Paulie Quote

The Wolf

Jan 20, 2009, 4:37:35 PM1/20/09
They ate pootsie before we gave them the gift of our cuisine.

Can someone point me to an online definition os "pootsie? I can't find one,
is it Italian or Jersey slang?

Judge Mental

Jan 20, 2009, 5:02:04 PM1/20/09
"The Wolf" <elv...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pootsie

But I prefer pootitank:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pootitank

Dick Hertz

Jan 20, 2009, 6:42:10 PM1/20/09

"Judge Mental" <judge...@nowhere.co.org> wrote in message

aka 'poontang' here in Chicago. Can't believe that isn't in the urban
dictionary.

The Wolf

Jan 20, 2009, 6:49:55 PM1/20/09
I don't get it. They ate grumpy people before our cuisine? The rest of the
scene is classic. I think they fucked up pootsie.

On 1/20/09 2:02 PM, in article
iaGdnU2enN9D1OvU...@posted.plusnet, "Judge Mental"

Joseph S. Powell, III

Mar 8, 2009, 8:05:31 PM3/8/09

"The Wolf" <elv...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

.........."Putzi"? (Adolf Hitler's "possible homo-boyfriend" during the
roaring 20's?

npit...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2019, 7:47:16 PM6/23/19
Puzzi is a form of puzzo: stink or foul smell
I can only imagine they were going for the ‘eating garbage’ angle when he said it. Not the best choice of words, but again Tony and his crew messed up words and phases constantly.

Lynnette Vallecorse

Apr 18, 2022, 2:52:22 PM4/18/22
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 7:47:16 PM UTC-4, npit...@gmail.com wrote:
> Puzzi is a form of puzzo: stink or foul smell
> I can only imagine they were going for the ‘eating garbage’ angle when he said it. Not the best choice of words, but again Tony and his crew messed up words and phases constantly.

The Italian immigrants who landed in NY and NJ say Pootsie for shit. So Paulie was saying they ate shit before the Italians came along. This I am sure of as it's my family's word. When I heard Paulie say it, I laughed out loud. For the longest time, I thought it was my family's secret word. HAHAHA

Michael Massa

May 22, 2022, 7:19:06 PM5/22/22
There is another source / meaning for Pootsie. It is one of those little naked cherub angels in Italian paintings. My family was from Tuscany so the dialect was different, but Pootsie basically meant a fat little child. In NJ, most of the Italians were from a little farther south, so the same word could have had the meaning of garbage or sh*t, but it would appear that there are two different words which ended up pronounced more or less the same, puzzo for foul smell and putto for cherub. The plural of putto is putti, which in the Tuscony dialect of the early 1900s would be pronounced pootsie.