Sabrina Lloyd: any relation to Christopher Lloyd?

doctorw

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

Just curious: does anyone know if Sabrina Lloyd is related to the actor
Christopher Lloyd of Taxi/Back to the Future fame? I've noticed a certain
resemblance.

Gharlane of Eddore

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

In <cwatson-2603...@hrh10.usc.edu>

Absolutely. Christopher Lloyd, Sabrina Lloyd's youngest son, was sired
by Orson Wells out of wedlock, and is the great-grandson on his mother's
side of famed silent film actor/director/comedian Harold Clayton Lloyd;
he's also in the direct line of descent from the gentleman who founded
"Lloyd's of London," the famous British insurance company.

Ms. Lloyd has several other sons, who have elected to change their
names for professional reasons, but chose to keep the "Lloyd" in their
names due to familial pride. You may have seen the three most famous
in movies and TV; Lloyd Bridges, Lloyd Alexander, and Lloyd Bochner.

Ms. Lloyd, who attributes her continued youthful appearance and glowing
good health to a vegetarian diet, yoga, and never drinking or smoking,
is inordinately proud of her sons, and even prouder of her daughters,
actresses Susan Weaver, Cheryl McFadden, and Maureen Fitzsimmons.

Hope this helps.

Slider17

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

Well, the winds that drift through my head say no, but that's not at all
definate, keep you eyes peeled.
--
Don't miss the slide!

Please visit my Sliders web site at:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/4727/slider1.htm
Let me know what you think of it.

Slider17

Mar 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/29/97

Gharlane of Eddore wrote:

> Absolutely. Christopher Lloyd, Sabrina Lloyd's youngest son, was sired
> by Orson Wells out of wedlock, and is the great-grandson on his mother's
> side of famed silent film actor/director/comedian Harold Clayton Lloyd;
> he's also in the direct line of descent from the gentleman who founded
> "Lloyd's of London," the famous British insurance company.
>
> Ms. Lloyd has several other sons, who have elected to change their
> names for professional reasons, but chose to keep the "Lloyd" in their
> names due to familial pride. You may have seen the three most famous
> in movies and TV; Lloyd Bridges, Lloyd Alexander, and Lloyd Bochner.
>
> Ms. Lloyd, who attributes her continued youthful appearance and glowing
> good health to a vegetarian diet, yoga, and never drinking or smoking,
> is inordinately proud of her sons, and even prouder of her daughters,
> actresses Susan Weaver, Cheryl McFadden, and Maureen Fitzsimmons.
>
> Hope this helps.

Is that true?!?!?!? And you do mean Christopher Lloyd, old guy, out of
the back to the future stuff? Maybe Sabrina is th one who chose the
movie in the marquie in The Breeder. Because her father was in it.

MaestroDC

Mar 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/29/97

>From: Slider17 <cli...@flash.net>
---------------------------
Hehehe...

I found the "pseudo-biography" of Sabrina Lloyd and her "son" Christopher
Lloyd most amusing. I wish more people had that wry sense of humor. And
the fact that someone actually read part of it out of context, and thought
it said Sabrina was the daughter, was funnier yet.

No, people. Read some of the bios on the Web for Sabrina Lloyd. Her
father is NOT Christopher Lloyd, of "Taxi" and "Back To The Future" fame.

Patrick M. <pgr...@juno.com.

Looney 6

Apr 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/5/97

>>Is that true?!?!?!? And you do mean Christopher Lloyd, old guy, out o<<
>>the back to the future stuff? Maybe Sabrina is th one who chose the<<
>>movie in the marquie in The Breeder. Because her father was in it.<<
--
Uhhhhh! You better read it again. I don't think that's what it said.
:-)

Slider17

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97
Yeah, I know better now.

--
Don't miss the slide!

Please visit my Sliders web site at:

brucea...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2020, 5:52:04 PM4/27/20
HOW can Sabrina Lloyd be Christopher Lloyd's mother when she was born in 1970 and he was born in 1938, PLEASE explain how this is possiable!!!

James

Dec 2, 2020, 8:37:28 PM12/2/20
On 27 Apr 2020, grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up some
crayons, and scribbled the following in alt.tv.sliders:

> HOW can Sabrina Lloyd be Christopher Lloyd's mother when she was
> born in 1970 and he was born in 1938, PLEASE explain how this is
> possiable!!!

Time travel.

GoGo Gadget the gizmo king
--
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good
of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better

Daniel65

Dec 3, 2020, 12:11:40 AM12/3/20
James wrote on 3/12/2020 12:37 PM:
> On 27 Apr 2020, grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up some
> crayons, and scribbled the following in alt.tv.sliders:
>
>> HOW can Sabrina Lloyd be Christopher Lloyd's mother when she was
>> born in 1970 and he was born in 1938, PLEASE explain how this is
>> possiable!!!
>>

> Time travel.

Is that because it's such a "whibbly" "wobbly" "times" "whimmey" thing??
--
Daniel

James

Dec 3, 2020, 2:50:18 PM12/3/20
On 02 Dec 2020, Daniel65 grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up
some crayons, and scribbled the following in alt.tv.sliders:

> James wrote on 3/12/2020 12:37 PM:
>> On 27 Apr 2020, grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up some
>> crayons, and scribbled the following in alt.tv.sliders:
>>
>>> HOW can Sabrina Lloyd be Christopher Lloyd's mother when she was
>>> born in 1970 and he was born in 1938,

I only wish I knew who had originally made this post claiming said
maternity.

>>> PLEASE explain how this is possiable!!!

After you explain how it is (pay close attention now) POSSIBLE
(What? No "a"?? Yes, that is the correct spelling.) for someone
to make a spelling error. Perhaps in a misguided effort to free
up disk space, you uninstalled spellcheck??

>> Time travel.
>
> Is that because it's such a "whibbly" "wobbly" "times" "whimmey"
> thing??

*SIGH* I suppose I'm going to have >thwap< you with a rolled-up
War Doctor. [shakes his head sadly in dismay over such fan-boy
silliness]

James the magnificent (in his mind)
((in reality, he is slightly above adequate))

James

Dec 3, 2020, 3:10:56 PM12/3/20
No snippage or deletion. I felt this is best enjoyed whole.

On 03 Dec 2020, James gargled with some oven cleaner, cleared his
throat, and proclaimed the following in alt.tv.sliders:

> On 02 Dec 2020, Daniel65 grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up
> some crayons, and scribbled the following in alt.tv.sliders:
>
>> James wrote on 3/12/2020 12:37 PM:
>>> On 27 Apr 2020, Bruce (no relation to the shark) Smith grabbed a
>>> Big Chief[tm] tablet, scooped up some crayons, and scribbled the
>>> following in alt.tv.sliders:

> I only wish I knew who had originally made this post claiming said
> maternity.

I went back and found out who made the post. (God bless Google
Groups!) It was the much-beloved late Gharlane of Eddore way back
in March of 1997. This begs the question: In addition to not using
spellcheck, does Bruce A. Smith not look to see the age of the post
which he is questioning?

> After you explain how it is (pay close attention now) POSSIBLE
> (What? No "a"?? Yes, that is the correct spelling.) for someone
> to make a spelling error. Perhaps in a misguided effort to free
> up disk space, you uninstalled spellcheck??
>
>>> Time travel.
>>
>> Is that because it's such a "whibbly" "wobbly" "times" "whimmey"
>> thing??
>
> *SIGH* I suppose I'm going to have >thwap< you with a rolled-up
> War Doctor. [shakes his head sadly in dismay over such fan-boy
> silliness]

Rather than exercizing the above mentioned maneuver, I am going to
quote Gharlane's original "explanatory" post:

[...]

Gharlane of Eddore. A towering example of how to handle Usenet
stupidity by means of sarcasm, irony, and other forms of subtle
humor. He is missed sorely.