The Real Reason SNL Had No Choice But To Fire Adam Sandler

Terrence Clay

Jul 2, 2022, 7:36:30 PM7/2/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRzSpcO3XA

Saturday Night Live has been a staple in comedy for over 40 years. With a long list of heavy hitters that have come through the doors of Studio H at 30 Rock, SNL has maintained a level of success never seen in another sketch comedy show. Though one of it's most successful alumni, Adam Sandler, was fired after just a few short years on the show. Leaving SNL behind, Adam Sandler became one of the biggest movie stars on the planet. But how did Sandler make all this possible?

Mubarak Mohammed

Jul 5, 2022, 1:23:27 PM7/5/22
He hosted SNL semi recently and did a fantastic job. On Howard Stern, Sandler
basically said he wasn't rehired, but said he wasn't salty towards SNL at all
years later b/c of all SNL did for him. I wouldn't say he was fired, more so
he just wasn't rehired for further seasons. At the end of the day, Sandler
and SNL clearly still have a great relationship and Sandler has done well.
Basically the culture and times changed, and so did the cast. At the end of
the day, it was a happy ending for both parties, but I personally don't find
SNL that entertaining anymore and Sandler's movies are hit or miss, but he is
a super nice guy, that is for sure.