Life Imitates 'South Park'

Ubiquitous

Apr 25, 2012, 5:55:43 AM4/25/12
• "Cartman joins the United States Border Patrol as a volunteer, where he is
instructed to stop Mexicans from crossing the border, regardless of the
'semantics' of which direction they are traveling."
--Wikipedia.org page for "The Last of the Meheecans," aired Oct. 12,
2011

• "Immigration Reversal: More Mexicans Leaving Than Entering U.S."
--headline, FoxNews.com, April 24, 2012

Ubiquitous

May 1, 2012, 5:05:56 AM5/1/12
• "Eventually, someone secretly contacts Bucky Bailey, an anti-bullying
counselor from Bully Buckers™ (which later changes to Bully Busters™), to
come to the school. Bailey proceeds to excoriate, or 'bully' Mr. Mackey
into calling for an assembly, at which he proposes that the students make
an anti-bullying video. When no one volunteers to be the leader of the
campaign and direct the video, he taunts the assembled
students."
--Wikipedia.org summary of "ButterBalls," aired April 11

• "As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national
journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing,
attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to
his rant 'pansy assed.' "
--FoxNews.com, April 27

Metspitzer

May 1, 2012, 9:50:30 AM5/1/12
On Tue, 01 May 2012 05:05:56 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:
That guy has probably been bullied all his life, but not because he is
gay. Because he is an asshole.

BTR1701

May 1, 2012, 10:52:32 AM5/1/12
In article <jnogn8$rqp$2...@dont-email.me>,
Yep, once again Dan Savage gets away with making a comment that, if said
by a conservative, would result in losing his job.

Ubiquitous

May 8, 2012, 5:55:55 AM5/8/12
• "Meanwhile, Christopher Reeve campaigns for stem cell research for the
handicapped. By cracking open fetuses and sucking out their juices, he soon
regains mobility, and even superpowers like the character he portrayed,
Superman."
--Wikipedia.org summary for "Krazy Kripples," aired March 19, 2003

• "Thousands of Pills Filled With Powdered Human Baby Flesh Discovered by
Customs Officials in South Korea"
--headline, Daily Mail (London), May 7

Ubiquitous

Jun 12, 2012, 8:10:31 PM6/12/12
� Cartman:"Yeah dude, I think your dog is gay." Stan: "What do you mean?"
Cartman: "That dog is a gay homosexual."
--from "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride," aired Sept. 3, 1997

� "The Romney's were on their journey by car, having their pet dog in a
basket for some 12 hours. On the way the dog was found suffering from
loose vowels. . . . A little later Mrs. Romney appeared on TV. Excusing
her family, she said: 'The dog looked gay then.' "
--Rodong Sinmun (North Korea), June 9, Juche 101

Ubiquitous

Jul 14, 2012, 9:00:00 AM7/14/12
� "After the TV show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy begins showing,
metrosexuality becomes a major fad among both the men and the boys, and
they all begin to act effeminate. At the school bus stop, instead of
their usual winter clothing, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny wear unmasculine
clothing. Kyle, who does not want to conform, is beaten up by a
metrosexual gang at school. . . . The women of the town are initially in
favor of their husbands' improved hygiene and willingness to communicate,
but soon tire of the men becoming increasingly
self-absorbed."
--Wikipedia.org episode summary for "South Park Is Gay!" aired
Oct. 22, 2003

� "Nigerian Man Wins Second Chance for Refugee Claim After Case Rejected
When He Couldn't Prove He Was Gay"
--headline, National Post (Canada), July 10, 2012

Ubiquitous

Sep 10, 2012, 7:16:30 PM9/10/12
� "Blame Canada"
--song title, "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut," 1999

� "U.S. Attack Ad Mistakenly Targets Alberta Minister"
--headline, CBC.ca, Sept. 6

Ubiquitous

Oct 3, 2012, 5:18:24 AM10/3/12
� "At a meeting to discuss their concern with the immigrants [from the
future], construction worker Darryl Weathers complains that they have
worked hard to get their pay high enough to make a living, but now are
being ousted by the time immigrants. The other workers voice their own
complaints, with each sentence finishing off with an increasingly slurred
and garbled exclamation of 'They took our jobs!' ('Dey turk err jurbs,'
'Durker durr,' etc), which later becomes their slogan."
--Wikipedia summary of "Goobacks," aired April 28, 2004

� " 'Rapid is all the rage,' [Dan] Rather told the crowd at Beasley
Coliseum in Pullman. 'With social networking, the bully, the dictator and
the scoundrel can now spread propaganda, manipulated with hyperbole, in
the time it takes to snap a finger.' "
--Spokesman (Spokane, Wash.), Sept. 28, 2012

Ubiquitous

Oct 12, 2012, 5:51:19 AM10/12/12
• "By now Kyle and Stan are disgusted with Reiner and his tactics, so
when Reiner offers them the opportunity for them to appear in an
anti-smoking TV commercial, they decline, but Cartman eagerly agrees.
Cartman appears in the commercial to claim he is dying of lung cancer
from second-hand smoke, but discovers at the end of the shoot that
Reiner and his group intend to kill him and claim it was from lung
cancer."
--Wikipedia summary of "Butt Out," aired Dec. 3, 2003

• "President Obama is losing his lead with women voters--but a Romney
presidency would be a disaster for American women. That's why Scarlett
Johansson, Eva Longoria, and Kerry Washington teamed up with director
Rob Reiner to make an ad reminding women where Romney stands on issues
that impact women most."
--MoveOn.org, Oct. 11, 2012

Ubiquitous

Dec 3, 2012, 5:54:52 AM12/3/12
• "Kyle, Stan, Cartman and Tweek get angry about Steven Spielberg and
George Lucas's habit of altering their films. . . . They decide to form
an organization to protect classic movies from changes. Cartman writes
'Free Hat' on the advertising poster in the belief that freebies are
necessary to attract people. However, the crowd mistakenly thinks the
rally is to free Hat McCullough, a fictional imprisoned baby killer. . .
. The boys are congratulated for getting Hat released from prison.
Despite the fact that Hat is obviously crazy and asks for a baby, the
crowd cheers for him and presents him with one."
--Wikipedia.org summary of "Free Hat!," aired July 10, 2002

• "Penn State Basketball With a Side Dish of Free Hat"
--headline, OnwardState.com, Nov. 28

Ubiquitous

Jan 6, 2013, 9:54:32 AM1/6/13
� "Cartman inherits a million dollars from his grandmother and fulfills
his lifelong dream of owning his own amusement park: Cartmanland!"
--plot summary, "Cartmanland," aired July 25, 2001

� "Should Your Children Pay for My Rollercoaster?"
--headline, AmericanThinker.com, Jan. 4, 2013

Ubiquitous

Feb 2, 2013, 11:02:06 AM2/2/13
� "After practice, Sparky appears and mounts another male dog. The next
day, after class, Stan asks his teacher Mr. Garrison what a homosexual
is, prompting Mr. Garrison to claim that 'Gay people are evil.' As a
result, Stan attempts to make his dog heterosexual. Later, Sparky
overhears a frustrated Stan ranting about how he wants a butch dog rather
than a gay dog. This prompts Sparky to run away to the mountains, ending
up at Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Sanctuary."
--Wikipedia summary of "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride,"
aired Sept. 3, 1997

� " 'Gay Dog' Saved From Execution by Frantic Facebook Campaign"
--headline, BuzzFeed.com, Jan. 31, 2013

Ubiquitous

Mar 28, 2013, 7:45:31 PM3/28/13
� "Gerald is litigating the biggest sexual harassment lawsuit ever,
Everyone v. Everyone, where he represents everyone who hires him to take
on everyone else (flagrantly disregarding conflict of interest in the
process)."
--Wikipedia summary of "Sexual Harassment Panda," aired
July 7, 1999

� "CA: Suit Aganist [sic] Everybody, Invites Anyone to Argue HSR in
Court"
--headline, MassTransitMag.com, March 28, 2013

Ubiquitous

May 7, 2013, 5:56:09 AM5/7/13
� "Cartman misinterprets news reports about piracy in Somalia to mean the
return of the classic era of swashbuckling pirates, and misleads a
handful of South Park boys to voyage to Mogadishu to start a pirate
crew."
--Wikipedia summary of "Fatbeard," aired April 22, 2009

� "A women's group in southwest England had an embarrassing encounter at
a recent meeting when members misinterpreted the idea behind a visiting
speaker's talk about pirates. The Parkham Women's Institute, a venerable
institution traditionally devoted to home-spun handicrafts and good
works, decided to get into the spirit of Captain Colin Darch's talk by
dressing in pirate garb. Neckerchiefs, eye patches and pirate hats were
widely sported, with a toy parrot thrown in for good measure.
Unfortunately, Captain Darch's topic focused on his 2008 ordeal at the
hands of Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean, when he was held hostage for
more than six weeks."
--NBCNews.com, May 2

Ubiquitous

May 14, 2013, 5:53:37 AM5/14/13
� "Gerald is litigating the biggest sexual harassment lawsuit ever,
Everyone v. Everyone, where he represents everyone who hires him to take on
everyone else (flagrantly disregarding conflict of interest in the
process)."
--Wikipedia summary of "Sexual Harassment Panda," aired July 7 1999

� "U.S. Rule Makes Every Student a Sex Harasser"
--headline, JoanneJacobs.com, May 11

Ubiquitous

May 17, 2013, 5:59:12 AM5/17/13
� "New state laws prohibiting fast food restaurants in low-income
neighborhoods result in the closure of all KFC eateries in Colorado, much
to the dismay of Cartman, who is addicted to the food. When Randy learns
that South Park's KFC outlet is now a medicinal marijuana dispensary, he
attempts to give himself cancer so he can get a doctor's referral for
marijuana. . . . Cartman seeks KFC chicken on the black market by working
for Billy Miller, a local boy who runs a small KFC cartel from his home.
After Cartman demonstrates his ruthlessness against a cheating street
dealer as well as paying his turf to Billy as promised, Billy sends him
to Corbin to buy chicken directly from Colonel Sanders. . . . As some
politicians present start to discuss ways to get around the problem, the
dispensary owner simply suggests that marijuana be legalized, arguing
that 'people are just abusing this medicinal system anyway.' "
--Wikipedia plot summary of "Medicinal Fried Chicken,"
aired March 31, 2010

� "A New Use for Gaza's Smuggling Tunnels: KFC Delivery"
--headline, ForeignPolicy.com, May 15

� "The nickname Mile High City took on a whole new meaning for Denver
last month with a major pot rally and the launch of a tour company
dedicated to marijuana-themed treks."
--TravelWeekly.com, May 14

Ubiquitous

May 30, 2013, 5:19:38 PM5/30/13
� "Mr. Garrison's class is visited by a friendly educational mascot,
Petey the Sexual Harassment Panda, who attempts to teach the kids about
sexual harassment so as to prevent it in school."
--Wikipedia summary for "Sexual Harassment Panda,"
aired July 7 1999

� "Panda Express Settles Hawaii Sex Harassment Suit"
--headline, Associated Press, May 29

Ubiquitous

Jun 3, 2013, 5:10:42 AM6/3/13
� "After the TV show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy begins showing,
metrosexuality becomes a major fad among both the men and the boys, and they
all begin to act effeminate. At the school bus stop, instead of their usual
winter clothing, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny wear unmasculine clothing. Kyle, who
does not want to conform, is beaten up by a metrosexual gang at school. Mr.
Garrison and Mr. Slave, the town's gay couple, are opposed to the fad since
they feel that the gay culture should be unique to gays. The women of the town
are initially in favor of their husbands' improved hygiene and willingness to
communicate, but soon tire of the men becoming increasingly self-absorbed."
--Wikipedia episode summary, "South Park Is Gay!," aired Oct 22, 2003

� "Player From Small Kansas School Announces He's Gay"

Ubiquitous

Aug 7, 2013, 5:32:45 AM8/7/13
• "Mrs. Garrison seeks to become a man again through the help of a new
medical procedure."
--Wikipedia.org summary of "Eek! A Penis!," aired April 9, 2008

• "I'm a Guy Again! ABC Newsman Who Switched Genders Wants to Switch Back"
--headline, New York Post, Aug. 6

Ubiquitous

Aug 27, 2013, 8:16:05 PM8/27/13
• "After the TV show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy begins showing,
metrosexuality becomes a major fad among both the men and the boys, and
they all begin to act effeminate. At the school bus stop, instead of
their usual winter clothing, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny wear unmasculine
clothing. Kyle, who does not want to conform, is beaten up by a
metrosexual gang at school. Mr. Garrison and Mr. Slave, the town's gay
couple, are opposed to the fad since they feel that the gay culture
should be unique to gays. The women of the town are initially in favor
of their husbands' improved hygiene and willingness to communicate, but
soon tire of the men becoming increasingly
self-absorbed."
--Wikipedia.org summary of "South Park Is Gay!,"
aired Oct. 22, 2003

• "Booker OK With Speculation That He's Gay: 'So What Does It Matter if
I Am?' "
--TalkingPointsMemo.com, Aug. 27, 2013

Ubiquitous

Sep 10, 2013, 5:57:26 AM9/10/13

� "Because the school board needs to cut costs, Sexual Harassment Panda
is fired. He cannot get a new job as a panda mascot, and refuses to
change his costume due to an apparently genuine belief that he is a
panda. Thus, he goes to the Island of Misfit Mascots Commune, for mascots
whose messages simply make no sense."
--Wikipedia.org episode summary of "Sexual Harassment Panda,"
aired July 7, 1999

� "Squirrel Picked as SunRail Safety Mascot"
--headline, News 13 website (Orlando, Fla.), Sept. 7

Ubiquitous

Sep 10, 2013, 6:52:01 PM9/10/13

• "South Park is in an uproar when its announced that Jared Fogle, a
spokesman for Subway, who rose to fame by losing 180 pounds on what he
claims was a diet consisting of Subway submarine sandwiches, is making a
public appearance. After Jared gives his speech in South Park, Cartman,
Stan, Kyle and Butters go to talk to him and Jared reveals to the boys
that he had some help losing weight: a personal trainer and a dietitian,
whom he refers to as his 'aides.' The boys convince Jared that he is
being dishonest by not telling people about this and the next day he
makes a public announcement that he has 'aides'; which everyone assumes
means Jared is saying he lost weight because he is infected with AIDS,
and Jared is left confused as to why people suddenly repulsed by him."
--Wikipedia.org episode summary for "Jared Has Aides," aired
March 6, 2002

• "Jared Leto on How He Lost Weight for AIDS Drama: 'I Stopped Eating'"
--headline, Reuters, Sept. 9

Ubiquitous

Oct 9, 2013, 5:05:03 AM10/9/13
• "Timmy and Jimmy, the two disabled children in South Park, are due to
participate in the Special Olympics in Denver. Cartman decides to fake
being disabled and beat all the handicapped children in the events and
win the $1,000 prize."
--Wikipedia.org description of "Up the Down Steroid,"
aired March 24, 2004

• "A Spanish court on Monday slapped a former sports boss with a fine of
5,400 euros ($7,300) for fielding athletes with no disabilities at the
2000 Paralympics in Sydney in order to win medals."
--Agence France-Presse, Oct. 7, 2013

Ubiquitous

Nov 5, 2013, 8:12:05 PM11/5/13
The O'Reilly Factor tonight has a story about a kid who got in trouble
for dressing up like a ghost at school for Halloween. Imagine that!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/02/article-2485213-192785D700000578-995_634x655.jpg

--
Q: Why is ObamaCare like a turd?
A: You have to pass it to see what's in it.

Barb May

Nov 5, 2013, 8:15:57 PM11/5/13
Ubiquitous wrote:
> The O'Reilly Factor tonight has a story about a kid who got in trouble
> for dressing up like a ghost at school for Halloween. Imagine that!
>
> http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/02/article-2485213-192785D700000578-995_634x655.jpg

You can't be this dense. Do you REALLY not recognize a KKK outfit when
you see one?
--
Barb

trotsky

Nov 6, 2013, 6:52:32 AM11/6/13
Of course Ubi is going to lie about it--he was the kid in the costume.

--
Never post something on the internet unless you have a point of
reference. You will look like a moron otherwise.

Ubiquitous

Nov 6, 2013, 6:10:19 PM11/6/13
Well, just like Nancy Pelosi, I see your obsession with racism is
obscuring your objective view of reality.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149906/hitler-is-cool

David Johnston

Nov 6, 2013, 6:23:37 PM11/6/13
On 11/5/2013 6:12 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> The O'Reilly Factor tonight has a story about a kid who got in trouble
> for dressing up like a ghost at school for Halloween. Imagine that!
>
> http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/02/article-2485213-192785D700000578-995_634x655.jpg

Ghosts do not normally have pointed hoods and a cross on their outfit.

Travoltron

Nov 6, 2013, 8:02:44 PM11/6/13
On 11/6/2013 3:23 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> Ghosts do not normally have pointed hoods and a cross on their outfit.

What about the ghosts of dead Klansmen?

Ubiquitous

Nov 8, 2013, 5:04:01 AM11/8/13

Ubiquitous

Jan 16, 2014, 5:54:17 AM1/16/14
"The story centers upon Wendy Testaburger's attempts to raise awareness
of media impact on body image, which leads to a crusade by recording
artist Kanye West to convince the world that his fianc�e, Kim Kardashian,
is not a hobbit."
--Wikipedia.org summary of "The Hobbit," aired Dec. 11, 2013

"Kanye West Allegedly Hits Teen Who Called Kim Kardashian a Racial Slur"
--headline, Chicago Tribune, Jan. 14, 2014

Ubiquitous

Feb 11, 2014, 5:05:36 AM2/11/14
Edna: "Seymour, the teachers are fed up. You have to start putting money
back into the school. You've cut back on everything: salaries, supplies,
the food--[takes a bite]--I don't care what you say, I can taste the
newspaper." Skinner: "Posh. Shredded newspapers add much-needed roughage
and essential inks. Besides, you didn't notice the old gym mats." Lunch
Lady Doris: "There's very little meat in these gym mats."
--from "The PTA Disbands," aired April 16, 1995

"Subway to Remove Chemical Found in Yoga Mats From Its Bread"
--headline, FoxNews.com, Feb. 6, 2014

weary flake

Feb 12, 2014, 11:28:40 AM2/12/14
You got The Simpsons and Southpark confused. Just remember on
South Park Lisa is called "Stan" and Bart is called "Cartman".

Ubiquitous

Apr 25, 2014, 6:05:36 AM4/25/14
Stan: "So it seems like we have enough people now. When do we start taking
down the corporations?" College know-it-all hippie 1: "Yeah man, the
corporations. Right now they're raping the world for money!" Kyle: "Yeah,
so, where are they. Let's go get 'em." College know-it-all hippie 2:
"Right now we're proving we don't need corporations. We don't need money.
This can become a commune where everyone just helps each other." Hippie 1:
"Yeah, we'll have one guy who like, who like, makes bread. A-and one guy
who like, l-looks out for other people's safety." Stan: "You mean like a
baker and a cop?" Hippie 2: "No no, can't you imagine a place where people
live together and like, provide services for each other in exchange for
their services?" Kyle: "Yeah, it's called a town." Driver: "You kids just
haven't been to college yet. But just you wait, this thing is about to get
huge."
--from "Die, Hippie, Die," aired March 16, 2005

"While the capitalist mode of production has done a great deal to
accelerate the development of technology and increase the availability of
consumer goods in the last few centuries, it has outlived its usefulness
and has in fact become destructive. Inequality, unemployment, financial
crises, and environmental devestation [sic] all point toward one
inevitable conclusion: we must get rid of capitalism, once and for all.
Hence we ask that the President work with Congressional leaders to develop
a more just and sustainable economic system not based on the profit motive
or the exploitation of waged labor."
--petition, WhiteHouse.gov, April 22, 2014

Ubiquitous

Apr 15, 2016, 7:50:23 AM4/15/16
• Hippie: “Right now we’re proving we don’t need corporations. We
don’t need money. This can become a commune where everyone just
helps each other.” Another Hippie: “Yeah, we’ll have one guy who
like, who like, makes bread. A-and one guy who like, l-looks out for
other people’s safety.” Stan: “You mean like a baker and a cop?”
First Hippie: “No no, can’t you imagine a place where people live
together and like, provide services for each other in exchange for
their services?” Kyle: “Yeah, it’s called a town.” Still another
hippie: “You kids just haven’t been to college yet. But just you
wait, this thing is about to get _huge_."
-- from "Die Hippie, Die," aired March 16, 2005

• "‘If we each grow a large crop of different food, we could all
trade with each other and eat for practically free.’ . . . Let’s
take the idea seriously. Hey, what if we all became small farmers
and traded with each other? As they say on the Internet: you’ll
never guess what happened next. Maybe instead of everybody growing
the same things, we could all produce what we’re best at and trade
with others for what we need. We could come up with a catchy name
for this, like ‘division of labor.’ And we would need somewhere to
exchange these goods with each other, which we could call a
‘market.’"
-- Robert Tracinski, Federalist, April 14, 2016

Rhino

Apr 15, 2016, 8:30:04 AM4/15/16
Amazing! They're reinventing the barter system and imagining that this
is something *new*....

--
Rhino

BTR1701

Apr 15, 2016, 1:34:27 PM4/15/16
Not to mention, not everyone wants to be a farmer.

Rhino

Apr 15, 2016, 1:49:31 PM4/15/16
The vast majority of people couldn't be farmers even if they wanted to
without massive retraining. I don't even have a houseplant; I know
NOTHING about growing potatoes or wheat or whatnot. I expect most other
city folk are the same.

But of course the "progressives" live in a fantasy world anyway. They
figure all you have to do is imagine something and it is already done.
They would have no idea how to do the necessary training or to make it
available to those who needed it.

The people who volunteered to be retrained as farmers would soon
disappear anyway once they realized that farming is HARD WORK. You don't
just sprinkle a few seeds and come back in a few months to reap a
bountiful crop. You have to deal with all kinds of things that simply
aren't "fair", like too much rain, too little rain, early frosts/snow,
plant diseases, even locusts on occasion. Then there's the cost of
buying and maintaining farm equipment - have they priced a combine or
tractor lately? - although they probably expect "volunteers" to do all
the work.

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Aug 9, 2016, 2:58:24 PM8/9/16
o "Jimmy begins using steroids to improve his chances in the special Olympics.
Meanwhile, Cartman disguises himself as a handicapped boy so he can enter as
well and win the cash prize."
-- IMDB plot summary, "Up the Down Steroid," aired March 24, 2004

o "Russia to Be Excluded From Rio Paralympics: IPC president says Russia
antidoping system is 'broken, corrupted and entirely compromised' "
-- headline and subheadline, The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 8, 2016

Ubiquitous

Aug 19, 2016, 3:08:26 PM8/19/16

o "Mr. Mackey announces to the parents and students of South Park Elementary
that Principal Victoria has been fired. She has been replaced by PC Principal,
an aggressive, muscular man who promises to change South Park and make people
aware of their racism and biases. When Kyle is given two weeks’ detention for
saying that Caitlyn Jenner is not a hero, his father, Gerald, confronts
Principal, and when he refers to Jenner as Bruce Jenner, Principal becomes
violent and throws them both out of his office. When Gerald, Randy Marsh,
Stuart McCormick and others speak critically of Jenner at a college bar, they
are confronted by a group of violent, politically correct college men who
insist that Jenner is stunning and brave."
-- Wikipedia summary of “Stunning and Brave,” aired Sept. 16, 2015

o "Barrett Dahl is Native American and a member of both the Choctaw and Sac
and Fox Nations. He is also autistic. He says he wore the Redskins shirt
because he was in Washington D.C. and because he sees it as a sense of
cultural pride. However, when he showed up wearing it at a Pow Wow that’s when
the trouble started. He says within seconds of sitting down he was approached
by [White House official] William Mendoza. ‘He comes to me and calls me the
name weetard not retard, weetard. “You’re a weetard for not understanding
Redskins is offensive,” ’ said Dahl on Wednesday."
-- KOTV website (Tulsa, Okla.), Aug. 17