"Heart of Stone" question

Gene Frazier

Jun 27, 2003, 6:38:50 PM6/27/03
Going systematically through the Season 3 DVD box, I watched "Heart of
Stone" last night. Not the greatest episode, but Rene and Nana redeem
it just on acting professionalism.

A multi-part question: It sure seemed like the events of the episode
took more than 16 hours time. Why was there not even a mention that
Odo might need to revert to his gelatinous state? For that matter, the
same for the Female Changeling?

And, IIRC, don't Changelings become partly gelatinous when they touch
each other? Didn't Odo and the Female Changeling make contact when he
was trying to use a pick to shatter the crystal or at some other
point?

Gene

Karen Chuplis

Jun 27, 2003, 8:12:24 PM6/27/03
in article 8ded5477.03062...@posting.google.com, Gene Frazier at
pars...@attbi.com wrote on 6/27/03 5:38 PM:

> Going systematically through the Season 3 DVD box, I watched "Heart of
> Stone" last night. Not the greatest episode, but Rene and Nana redeem
> it just on acting professionalism.
>
> A multi-part question: It sure seemed like the events of the episode
> took more than 16 hours time. Why was there not even a mention that
> Odo might need to revert to his gelatinous state? For that matter, the
> same for the Female Changeling?

I can't recall the ep at the moment so I'm no help here.

> And, IIRC, don't Changelings become partly gelatinous when they touch
> each other? Didn't Odo and the Female Changeling make contact when he
> was trying to use a pick to shatter the crystal or at some other
> point?

I believe that happens if it is willed to happen. Not a necessity. At least,
I never got that impression.
> Gene

Andrew Murray

Jun 28, 2003, 7:16:19 AM6/28/03

"Karen Chuplis" <kchu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I'm sure Odo's gelatinous state had to be for a period of time, e.g. something
like 8 hours (like we need sleep, he needs to "regenerate".).

Glitch0169

Jul 1, 2003, 3:13:05 AM7/1/03
Hey im not sure about the first question , but I know the changlings only
become gelations when they are mergeing , otherwise they can come into contact
with one another.

Timothy Bruening

Feb 3, 2020, 3:55:41 PM2/3/20
On Friday, June 27, 2003 at 3:38:50 PM UTC-7, Gene Frazier wrote:
> Going systematically through the Season 3 DVD box, I watched "Heart of
> Stone" last night. Not the greatest episode, but Rene and Nana redeem
> it just on acting professionalism.
>
> A multi-part question: It sure seemed like the events of the episode
> took more than 16 hours time. Why was there not even a mention that
> Odo might need to revert to his gelatinous state? For that matter, the
> same for the Female Changeling?

Odo had to go back to the Runabout at least once. He might have taken his nap then, and given the female Changeling time for her nap while Odo was gone.