THE REAL ARTURO SLID!

Slider17

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

I want to end any and all confusion about the professor. In the episode
Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome, there was some confusion about which
Arturo slid. There have been misleading lines and mysterious actions,
but the creator of sliders (Tracy Torme) said himself that the REAL ONE
SLID. This was found in an interview about him a while back. Also, in
an interview with Sabrina Lloyid, she asked the writers and they said
the RIGHT ONE SLID. They may have made some mistakes in this area, but
their intention was that the RIGHT ONE SLID. I can't vouch for their
mistakes though, and they may have even jerked us around on purpose, but
the bottom line is THE REAL ARTURO SLID! That's a fact.

TRoosvelt

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

While I agree that it is possible having the 'fake' Arturo slide would
allow JRD to come back, I wonder whether the 'fake' Arturo would have
taken the bullet. He seemed to be portrayed as rather self absorbed

Slider17

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Let's entertain the thought for a moment, slideing with them for
however
many months would have probably profoundly changed his attitude to them.

Stuart A. Bronstein

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Slider17 (cli...@flash.net) wrote:

: I want to end any and all confusion about the professor. In the episode

: Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome, there was some confusion about which
: Arturo slid.

[snip]

: an interview with Sabrina Lloyid, she asked the writers and they said

: the RIGHT ONE SLID. They may have made some mistakes in this area, but
: their intention was that the RIGHT ONE SLID.

If the wrong one had slid, he wouldn't have sacraficed himself for Quinn,
now would he?

Stu

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/
_/ Happiness is not having what you want. _/
_/ It is wanting what you have. _/
_/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

James

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Stuart A. Bronstein wrote:

> Slider17 (cli...@flash.net) wrote:
>
> : I want to end any and all confusion about the professor. In the episode
> : Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome, there was some confusion about which
> : Arturo slid.
>
> [snip]
>
> : an interview with Sabrina Lloyid, she asked the writers and they said
> : the RIGHT ONE SLID. They may have made some mistakes in this area, but
> : their intention was that the RIGHT ONE SLID.
>
> If the wrong one had slid, he wouldn't have sacraficed himself for Quinn,
> now would he?
>
> Stu

He might have grown to like them and therefore thought of them as his
friends, so he risked himself for them.
Just a thought...

James

Adam Littman

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Well his brains were scrambled like eggs at the time.

In article <19970301050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, troo...@aol.com

Mythoss

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

It doesn't really matter what the writers have said in interviews about
which Arturo Slid. The reason for this is that it was never said on the
show itself, the writers could say one thing in an interview and decide to
go completely in the opposite direction on the show.

Joe :[)

Slider17

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

I know, and that very same thing may happen if Arturo decides to return,
but that's what they said, and that's what I went on.

Mark Burton

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

TRoosvelt <troo...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970301050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> While I agree that it is possible having the 'fake' Arturo slide would
> allow JRD to come back, I wonder whether the 'fake' Arturo would have
> taken the bullet. He seemed to be portrayed as rather self absorbed

People change. The writers can write whatever they want, if they're
talented enough.

-Torch TV

Adam Littman

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

In article <3318C1...@sk.sympatico.ca>, James <ew...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Stuart A. Bronstein wrote:
>>
>> Slider17 (cli...@flash.net) wrote:
>>
>> : I want to end any and all confusion about the professor. In the episode
>> : Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome, there was some confusion about which
>> : Arturo slid.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> : an interview with Sabrina Lloyid, she asked the writers and they said
>> : the RIGHT ONE SLID. They may have made some mistakes in this area, but
>> : their intention was that the RIGHT ONE SLID.

LOL. Does it surprise anyone that they managed to screw up the script enough
to create ambiguity where they wanted clarity? If SL had kept her mouth shut
we might have believed the writers were clever (misquote I know).

Jody Ferrell

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

Catherine Harris wrote:

> I agree that Arturo giving his life for the other sliders is most
> consistent with the "good" Aurturo being the one whose been present on
> all these last slides.
>
> But when discussing why Arturo gave his life for the other sliders,
> let's not forget that Arturo knew he had a terminal illness.
> -ch

Arturo was supposed to have been healed by a shaman in that episode
where the world had little water.

Jody

Slider 010

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

Not so. Aurtoro was cured about 7 or 8 episodes ago, In the Mad Max like
episode. I guess no one remembers that episode

c.th...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 7:04:32 PM2/28/18
Actually no. The real Arturo didn't slide, but Torme lost control of the show so he was unable to address it.

aclafo...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2020, 12:30:16 PM2/17/20
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 8:04:32 AM UTC+8, c.th...@gmail.com wrote:
> Actually no. The real Arturo didn't slide, but Torme lost control of the show so he was unable to address it.

exactly 21 years later is this a record :)

James Boe

Sep 26, 2022, 5:40:19 PM9/26/22
/Bugs Bunny mode ON/
*munches carrot*
Could be, Doc. Could be.
/Bugs Bunny mode OFF/

James
--
"So, I travelled in time and I found out that the world will end - 8 days from now."
*PAUSE* I guess I should put on a pot of coffee.