Justin Timberlake: Why I'm a musical guest and not a host on this week's SNL

Terrence Clay

Jan 25, 2024, 8:26:05 PMJan 25
https://deadline.com/2024/01/justin-timberlake-selfish-snl-1235804533/

Timberlake, a Five-Timers Club member who last appeared on Saturday Night Live nine years ago for the show's 40th anniversary special, says of being a musical guest this week: “I flirted with the idea of, should I host or ask to host? And then I just thought, ‘No, this album is really special to me in a different, different way.’…but I also cannot imagine that I won’t get pulled into a sketch or two. It’s only natural. And I’m here for it. That’s always fun. SNL, for me, in any capacity. I’ve hosted five, but I don’t even know how many times I’ve been on the show.”