This month on Comet TV...

Ubiquitous

Apr 6, 2020, 5:46:30 AM4/6/20
Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00

--
Every American should want President Trump and his administration to handle
the coronavirus epidemic effectively and successfully. Those who seem eager
to see the president fail and to call every administration misstep a fiasco
risk letting their partisanship blind them to the demands not only of civic
responsibility but of basic decency.

Ian J. Ball

Apr 6, 2020, 9:26:32 AM4/6/20
On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
> Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
> Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00

I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...

Geez - "Sliders" is a show that if I watched again, I'd only want to
watch the first 1-2 seasons. No reason to keep watching that one all
the way through...

Ubiquitous

Apr 6, 2020, 10:05:09 AM4/6/20
In article <r6fam6$m4c$1...@dont-email.me>, IJB...@mac.invalid wrote:
>On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

>> Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
>> Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
>> Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00
>
>I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...

Unfortunately, it's not the original.

>Geez - "Sliders" is a show that if I watched again, I'd only want to
>watch the first 1-2 seasons. No reason to keep watching that one all
>the way through...

We could have had Doorways.

anim8rfsk

Apr 6, 2020, 10:21:01 AM4/6/20
Mon, 06 Apr 2020 06:26:30 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
> > Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
> > Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
> > Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00
>
> I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...
>
> Geez - "Sliders" is a show that if I watched again, I'd only want to
> watch the first 1-2 seasons. No reason to keep watching that one all
> the way through...

Only watch the Sabrina Lloyd years, the same way you avoid the Lauren Lee
Smith Mutant X years.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Apr 6, 2020, 10:25:00 AM4/6/20
Mon, 06 Apr 2020 07:05:06 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> This month on Comet TV...
> Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net>
> April 6, 2020 at 7:05:06 AM MST
>
> In article <r6fam6$m4c$1...@dont-email.me>, IJB...@mac.invalid wrote:
> > On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
> > > Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
> > > Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
> > > Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00
> >
> > I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...
>
> Unfortunately, it's not the original.

ick

Dimensional Traveler

Apr 6, 2020, 1:01:01 PM4/6/20
On 4/6/2020 6:26 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> Sliders:        Weekdays 16:00
>> Quantum Leap:        Weekdays 18:00
>> Battlestar Galactica:    Weekdays 20:00
>
> I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...
>
> Geez - "Sliders" is a show that if I watched again, I'd only want to
> watch the first 1-2 seasons. No reason to keep watching that one all the
> way through...

I am currently (but very slowly) working my way thru 'Sliders' on disc.

--
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"

BTR1701

Apr 6, 2020, 2:23:45 PM4/6/20
In article <0001HW.243B724C00...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Mon, 06 Apr 2020 06:26:30 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 2020-04-06 08:42:05 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
> >
> > > Sliders: Weekdays 16:00
> > > Quantum Leap: Weekdays 18:00
> > > Battlestar Galactica: Weekdays 20:00
> >
> > I'm assuming that's the original BSG, and not the horrible "reboot"?...
> >
> > Geez - "Sliders" is a show that if I watched again, I'd only want to
> > watch the first 1-2 seasons. No reason to keep watching that one all
> > the way through...
>
> Only watch the Sabrina Lloyd years, the same way you avoid the
> Lauren Lee Smith Mutant X years.

But... but... Wuhrer!

anim8rfsk

Apr 6, 2020, 2:57:35 PM4/6/20
Hell, I'd watch SWAMP THING for Wuhrer.
Message has been deleted

default minds

Aug 3, 2020, 7:17:19 PM8/3/20
I posted this a fear years ago in regards to what episodes I think are worth watching. Which would include all of Season 1 & 2 even if there are a few not "as good" episodes depending on one's opinion. Season 3 is when things start to fall flat. Once the professor is gone, the show is terrible. Not really just because of Maggie's character as a new regular, but just the screenplay writing which was almost as bad when The Professor was still on Season 3.

Season 4, while on a new network with a much lower budget, tried to get back into the way the writing was in the earlier first seasons. However with the lack of The Professor and now Wade, they were really limited. Maggie's character lighten up ALOT in Season 4 compared to her character in Season 3. The acting was also much better across everyone and a few of the middle episodes were well written in my opinion. It's the side story of kromag chasing where things run flat for original fans. Luckily it's not the plot for every episode in season 4.

Don't ever bother with Season 5. Even the episode where Wade does come back, she's just a voice over because they couldn't afford to pay her more and give her real credit. Quinn's real mom from the first season does make a cameo at the last episode, but *spoiler alert* the show was cancelled and it resolves nothing. I love Rembrant, but having him carry on the show was just strange. I liked seeing his character mature but the addition of a doctor and a cloned Mallory Bros. concept was more silly than Kromags of Season 4.

If you don't care about Kromagg or any other major character development / disappointing changes, here is a nice trimmed list if you ever wanted to introduce somebody to Sliders.

This first list also includes Season 4 & 5 that have the "best written" episodes (IMO) for those lower budgeted seasons that are still maybe worth a watch if the viewer enjoyed the first three already...

Stars represent quality of story (again, IMO)

--
Sliders Best List 1 = Less "Fantasy Plots" / 100% No Kromagg stories - Most recommended Sliders storylines

Best List 1
[Season 1-2]
1 - Pilot ***
2 - Summer of Love ****
3 - Prince of Walls **
4 - Fever ***
5 - Last Days ****
6 - The Weaker Sex ****
7 - Eggheads ****
8 - The King is Back ***
9 - Luck of the Draw ****
[Season 2]
- Into the Mystic ***
- Time Again and World **
- El Sid ***
- Love Gods **
- The Good, the Bad and the Wealthy **
- As Time Goes By ****
- Gillian of the Spirits ***
- Obsession ***
- Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome ****
- Greatfellas ***
- The Young and the Relentless ****

[Season 3: Episodes Still Worth Watching & Entertaining]
01 - Double Cross ***
02 - Dead Man Sliding ***
03 - The Guardian ****
04 - The Prince of Slides ***
05 - Season's Greetings ****
06 - Murder Most Foul ***

Yup only 6 real good episodes in Season 3...again my opinion, but also kind of agreeable amongst other fans.

[Season 4: If you're still enjoying Sliders...]
07 - World Killer ***
08 - Prophets and Loss ***
09 - Just Say Yes ***
10 - The Alternative Horror ***
11 - Asylum ****
12- California Reich ***
13 - Slide by Wire ***

[Season 5: If you are really curious...the plot developments of Season Premiere are boring, just accept there are some new Sliders and start with Current Affair]

14 - A Current Affair **
15 - The Return of Maggie Beckett ***
16 - Heavy Metal **

-------

Now, the list below is if you are more of a fan and want to include episodes that contain character development and/or may relate or hint to the Kromaggs story line.

Includes limited Kromagg stories and more main character development.

Sliders Best List 2 = MORE "Fantasy Plots" / Most interesting Kromagg stories many fans agree on and still some of the best sliders episodes across all five seasons if you really enjoy Season 3 or 4 and want to explore a few more in that later time period but don't want to be go through several boring episodes in a row to get there.

*Additional notes as to why it's included on this list and not the previous lists.
Sliders Best List 2
[Season 1-2]
1 - Pilot ***
2 - Summer of Love ****
3 - Prince of Walls **
4 - Fever ***
5 - Last Days ****
6 - The Weaker Sex ****
7 - Eggheads ****
8 - The King is Back ***
9 - Luck of the Draw ****
10 - Into the Mystic ***
11 - Time Again and World **
12 - El Sid ***
13 - Love Gods **
14 - The Good, the Bad and the Wealthy **
15 - As Time Goes By ****
16 - Gillian of the Spirits ***
17 - Obsession ***
18 - Invasion ***
19 - Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome ****
20 - In Dino Veritas ***
21 - Greatfellas ***
22 - The Young and the Relentless ****

[Season 3-5]
01 - Double Cross ***
02 - Rules of the Game **
03 - Dead Man Sliding ***
04 - The Guardian ****
05 - The Prince of Slides ***
06 - Season's Greetings ****
07 - Murder Most Foul ***
08 - Slide Like an Egyptian **
09 - The Exodus **
10 - Dinoslide **
[Season 4]
11 - Genesis ** [Quinn's mother from Season 1 makes an appearance]
12 - World Killer ***
13 - Prophets and Loss *** (good episode, good story dev)
14 - Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? ***
16 - Just Say Yes ***
17 - The Alternative Horror ***
18 - Slidecage **
19 - Asylum ****
20 - California Reich ***
21 - Lipschitz Live **
22 - Mother and Child ***
23 - Slide by Wire ***
24 - Way Out West ***
[Season 5]
25 - A Current Affair **
26 - The Return of Maggie Beckett ***
27 - New Gods for Old **
28 - Heavy Metal **
29 - The Seed *1/2 - [Quinn's mother from Season 1 makes an appearance]