For the Uniform question

Brian Barjenbruch

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

> Why was there no simple mention of the method used to safely get
> Eddington aboard the Defiant ?

The Defiant could have used one of its shuttles--it has at least two; it
could have docked with Eddington's ship; it could have <towed> Eddington's
ship back to DS9.

Brian

Kamin

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97
Or Eddington could have beamed aboard himself. The Maqui raiders are
equiped the transporters, as was established in "Pre-emptive Strike."
--
To reply, replace nospam with worldnet
Kam...@worldnet.att.net

Piccolo

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97
to Mark Sidloi

Mark Sidloi wrote:

> I just saw "For the Uniform" for the second time (the first time was
> when it originally aired). I have a question - to my understanding, the
> transporters on the Defiant were not functioning when they left DS9 (I
> believe O'Brien said as much) yet they were able to beam Edington
> aboard. Presumably, O'Brien could have fixed them, but he seemed to have
> his hands full just keeping the ship moving. It is also possible that
> Eddington beamed aboard using Maquis transporters (assuming those ship
> have transporters), but if he did not use the Defiant's transporters
> then the Defiant's crew would have had no way to know what was beaming
> aboard until it was almost finished materializing and would have no way
> to remove it - Eddington could have beamed aboard an explosive and that
> would have destroyed the Defiant (of course he would no longer be able
> to see himself as the high and noble good guy). You might argue that the
> Maquis crew would not know that the Defiant's transporter would not be
> used, but Eddington knows the Defiant and he would know if the
> coordinates given where anything other than the transporter bay.

> Why was there no simple mention of the method used to safely get
> Eddington aboard the Defiant ?
>
> Mark

This had nothing to with the Transporters at all, this was them making
use of the new Holo-Communicator(or what ever the damn thing is
called). My question is; did you and me watch the same episode??? They
used that damn new Holo-Communicator how many times? Six... seven? I
know they used it once for Odo a few times for Eddington and atleast
once for the other captin that was Gunning for Eddington. Even with out
counting the number of times they(producer/writer(s)whomever) were
trying to push this New tech you had to have noticed that it was very
clearly mentioned and explained, and ever time they stoped talking the
person(who was standing in a small area that was highlighted by the
projecters) turned and puched buttons that we couldn't see. Further
more the fade-in and fade-outs looked nothing like a transport beam. I
know that Eddington never actually beamed onto the Defiant so what the
Hell are you talking about? Do mean how they finally got him back to
DS9? We don't know how long they were there and it doesn't really
matter. Let's say the ship landed(small enough), let's say they took a
shuttle(which they can have a few of) or let's say they got the Damn
Transporters fixed. As I said, what's it matter????

Timothy Bruening

Feb 24, 2020, 5:23:25 AM2/24/20
Why did they STOP using the Holo-Communicators after a few episodes?