Lets give William Shatner a final and proper send off.

MummyChunk

Mar 26, 2020, 7:38:40 PM3/26/20
I know Bill has said he doesn't want to do anymore Trek - but I think
he needs a final and proper send off. Not what they did in
Generations. Hopefully soon before he passes.

Any ideas on what they should do for James T. Kirk? Picard -
Discovery or the next feature film?

Travoltron

Mar 27, 2020, 8:09:27 PM3/27/20
I hope he stays the hell away because the people running Trek now are
total morons. They would only dishonor Captain Kirk like they did Picard.

MummyChunk

Mar 28, 2020, 12:45:51 AM3/28/20
I personally feel they have done a pretty good job with Picard. Sure
- a few changes could have been made and I am not 100 crazy about the
ending of him being put into a Synth body. But the end scene with him
and Data was well done. I wasn't a big Discovery fan either but it
definately grew on me.

If we look back to initial feelings about The Next Generation - seems
similar. Change is always hard.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=536440419#536440419

Daniel60

Mar 28, 2020, 4:37:44 AM3/28/20
MummyChunk wrote on 28/03/2020 3:45 PM:
> Travoltron wrote:
>> I hope he stays the hell away because the people running Trek now
>> are total morons. They would only dishonor Captain Kirk like they
>> did Picard.
>
> I personally feel they have done a pretty good job with Picard.
> Sure - a few changes could have been made and I am not 100 crazy
> about the ending of him being put into a Synth body. But the end
> scene with him and Data was well done. I wasn't a big Discovery fan
> either but it definately grew on me.
>
> If we look back to initial feelings about The Next Generation -
> seems similar. Change is always hard.

Not having seen any of Startrek:Picard .....

"... him being put into a Synth body"?? Is this so that they can replace
the actor even now and again .... just like on "Doctor Who"??

--
Daniel

MummyChunk

Mar 29, 2020, 2:51:32 PM3/29/20
Yes, he died of Irumodic Syndrome (the same thing he suffered from in
The Next Generation) and he was put into a synthetic body (created by
Dr. Soong's son) that looks the same as Patrick Stewart. The said in
the episode that the body would only live the same amount of time that
JL would have expected to live had he not had Irumodic Syndrome.

It was interesting to see some similarities played out on the final
episode of Picard and that on the final episode of The Next Generation
TNG.

Photo comparisons below

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=536841318#536841318

Daniel60

Mar 30, 2020, 1:05:41 AM3/30/20
As I drifted off to sleep last night, trying *NOT* to think of RL
goings-on, I thought about ST:Generations and how it showed Kirk now in
some sort of "other realm"/"Purgatory"/some such, so it might be
difficult to bring James back into the Startrek Universe

--
Daniel

MummyChunk

Mar 30, 2020, 6:06:56 PM3/30/20
Yes, in Generations the Enterprise D and crew encounter an energy
ribbon called The Nexus.

Here is a plot summary. Since Kirk was there and it seems that there
might be a mechanism for him to return there (even though he died) -
I'm sure they can work it out

Plot Summary Generations
*****
In 2293, retired Starfleet officers James T. Kirk, Montgomery Scott,
and Pavel Chekov attend the maiden voyage of the USS Enterprise-B.
During the shakedown cruise, the Enterprise is pressed into a rescue
mission to save two El-Aurian refugee ships that have been snared by a
massive, unknown energy ribbon. Enterprise is able to save some of the
refugees before their ships are destroyed, but itself becomes trapped
by the ribbon. Kirk goes to engineering to help Enterprise escape, and
is presumed dead after the trailing end of the ribbon hits the ship's
hull where he was working.

In 2371, the crew of the USS Enterprise-D is celebrating the promotion
of shipmate Worf to Lieutenant Commander on the holodeck when Captain
Jean-Luc Picard learns his brother and nephew were killed in a fire.
Picard is distraught that the Picard family line will end with him.
Enterprise receives a distress call from an observatory where an
El-Aurian, Dr. Tolian Soran, launches a trilithium probe at a star.
The probe causes the star to implode, creating a shockwave that
destroys its solar system. Soran kidnaps Enterprise engineer Geordi La
Forge and is transported off the station by a Klingon Bird of Prey
belonging to the Duras sisters.

Enterprise crewman Guinan tells Picard that she and Soran were among
the El-Aurians rescued in 2293 and that Soran is obsessed with
reentering the ribbon to reach the "Nexus", an
extra-dimensional realm that exists outside of normal space-time.
Picard and Data determine that Soran, unable to fly a ship directly
into the ribbon, is altering the path of the ribbon by removing the
gravitational effects from nearby stars. He plans to destroy another
star to bring the ribbon to him on the planet Veridian III, killing
millions on a nearby inhabited planet in the process.

Upon entering the Veridian system, Picard offers himself to the Duras
sisters in exchange for La Forge, but insists that he be transported
to Soran directly. La Forge is returned to Enterprise, but unwittingly
transmits Enterprise's defense details to the Klingons. The Duras
sisters attack, and Enterprise sustains critical damage before
destroying the Bird of Prey. Commander William Riker evacuates the
crew to the forward saucer section of the ship, which separates from
the engineering section and crashes onto the surface of Veridian III.

Picard fails to stop Soran from launching another probe and both men
enter the Nexus. Picard finds himself surrounded by an idealized
family, but realizes it is an illusion. He is confronted by an
"echo" of Guinan, and after being told that he may go
"wherever and whenever" he wishes within the Nexus, Guinan
sends him to meet Kirk, also safe in the Nexus. Though Kirk is at
first entranced by the opportunity to make up for past regrets in the
Nexus, he likewise realizes that nothing there is real. Picard
convinces Kirk to leave the Nexus and return to Veridian III shortly
before Soran launches the probe.

Working together, Kirk and Picard distract Soran long enough for
Picard to lock the probe in place, causing it to explode on the
launchpad and kill Soran. Kirk is fatally injured in the effort, and
Picard buries him in a makeshift grave on the mountain. Three
Federation starships arrive to retrieve Enterprise's survivors from
Veridian III. With Enterprise declared un-salvageable, Picard muses
that given the name's legacy, the ship will not be the last to carry
the name Enterprise.

bepo29...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2021, 9:22:51 AM2/21/21

Although I liked the idea of Picard, I absolutely agree. It's just crap, all apart from Star Trek Lower Decks, what is quite funny.
I am not the biggest Shatner fan, but if I would be him I would keep a save distance of all the new Star Trek stuff.
They are out to destroy the legacy. Unfortunately...