original advertised a season of Star Trek movies over nine
weeks, they meant six Star Trek movies and some Rugby League over nine
weeks!!

Oh Well!!

--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 2, 2018, 2:16:22 PM8/2/18
Op 2-8-2018 om 11:21 schreef Daniel60:
I had a feeling, based on your reports, that it would turn out like this.

--
Wouter Valentijn

"We are the gift from our ancestors to the world that we borrow from
future generations, so, however, whatever, whichever, whenever, wherever
or whoever we are, we better be at our best."

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

liam=mail

liam=mail

Daniel60

Aug 3, 2018, 2:31:09 AM8/3/18
Yeah!! Not that I'm complaining, mind you ... any Star Trek is better
that no Star Trek ... well almost!! ;-P

Strange thing is, in the promo ad, they showed Riker and Data with his
part-skin face from ST:8 First Contact!!

--
Daniel

edrh...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 8:56:26 PM4/9/19
(Quote)
For me that would be ST: X.

ST: V had some great character moments between the Big Three and Kirk
demonstrating his strength of will being able to overcome the influence
of Sybok /because/ of his pain.
(End Quote)

Have you read the "official" auto-biography of Captain. Kirk? According to that book, ST V never happened! It was a movie, put together by (bear with me now) the SON of the blonde slave girl who is Kirk's "reward" on the Roman planet! Apparently, he interviews the remaining members of the stranded crew, makes some pretty good guesses, and made a movie!

Wouter Valentijn

Apr 10, 2019, 12:56:57 PM4/10/19
Op 10-4-2019 om 02:56 schreef edrh...@hotmail.com:
And novels etc. are NOT canon. :-)

--
Wouter Valentijn

Rosalee: "She's a freaking Hexenbiest!"
Grimm (s04e17): Hibernaculum

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

edrh...@hotmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 6:17:56 PM4/10/19
(Quote)
Have you read the "official" auto-biography of Captain. Kirk? According to that book, ST V never happened! It was a movie, put together by (bear with me now) the SON of the blonde slave girl who is Kirk's "reward" on the Roman planet! Apparently, he interviews the remaining members of the stranded crew, makes some pretty good guesses, and made a movie!

And novels etc. are NOT canon. :-)
(End Quote)

Maybe not, but I kinda like the idea of ST-V having NOT happened!

Daniel60

Apr 11, 2019, 3:35:55 AM4/11/19
ST-V?? Are you meaning the fifth movie .... or Star Trek Voyager ....
or, then again, maybe both?? ;-P

--
Daniel

edrh...@hotmail.com

Apr 11, 2019, 4:17:42 AM4/11/19
(Quote)
ST-V?? Are you meaning the fifth movie .... or Star Trek Voyager ....
or, then again, maybe both?? ;-P
(End Quote)

It's supposed to take place during Kirk's lifespan, so yeah, fifth movie. I didn't hate "Voyager."

Daniel60

Apr 11, 2019, 5:45:25 AM4/11/19
I suppose I don't hate it either, as one of our Free-to-Air T.V.
channels re-re-re-plays a ST:TNG and a ST:Voy episode each day, Mon to
Fri, and I keep watching.

I haven't watched today's Eps yet (aren't PVR's wonderful??) but, after
Voyager got back home yesterday, I think today they might have been
chasing the Maquis ship and been transported into the Delta Quadrant
(Caretaker).

Don't know how long it's been since we've seen ST:DS9 .... or, even,
ST:Ent!!

--
Daniel

Wouter Valentijn

Apr 11, 2019, 12:59:41 PM4/11/19
Op 11-4-2019 om 09:35 schreef Daniel60:
I love Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

I hate Star Trek Voyager.

edrh...@hotmail.com

Apr 11, 2019, 3:34:56 PM4/11/19
On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 12:59:41 PM UTC-4, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
> Op 11-4-2019 om 09:35 schreef Daniel60:
> > edrh...@hotmail.com wrote on 11/04/2019 8:17 AM:
> >> (Quote)

> >> Maybe not, but I kinda like the idea of ST-V having NOT happened!
> >>
> > ST-V?? Are you meaning the fifth movie .... or Star Trek Voyager ....
> > or, then again, maybe both?? ;-P
> >

> I love Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
>
> I hate Star Trek Voyager.

Sorry, I liked Voyager. It took me three tries to get through ST-V TFF!