Re: [NEWS] "Rick and Morty vs. Genocider" special anime short; what serialization?

weary flake

Jul 28, 2020, 7:21:54 PM7/28/20
On 2020-07-28 03:31:06 +0000, Your Name said:

> Rick and Morty had been previously renewed for 70 episodes, spread
> out over an undetermined amount of seasons, although a typical
> Rick and Morty season is 10 episodes. Justin Roiland and Dan
> Harmon have stated that there will be a serialized element to
> every episode of Season 4, while each will feature a strong story
> that stands on its own as well.

I haven't seen any Rick or Morty season 4, so it's already
started serializing? Serializiation can only be a detraction
in a comedy, implying that season 4 has become inferior. The only
comedy programs with story archs that I sort of like are Loudermilk
season 1 from 2017 and Dan For Mayor season 1 from 2010, and in each
the comedy is decremented by their archs. I haven't seen later
episodes of those because they aren't available in disc format and I
take comedy seriously enough to restrict my viewing to shows that
are serious enough to produce disc verions for home video. If Rick
and Morty has jumped into serialization it's no wonder they've made
no discs for season 4, it much be pretty bad, so I'll remember to
avoid.

South Park became unwatchable starting in season 19 from 2015 with
it's arch about PC Thugs, and more recent episodes like Banned
In China are no good because they continue to be non-comedys; a few
ideas about winnie the pooh persecuted by communists and disney
supporting the communist party are funny/true, but a handful of
cute ideas are ruined by forcing the dramatic method, that goes
along with arching, into comedy.