Jennifer Lopez: Ayo Edebiri "apologized with tears in her eyes" at SNL after her podcast comments calling her a “scam” were resurfaced

Terrence Clay

Feb 13, 2024, 8:02:11 PMFeb 13
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/jennifer-lopez-ayo-edebiri-apologized-snl-podcast-comments-1235908800/

“She was mortified and very sweet,” Lopez told Variety about Edebiri after the two appeared together on SNL earlier this month. ”She came to my dressing room and apologized with tears in her eyes, saying how terrible it was that she had said those things. She felt really badly and loved my performance because we had just done my soundcheck and she actually got to hear me perform. She was just like, ‘I’m so f*cking sorry, it was so awful of me.’” Edebiri ended up obliquely referencing the controversy in one of her sketches.

Joel

Feb 15, 2024, 2:15:40 PMFeb 15
GIRL play that game fine but there was no lie.