Notes for QABF19 (The Wayz We Were)

Matt Garvey

Oct 17, 2021, 8:45:16 PM10/17/21
Not bad, although I hope the main plot has some connection to The Way We Were or else the title seems a bit lopsided. As for that plot: an odd surprise to have Maya return (over a decade later), but if CBG can find true love then why not? Even if it turned out to be a B story, I wonder why there was no further development (such as a tragic undoing) on the Waze/Wayz plot. A problem solved once and for all? Also, why was this TV-14-DLSV?

Previous episode stuff

2F15: Wooden toy couch gag used ren-faire-esque closing credits Simpsons theme from this classic episode
CABF04: Caveman Lenny's eyes were apparently just as vulnerable
DABF11: Phish's Trey Anastasio returns for another cameo
LABF06: Eeny Meeny Maya's back

Meta
Ruth Powers mentions the Simpsons haven't stopped by in 25 years
Lisa and Homer appear in the cartoon character captcha-thing

For the record
The 7:00 repeat of QABF15 (The Last Barfighter) was joined in progress here, with the usual short NABF21 opening at 7:09 and the episode itself resuming about halfway through act 2 shortly before 7:12. No changes observed.