Notes for UABF02 (Mothers and Other Strangers)

Matt Garvey

Nov 28, 2021, 8:42:43 PM11/28/21
I'm really done with "past" episodes by now. At this point they offer nothing new, neither general-interest fun nor any emotional impact, and the latter is true especially when they obviously contradict the "settled" timeline. Meh. Also, can someone tell the writers when Mother's Day is? (Hint: it's not in November, nor did the episode span months or even days.)

And can someone explain what the credits are a reference to?

DYN:
...act 3's therapy session starts with a banner notice on Homer's phone that a Toyota ad starts in about 3:24, which almost indicated the time left IN the act before more ads, but was about 15 seconds off?

Previous episode stuff
3G03, movie, other episodes I'm too lazy to look up: this and that in opening and "couch gag"
8F03: Flowers By Irene FBI truck (followed up by several other variants)

And in blackboard news
Last week's new Family Guy (The Birthday Bootlegger, LACX05) included a quick blackboard punishment by Bart (in Simpsons art style) near the end of its first act: "It's a pleasure to work for the Disney corporation".

Tavis Ormandy

Nov 30, 2021, 12:54:36 AM11/30/21
On 2021-11-29, Matt Garvey wrote:
> And can someone explain what the credits are a reference to?

The black and white dream section? I think it's a reference to 8 1/2.

Tavis.

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger tav...@sdf.org

Matt Garvey

Nov 30, 2021, 11:40:27 AM11/30/21
On Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 12:54:36 AM UTC-5, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
> On 2021-11-29, Matt Garvey wrote:
> > And can someone explain what the credits are a reference to?
> >
> The black and white dream section? I think it's a reference to 8 1/2.
>
> Tavis.

Ooh, in that case, it may finally be time to pull that film off my to-watch rack and actually watch it.

Ant

Dec 1, 2021, 9:21:25 PM12/1/21
Decent episode. No new episodes until the 19th? :(
--
It's Cyber Monday again! It's shoppy and BUSY times again!
| |o o| |