Milhouse's dad's arm

maverick

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

--
cheers,

maverick
mave...@fan.net

BONGO83

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

At the end hes in the unemployment line with a cast

<I hope I haven't upset you....BONGOHEAD!!!!>
Ooh...I should be resisting this but I'm paralyzed with rage...and island
rhythms.
---Homer Simpson and C.M. Burns

MOECAV

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

At the end of the episode at the unemployment office, Milhouse's dad was
standing in line behind Marge. He had his arm in a sling. Apparently Dr. Nick
was able to re-attach it.

-Cav

Moviezzz

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

<<Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

At the end of the episode, they show Milhouse's dad with a sling on his arm.
Guess it was reattached.

ThekingoTV

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

>Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
>off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
>just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

At the end of the episode, he is in the unemployment line, with a bandage on
his arm.
Pay closer attention next time.

Andrew Gill

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

maverick wrote in message <01bd5108$33e6e4c0$LocalHost@don>...

>Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
>off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
>just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

Subject: Re: How can Kirk Van Houten losing his arm be out of
character.....
From: "Andrew Gill" <fruadman_tru...@juno.com>
Date: 1997/12/13
Newsgroups: alt.tv.simpsons

IIRC, I saw something in SciAm about reconnecting one's spine. Nerves in
one's arm couldn't be that tough.

The official "Write My Signature" contest email address:|
----> fruadman_tru...@juno.com |
The prize? I'll use the best Sig! |
-----------------------------------Temporary Sig Follows:

IIRC, it was also a MOUSE's spine, but it COULD be done. Yep. SciAm
1/97p.28.

Rene Bostelaar

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

"maverick" (mave...@fan.net) writes:
> Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
> off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
> just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

When that episode aired last October I think it was, I had a large
discusion with my fellow Simpson fan friends at school. We finally settled
that although it would be funny if Mr Van Halton was left armless until
the show becomes unprofitable, it would also make the show more
complicated. The Simpsons is just that way; there is some consistany, some
degree of reality, but many things are just left in the unrealistic way
that allows for more humour. In ten years Lisa has had only one birthday,
and nobody seems to notice that the residents of Springfield lead the most
interesting lives.

Yes, continuity isn't the strongpoint of the show, but if it were we
would be left without so many laughs.

--
| ad888a "888888b, d8b "888b ,888" | So tangle minded, then so becalmed
| `"Yaa88a 888ad8P'dPaaY8b 88čY88P888 | It's all so subway-grim, and then
| a, Y88 888 dP Y8b 88 YP 888 | it's gone. --Gord Downie
| `"8ad8P'd888b d88b d888bd88b d888b | Ren Bostelaar (Spam_Man on IRC)

va...@ix.netcom.com

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98
sorry in advance if i'm doing this wrong, first try ever.

at the end of the episode, Milhouse's dad is seen with his arm in a sling
and bandages. all better :-)

ALEX CARR

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

If you look carefully near the end of the show, Kirk van houten is in the
unemployment line with a bandage and cast around his arm which obviously
shows it was sewn back or whatever.

Stormy

Andrew Gill wrote in message <6ek5r8$v...@r02n01.cac.psu.edu>...

>maverick wrote in message <01bd5108$33e6e4c0$LocalHost@don>...

>>Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
>>off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
>>just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

Matt Bathje

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

On 16 Mar 1998 18:49:07 GMT, "maverick" <mave...@fan.net> wrote:

>Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
>off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
>just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?

Anybody else think this was more of a job for Hans Moleman rather than
Milhouses dad? (Although how would he stick his arm out of a gremlin
:P)

Also...what happened to the CRACKER FACTORY! He was a pretty big wheel
down there...

Matt

Eric Randall

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

> Anybody else think this was more of a job for Hans Moleman rather than
> Milhouses dad? (Although how would he stick his arm out of a gremlin
> :P)
>
> Also...what happened to the CRACKER FACTORY! He was a pretty big wheel
> down there...
>
> Matt

He got laid off after his wife divorced him. "Maybe single people eat
crackers, I don't know. Frankly, I don't want to know...it's a market we
can do without."

mave...@fan.net

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

Thanks, didn't notice that.

maverick
mave...@fan.net

In article <19980316185...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
bon...@aol.com (BONGO83) wrote:

> At the end hes in the unemployment line with a cast

> >Hi, just noticed on the rerun on Sunday that Milhouse's dad's arm gets cut
> >off by the wire when he is driving home with his sandwich, is he left with
> >just one arm now? do we see him in any episodes after this with two arms?
> >

> >--
> >cheers,
> >
> >maverick
> >mave...@fan.net
> >

> <I hope I haven't upset you....BONGOHEAD!!!!>
> Ooh...I should be resisting this but I'm paralyzed with rage...and island
> rhythms.
> ---Homer Simpson and C.M. Burns

VoVat

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:12:11 GMT, the one known as Matt Bathje
<m...@ntsource.com> wrote thusly:

>Also...what happened to the CRACKER FACTORY! He was a pretty big wheel
>down there...

Kirk was fired from the cracker factory in "A Milhouse Divided." He's
now on unemployment.
--
Nathan Mulac DeHoff
vo...@geocities.com

JEdraw

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

m...@ntsource.com (Matt Bathje) writes:

>Anybody else think this was more of a job for Hans Moleman rather than
>Milhouses dad? (Although how would he stick his arm out of a gremlin
>:P)

We had a thread go for weeks after this episode aired on wheather or not
Kirk getting his arm cut off was out of character. It was never really
settled, the trolls' attention spans just fizzled out under the wake of "All
Singing, All Dancing".

Jordan Eisenberg -- JEd...@aol.com

From the SNPP Archives:

Lovejoy: Oh, oh, ooh, bad dog! Look at that, right on Ned's lawn.
Now how could you do such a thing?
[quietly to the dog] Good boy, don't stop now.
-- Yes, do your sinful business, "22 Short Films About Springfield"

Attmay

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98
to Matt Bathje

The tendinitis-shirking Net nut Matt Bathje wrote:

> Also...what happened to the CRACKER FACTORY! He was a pretty big wheel
> down there...
>
> Matt
He got fired for being single (maybe they thought he was gay)

Trinschler

Mar 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/23/98

Attmay wrote:

>He got fired for being single (maybe they thought he was gay)

Oh great. We really needed a "Is Milhouse's father gay?" thread!

Springfield is FICTIONAL
The Comic Book Guy doesn't have a name
OFF = "Our Favorite Family"

Tom Rinschler
"Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at that dist--"
---last words of Major General Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania, May 9, 1864.

Sarnowski

Mar 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/23/98

> He got fired for being single (maybe they thought he was gay)

Kirk, crackers are a family food. Happy families. Maybe single people eat crackers, we
don't know. Frankly, we don't want to know. It's a market we can do without.

------
Greg Sarnowski
Remove NOSPAM from my email address to reply
http://www.ziplink.net/~las