She-Hulk writer: I received death threats after tweeting criticism of South Park

Ubiquitous

Feb 22, 2020, 3:54:10 PM2/22/20
On Feb. 13, Marvel writer Dana Schwartz tweeted what she thought was
mild criticism of South Park. "In retrospect," she tweeted, "it seems
impossible to overstate the cultural damage done by SOUTH PARK, the
show that portrayed earnestness as the only sin and taught that mockery
is the ultimate inoculation against all criticism." Schwartz was
quickly received a barrage of criticism via tweets, e-mails, blog posts
and even YouTube videos. "If you stand for anything online, someone
will find a way to tear it — and you — down," Schwartz writes in The
Washington Post, reflecting on the experience. "The trolls, the game-
theorizers, the 'both sides are equally bad' cynicism that had spread
from the 2016 election into today — all of it had a flavor too familiar
to me, a TV and comic-book writer who spent her middle-school years
watching Comedy Central too late at night: It was the ethos of South
Park.” Schwartz adds that her opinion wasn't something that critics
have written about before, but with less outrage. So, Schwartz adds,
"when I tweeted some of this casually on my way to work, I wasn’t
expecting the tsunami I unleashed. By my lunch break, massive alt-right
accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers had sicced their
sycophants on me, claiming that I was trying to "cancel South Park." By
the time I got home from work, nearly half a dozen videos on YouTube
had popped up like poisonous mushrooms, in which men raged that I was a
fat, ugly social-justice warrior liberal snowflake who couldn’t take a
joke. If you’ve never experienced online trolling, there’s not much I
can do to describe for you what it’s like. In the abstract, it seems
like it shouldn’t be able to hurt you. In reality, it’s hundreds of
thousands of people calling you an idiot, a bitch and worse — tweeting
at you faster than you can block them. You’ll receive emails, a good
chunk of them death threats, nearly all the rest vicious anti-Semitic
slurs. You’ll get notifications that strangers are trying to hack into
your personal accounts. People will bombard your employer with
complaints to get you fired from your job. All the while, you’re
implicitly barred from publicly sharing what’s happening to you lest
people criticize you for a) whining or b) making it all up for
attention. I didn’t call for South Park to be canceled. I didn’t even
say I hated the show! But the nuances of my point didn’t matter.
Painting critics as prudish, finger-wagging scolds is the go-to defense
mechanism for those who subscribed to the show’s fragile worldview.
They have to be the brave victims, the enlightened underdogs under
attack by the hectoring, anti-freedom censors."

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

anim8rfsk

Feb 22, 2020, 5:47:31 PM2/22/20
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:05:03 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> On Feb. 13, Marvel writer Dana Schwartz tweeted what she thought was
> mild criticism of South Park. "In retrospect," she tweeted, "it seems
> impossible to overstate the cultural damage done by SOUTH PARK, the
> show that portrayed earnestness as the only sin and taught that mockery
> is the ultimate inoculation against all criticism." Schwartz was
> quickly received a barrage of criticism via tweets, e-mails, blog posts
> and even YouTube videos. "If you stand for anything online, someone
> will find a way to tear it — and you — down," Schwartz writes in The
> Washington Post,

No genuine journalistic source would print her crap

> reflecting on the experience. "The trolls, the game-
> theorizers, the 'both sides are equally bad' cynicism that had spread
> from the 2016 election into today — all of it had a flavor too familiar
> to me, a TV and comic-book writer who spent her middle-school years
> watching Comedy Central too late at night: It was the ethos of South
> Park.” Schwartz adds that her opinion wasn't something that critics
> have written about before, but with less outrage. So, Schwartz adds,
> "when I tweeted some of this casually on my way to work, I wasn’t
> expecting the tsunami I unleashed. By my lunch break, massive alt-right

And she knows this because? Oh, right, she's lying.

> accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers had sicced their
> sycophants on me, claiming that I was trying to "cancel South Park." By
> the time I got home from work, nearly half a dozen videos on YouTube
> had popped up like poisonous mushrooms, in which men raged that I was a
> fat, ugly social-justice warrior liberal snowflake

Well, sort of. She's mostly a schlump, like Amy Farrah Fowler

> who couldn’t take a
> joke. If you’ve never experienced online trolling, there’s not much I
> can do to describe for you what it’s like. In the abstract, it seems
> like it shouldn’t be able to hurt you. In reality, it’s hundreds of
> thousands of people calling you an idiot, a bitch and worse

So the truth hurts?

> — tweeting
> at you faster than you can block them. You’ll receive emails, a good
> chunk of them death threats, nearly all the rest vicious anti-Semitic
> slurs. You’ll get notifications that strangers are trying to hack into
> your personal accounts. People will bombard your employer with
> complaints to get you fired from your job.

That should have happened a long time ago.

> All the while, you’re
> implicitly barred from publicly sharing what’s happening to you lest
> people criticize you for a) whining or b) making it all up for
> attention. I didn’t call for South Park to be canceled. I didn’t even
> say I hated the show! But the nuances of my point didn’t matter.
> Painting critics as prudish, finger-wagging scolds is the go-to defense
> mechanism for those who subscribed to the show’s fragile worldview.
> They have to be the brave victims, the enlightened underdogs under
> attack by the hectoring, anti-freedom censors."

LOL, she's so delusional she thinks she's enlightened.

She's come out for NO NOVELS BY WHITE MEN IN HIGH SCHOOLS FOR THE NEXT 20
YEARS
And considers the OTHER side to be the anti-freedom censors?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Danart

Mar 31, 2020, 10:22:07 PM3/31/20
wasnt
> expecting the tsunami I unleashed. By my lunch break, massive
alt-right
> accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers had sicced their
> sycophants on me, claiming that I was trying to "cancel South
Park." By
> the time I got home from work, nearly half a dozen videos on
YouTube
> had popped up like poisonous mushrooms, in which men raged that I
was a
> fat, ugly social-justice warrior liberal snowflake who couldnt take
> joke. If youve never experienced online trolling, theres not much I

> can do to describe for you what its like. In the abstract, it seems

> like it shouldnt be able to hurt you. In reality, its hundreds of
> thousands of people calling you an idiot, a bitch and worse
tweeting
> at you faster than you can block them. Youll receive emails, a good

> chunk of them death threats, nearly all the rest vicious
anti-Semitic
> slurs. Youll get notifications that strangers are trying to hack
into
> your personal accounts. People will bombard your employer with
> complaints to get you fired from your job. All the while, youre
> implicitly barred from publicly sharing whats happening to you lest

> people criticize you for a) whining or b) making it all up for
> attention. I didnt call for South Park to be canceled. I didnt even

> say I hated the show! But the nuances of my point didnt matter.
> Painting critics as prudish, finger-wagging scolds is the go-to
defense
> mechanism for those who subscribed to the shows fragile worldview.

> They have to be the brave victims, the enlightened underdogs under

> attack by the hectoring, anti-freedom censors."
>
> --
> Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump"
is like
> watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

Also
her name is "Schwartz" does that sound like a trustworthy
source against South Park?

I honestly think she probably hates or dislike the constant Jewish
references most likely. I doubt she could care about the racism and
constant promotion of LGBT

Honestly I do not feel Family guy is legal at all.

Most of the writing was entirely low-blow attacking men in general. By
that mostly white men who are successful.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=530591172#530591172

Travoltron

Apr 5, 2020, 9:42:22 PM4/5/20
She's a dumb cunt of a diversity hire.

Another one of these people that think they should be able to say
whatever dumbass thing they want and nobody has the right to disagree.

It's the same dumb navel-gazers that think only people of their
gender/race/sexuality get troll comments.