Master Got Me Workin'

Eric Christophersen

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
song?
It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
It's killing me.

San...@outhere.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
That would be Mecha-Streisand.

THE Sandman.

Toni

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
It's from Mechastreisand, and the complete lyrics are:

Cartman: Day's never finished, massa got me workin'; someday massa set
me free-
Stan: Dude shut up Cartman!

-Toni

Lone Wolf (Chris Baile)

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 16:05:55 -0500, Eric Christophersen
<eric.chri...@tatham.com> wrote:

>Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
>song?
>It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
>It's killing me.

Mechastreisand... im the beginning when Garrison's class is digging
for arrowheads.

-----
Lone Wolf
My Kung-Fu is the best.

"It was as if the lights dimmed just for him."
- Steve Buscemi, Desperado

"I've been called alot of things, but 'skeptical' is
not one of them."
- Fox Mulder, The X-Files

the_da...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
In article <3613EEB3...@tatham.com>,

eric.chri...@tatham.com wrote:
> Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
> song?
> It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
> It's killing me.

Mecha-Streisand

the davester
No .sig today.

Michael Bungey

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
In article <3613EEB3...@tatham.com>, Eric Christophersen
<eric.chri...@tatham.com> writes

>Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
>song?
>It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
>It's killing me.

The lyric's
"Slave's never finished, master's got me working, someday master set me
free", and is from the Mecha-Streisand episode, penultimate ep of the
first series...
--
Michael Bungey

To avoid follow ups finishing up in a tin of spam please address replies to
michael.bungey@ rather than spam@

ICQ no 16788727

Michael Bungey

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
In article <36145A22...@inreach.com>, Bill Mentor
<men...@inreach.com> writes

>[ A MIME text / html part was included here. ]

Turn the Fucking HTML crap off.

new-SPANDEX chile

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
[someone], writes this bit...

>Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
>song?
>It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
>It's killing me.

mecha streisland!
the song goes vaguely!...
day is nearly finished,
master's got me workin',
someday master set me free...
--
new-SPANDEX chile
"I live in fear!"

cyberwolf

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98
For the first line I hear "been around the world" it dosen't quite make
sense thought...does it.

~Cyberwolf

new-SPANDEX chile

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
cyberwolf <cyber...@adelphia.net> writes this bit...

>For the first line I hear "been around the world" it dosen't quite make
>sense thought...does it.
>
>~Cyberwolf

No,It don't make sense,but I listened again and it's a valid
suggestion...but alas...it isn't even "day is nearly finished"(which I
wrote/write[which one])

true words..."Day Is never finished[background clonk],
Master's got me workin'[more clonks]
Someday mater set me free[clonks inbetween]"
KYLE: "Dude,shut up cartman"

csre...@yahoo.com

Jun 4, 2014, 12:46:22 AM6/4/14
The song is called "swing low sweet chariot" and it is a version of the original song, that most people dont sing any more due to most of the "disagreeable" content. Todays version is mostly the chorus line over and over. It is not just a some song that the writers made up for cart man to sing . Good luck finding the rest of the lyrics. If you want the rest of the original lyrics you are going to have a hard time finding it.

tbe...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 10:28:24 AM11/7/14
On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:46:22 AM UTC-4, csre...@yahoo.com wrote:
> The song is called "swing low sweet chariot" and it is a version of the original song, that most people dont sing any more due to most of the "disagreeable" content. Todays version is mostly the chorus line over and over. It is not just a some song that the writers made up for cart man to sing . Good luck finding the rest of the lyrics. If you want the rest of the original lyrics you are going to have a hard time finding it

Dude, wtf are you talking about? I've been a musician for thirty five years, and I was in choruses that sang Swing Low at least ten times.

First of all, the song IS fictitous. There is no slave song or work song that has these lyrics. Secondly, there is no 'other' version of Swing Low. It was written by a Choctaw Indian named Wallis, I forget his first name.

, Swing Low doesn't have any "disagreeable" lyrics unless you are a klansman that doesn't think negroes have souls to be able to go to heaven. It is a spiritual song about longing for the rapture. It also refers to escaping slavery via the underground railroad. The only thing, the two songs have in common is a hope that the situation the singer is in will change.

And as for the difficulty in finding the lyrics:

Here is Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home,
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
I looked over Jordan, and what did I see
Coming for to carry me home?
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.
Chorus
Sometimes I'm up, and sometimes I'm down,
(Coming for to carry me home)
But still my soul feels heavenly bound.
(Coming for to carry me home)
Chorus
The brightest day that I can say,
(Coming for to carry me home)
When Jesus washed my sins away.
(Coming for to carry me home)

Chorus
If you get there before I do,
(Coming for to carry me home)
Tell all my friends I'm coming there too.
(Coming for to carry me home)

BURN'T RAT GAMES

Oct 5, 2022, 5:10:51 PM10/5/22
On Thursday, October 1, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Eric Christophersen wrote:
> Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
> song?
> It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
> It's killing me.
S1 EP12
happy to help. I'm from 2022

Adi Arora

Apr 9, 2023, 5:27:22 PM4/9/23
On Thursday, 1 October 1998 at 03:00:00 UTC-4, Eric Christophersen wrote:
> Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
> song?
> It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
> It's killing me.
bro

Wagner Filmora

May 21, 2023, 9:47:13 PM5/21/23
On Thursday, October 1, 1998 at 4:00:00 PM UTC+9, Eric Christophersen wrote:
> Can somebody tell me which episode Cartman starts singing that slave
> song?
> It goes something like 'du du du du duh, master got me workin'.
> It's killing me.
Mecha-Streisand
SOUTH PARK
Season 1 E 12 • 02/18/1998