"A New Low": SNL Wrecked For Skit Mocking Elise Stefanik In College Anti-Semitism Hearing - "If there is no truth in satire, it's not funny. This isn't funny."

Ubiquitous

Dec 11, 2023, 8:39:17 AM12/11/23
Sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” was roundly mocked online this
weekend for its cold open on Saturday which bizarrely targeted GOP Rep. Elise
Stefanik (NY) for her questions during a recent Congressional hearing on
anti-Semitism in colleges and universities, instead of the college leaders
who were widely panned for their testimonies.

During the hearing, University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill refused
to acknowledge that calling for the genocide of Jews violates UPenn’s code of
conduct on bullying and harassment. The testimony was so jarring, it
culminated in Magill’s resignation on Saturday following wide backlash, as
reported by The Daily Wire.

The cold open, however, largely took aim at Rep. Stefanik, who was visibly
stunned that the collegiate leaders seemed to run cover for students calling
for genocide of Jews (video below). And folks online noticed.

“A new low for SNL,” Winston Marshall remarked. Conservative Emily Zanotti
commented in response, “I mean, I get that SNL is typically a mess, but how
do you watch that hearing and come out of it thinking Stefanik was the right
target of satire?”

I mean, I get that SNL is typically a mess, but how do you watch
that hearing and come out of it thinking Stefanik was the right
target of satire? https://t.co/g4jBOf1Nf4

— Emily Zanotti ?? (@emzanotti) December 10, 2023

“If there is no truth in satire, it’s not funny,” Rob Carson said. “This
isn’t funny.”

If there is no truth in satire, it's not funny. This isn't funny.

— Rob Carson Show (@RobCarson) December 10, 2023

“After three university presidents were universally panned for their
testimony about anti-Semitism on campus, SNL decided that [Elise Stefanik]
was the one who embarrassed herself,” Greg Price posted.

After three university presidents were universally panned for their
testimony about anti-Semitism on campus, SNL decided that
@EliseStefanik was the one who embarrassed herself.
https://t.co/wSympwPfEj

— Greg Price (@greg_price11) December 10, 2023

X account Libs of TikTok commented, “[Elise Stefanik] handled the pro
[genocide] University Presidents beautifully. So of course SNL mocks her.
This is so difficult to watch. Isn’t SNL supposed to be funny?”

.@EliseStefanik handled the pro g*noc*de University Presidents
beautifully. So of course SNL mocks her. This is so difficult to
watch. Isn’t SNL supposed to be funny? https://t.co/dBEgTJ66tU

— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) December 10, 2023

“This is the worst SNL opener in the history of the show,” X account Citizen
Free Press said. “No one in the audience is laughing. This plays like a
humiliation ritual.”

This is the worst SNL opener in the history of the show. No one in
the audience is laughing. This plays like a humiliation ritual.
https://t.co/ZDTi8csubC

— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) December 10, 2023

“Serious question: Is there anyone on either side that actually thinks this
is funny?” noted another conservative politico. “I mean there was plenty of
comedic material from that hearing, but SNL somehow managed to cover it in
the cringiest way imaginable.”

Serious question: Is there anyone on either side that actually
thinks this is funny?

I mean there was plenty of comedic material from that hearing, but
SNL somehow managed to cover it in the cringiest way imaginable.

https://t.co/jP1S84iGCk

— AG (@AGHamilton29) December 10, 2023

Rabbi Shmuel Reichman called the skit the “most embarrassing” he’s ever seen.

“In a postmodern world, people think they get to choose their truth, and then
rewrite everything in order to fit their narrative. So SNL had a moral
choice: … admit the obvious: that the testimony of the presidents of Harvard,
Penn, and MIT were universally considered to be one of the most disastrous
congressional testimonies in U.S. history – testifying in front of Congress
that they could not condemn calls for genocide against Jews unless they
became ‘conduct,'” he wrote. “Or stand by the cringeworthy stance of the
radical left, that antisemitism is ‘cool and hip,’ and Elise Stefanik was the
one who made a fool of herself. Guess which one SNL chose?”

This is the most embarrassing SNL skit I have EVER seen!

In a postmodern world, people think they get to choose their truth,
and then rewrite everything in order to fit their narrative.

So SNL had a moral choice:

1- Admit the obvious: that the testimony of the presidents of…
pic.twitter.com/ygtAN1KgBD

— Rabbi Shmuel Reichman (@ReichmanShmuel) December 10, 2023

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/Ep-OnsDieFQ

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ian J. Ball

Dec 11, 2023, 9:09:16 AM12/11/23
On 12/11/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> Sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” was roundly mocked online this
> weekend for its cold open on Saturday which bizarrely targeted GOP Rep. Elise
> Stefanik (NY) for her questions during a recent Congressional hearing on
> anti-Semitism in colleges and universities, instead of the college leaders
> who were widely panned for their testimonies.

Yep - even Reddit thought the skit was terrible, and many of them are
Commies.

Ubiquitous

Dec 11, 2023, 3:05:48 PM12/11/23
:-O

super70s

Dec 12, 2023, 8:59:48 PM12/12/23
> Sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” was roundly mocked online this
> weekend for its cold open on Saturday which bizarrely targeted GOP Rep. Elise
> Stefanik (NY) for her questions during a recent Congressional hearing on
> anti-Semitism in colleges and universities,

It is bizarre since there are so many Republicans more famous than
Stefanik saying stupid things on other subjects to make fun of.