Ellen DeGeneres "flattered" by Jason Sudeikis' "Mellen" SNL spoof

Terrence Clay

Oct 28, 2021, 6:08:27 PM10/28/21
https://www.etonline.com/ellen-degeneres-reacts-to-jason-sudeikis-mellen-spoof-on-saturday-night-live-174372

"Portia (de Rossi) and I were sitting at home watching, as we do every Saturday night, and we're on our couch. We're trying to get rid of this wine that was stuck in a bottle," DeGeneres said on her show. "And suddenly we're watching a sketch that comes up with Jason Sudeikis dressed like the male version of me, and it was a parody on my show. They called it 'Mellen.' It was hilarious." DeGeneres proceeded to play a clip from the sketch before noting, "I would actually watch that show. You know, we should do that. After we finish this season. We should do a show like that. I love it. I'm flattered by that."

Ubiquitous

Nov 2, 2021, 10:00:34 AM11/2/21
tmc...@gmail.com wrote:

>"Portia (de Rossi) and I were sitting at home watching, as we do every
>Saturday night, and we're on our couch. We're trying to get rid of this
>wine that was stuck in a bottle," DeGeneres said on her show. "And suddenly
>we're watching a sketch that comes up with Jason Sudeikis dressed like the
>male version of me, and it was a parody on my show. They called it 'Mellen.'
>It was hilarious." DeGeneres proceeded to play a clip from the sketch before
>noting, "I would actually watch that show. You know, we should do that.
>After we finish this season. We should do a show like that. I love it. I'm
>flattered by that."

Yeah, right. Ellen was probably so worked up about it that it took Portia all
night to calm her down.

--
Let's go Brandon!

BTR1701

Nov 2, 2021, 2:05:45 PM11/2/21
She'd have to teach the new host all the tricks she uses to tyrannically abuse
her staff.

BTR1701

Nov 2, 2021, 9:29:32 PM11/2/21
In article <n001fa50-6cb8-4b7d...@googlegroups.com>,
tmc...@gmail.com wrote:

> https://www.etonline.com/ellen-degeneres-reacts-to-jason-sudeikis-mellen-spoof
> -on-saturday-night-live-174372
>
> "Portia (de Rossi) and I were sitting at home watching, as we do every
> Saturday night, and we're on our couch. We're trying to get rid of this
> wine that was stuck in a bottle," DeGeneres said on her show. "And suddenly
> we're watching a sketch that comes up with Jason Sudeikis dressed like the
> male version of me, and it was a parody on my show. They called it 'Mellen.'
> It was hilarious." DeGeneres proceeded to play a clip from the sketch before
> noting, "I would actually watch that show. You know, we should do that.
> After we finish this season. We should do a show like that. I love it. I'm
> flattered by that."

She'd have to take the time to teach him how to properly abuse his staff.

Ubiquitous

Nov 3, 2021, 7:53:07 AM11/3/21
Heh.

Ubiquitous