"This Is Not Funny. This Is Insane": Social Media Buries SNL Celebrating Abortion With "Goober The Clown"

Ubiquitous

Nov 9, 2021, 9:12:03 AM11/9/21
On Saturday, NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” ran a completely unfunny skit with
cast member Cecily Strong dressed as a clown named “Goober” boasting that she
had had an abortion before her 23rd birthday, declaring, “It’s gonna happen
so it oughta be safe, legal and accessible.”

SNL cast member Colin Jost “interviewed” Strong, beginning with this
preamble: “The Supreme Court heard arguments this week in Women’s Whole
Health v. Texas about the controversial Texas law that essentially bans all
abortions after just six weeks. Here to cheer us up — well, this can’t be
right — Goober the clown, who had an abortion when she was 23.”

Strong: Hey, hey! I’m Goober the clown.

Jost: So, Goober, you had an abortion when you were 23?

Strong: Whoa. Slow down. I’m a clown. Let’s clown around.
Hey, smell this flower.

Jost: You’re not gonna squirt me, are ya?

Strong: Oh, I would never.

Jost, bending toward her, “Okay.”

Strong, squirting him, “Oh, gotcha. Gotcha.
I had an abortion the day before my 23rd birthday!”

Jost, laughing, “Okay. It seems like you do want to talk about your
abortion.”

Strong: Well, actually, I really don’t. But people keep bringing it
up, so I gotta keep talking about freaking abortion. But it’s a
rough zsubject, so we’re gonna do fun clown stuff to make it more
palatable. Whee! Hey, who wants a balloon animal? You want a giraffe?

Jost: You don’t have to do this, Cecily?

Strong: Who’s Cecily? I’m Goober. And I wish I didn’t have to do
this because the abortion I had at 23 is my personal clown business.
But that’s all some people in this country wanna discuss all the
time, even though clown abortion was legalized in Clown v. Wade in
1973. (handing him a balloon)

Jost: Can you stop saying clown abortion? And what is this?

Strong: It’s a worm, I don’t know. Hey! Hey! Did you know one in
three clowns will have a clown abortion in her lifetime? You don’t
cause they don’t tell you. They don’t even know how to talk to other
clowns about it, because when they do talk about it, if you were a
clown who wasn’t a victim of something sad, like clowncest, they
think your clown abortion wasn’t a righteous clown abortion, I mean,
what the dick is that?

Jost: I don’t think you can say that word on the show.

Strong: What, abortion?

Jost: I guess, kinda, yeah.

Strong: You know, it’s funny Colin, we’re having fun, just laugh.
Pull my finger.

Strong: Laugh. I need it. I need you to laugh so hard, like the way
I laughed when the doctor asked if I got pregnant on the way over to
the clinic, cause I wasn’t very far along. And that is one of my
favorite jokes to this day. I love that joke; it’s such a good joke,
not like a funny ha-ha joke, but like, a funny you’re-not-an-awful-
person-and-your-life-isn’t-over-now joke, the best kind. A honka
honka! Good horn!

I’m not a clown. And in the waiting room, they had a little guest
book where all the clowns could write their clown abortion story for
the next clown to read it so she wouldn’t feel so alone. Awooga!
And then years later, you’ll be at a dinner with a big group of
clowns. One clown will go out on a limb and say she’s had an abortion
and then like eight other clowns at the table will say they’ve had
an abortion too cause that’s how common it is, and then everyone’s
excited and relieved to be talking about it, but it’s like, “Wow!
We kept this secret for so long despite being so grateful it
happened.” Honka honka!

Jost: So, I’m, wait, are clowns really women?

Strong: Excuse me? Wow, okay, Colin Jost thinks women are clowns.
Cool.

Jost: That’s not what I said.

Strong, swallowing some helium, “Here’s my truth. I know I wouldn’t
be a clown on TV here today if it weren’t for the abortion I had the
day before my 23rd birthday. Clowns have been helping each other and
their pregnancies since the caves. It’s gonna happen so it oughta be
safe, legal, and accessible. We will not go back to the alley. I
mean, the last thing anyone wants is a bunch of dead clowns in a dark
alley.”

Jost: “Goober the clown, everyone!”

Social media condemned the skit en masse:

Sacrificing your child to play a clown on SNL.

Not worth it. https://t.co/41HlcpSLt0
— Lila Rose (@LilaGraceRose) November 8, 2021

This is the single, saddest, most not funny thing I've ever seen
in my life. Pitiful and soulless. And painful. And sad.
https://t.co/Hbm9KenL3P
— Annie Frey (@anniefreyshow) November 8, 2021

This is not funny. This is insane. https://t.co/iX2K7J4EzN
— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) November 7, 2021

This is one of the saddest, most asinine things I’ve ever seen.

Over 60 million human beings have been killed LEGALLY in our country
since 1973. That’s the Holocaust times ten. It’s the greatest human
rights crisis of our time, and these folks think “Goober” is an apt
answer. https://t.co/s4xLl48s4D
— Denny Burk (@DennyBurk) November 8, 2021

There is nothing funny about abortion, it is the horrific murder
of a baby in the womb by puncturing its skull. This isn't funny
Comcast NBC. https://t.co/ioqxoQLCvd
— Mary Miller (@Miller_Congress) November 7, 2021

This skit is like if Samantha Bee and Hannah Gadsby mind-melded to
create the unfunniest thing in human history. That's how bad it is.
https://t.co/2IXHd7ONb5
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) November 7, 2021

The left is simply not funny in any way. https://t.co/PJ7wUj7FL1
— Allie Beth Stuckey (@conservmillen) November 7, 2021

SNL’s target audience has become those who think Hannah Gadsby is
funny… and not those who think Dave Chappelle is funny.
https://t.co/7yGqE8Ufji
— Joseph A. Wulfsohn (@JosephWulfsohn) November 7, 2021

Everyone involved in @nbcsnl is garbage https://t.co/718FZWXXDp
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) November 7, 2021

I see what they're trying to do, but the character they created is
clearly haunted by their abortion and seeking others in the same boat
to try to convince herself it's perfectly normal and OK. Surprised
@nbcsnl put this on the air. https://t.co/GhiYLuVQpc
— Derek Hunter (@derekahunter) November 7, 2021

left-wing comedy has become…

*checks notes*

abortion clownery https://t.co/MS1n41MOWW
— Angela Morabito (@AngelaLMorabito) November 8, 2021

--
Let's go Brandon!

BTR1701

Nov 9, 2021, 12:48:37 PM11/9/21
In article <smdvjh$40m$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> [...]

> an abortion too cause that's how common it is, and then everyone's
> excited and relieved to be talking about it, but it's like, "Wow!
> We kept this secret for so long despite being so grateful it
> happened." Honka honka!
>
> JOST: So, I'm, wait, are clowns really women?
>
> STRONG: Excuse me? Wow, okay, Colin Jost thinks women are clowns.
> Cool.
>
> JOST: That's not what I said.
>
> STRONG, swallowing some helium: "Here's my truth. I know I wouldn't
> be a clown on TV here today if it weren't for the abortion I had the
> day before my 23rd birthday. Clowns have been helping each other end
> their pregnancies since the caves. It's gonna happen so it oughta be
> safe, legal, and accessible. We will not go back to the alley. I
> mean, the last thing anyone wants is a bunch of dead clowns in a dark

Wow, that was just hilarious. And the studio audience thought so too.
You could tell by the silence after most of the jokes, and the audible
groans through after some of them. Remember when the Left's mantra about
abortion was that it should be "safe, legal, and rare"? Well, no more.
Now it's "Be proud of your abortions, the more the better!"

The usual leftist pundits are talking about how poignant and courageous
this was and saying she should get an Emmy for it.

?!?!?!?

It was one of the cringeyist things I've seen on TV in long time.

anim8rfsk

Nov 9, 2021, 1:54:06 PM11/9/21
Remember the message of DEFILING GRAVITY?

“Abortion should be illegal, and everyone should have one.”

trotsky

Nov 10, 2021, 4:26:01 AM11/10/21
Lying as usual.