LISA DIES, READ THIS!!!!

The Omen

Feb 4, 1995, 3:36:21 AM2/4/95

Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa
Simpson will be killed off by the writers. Why you ask? It
seems that the episodes involving Lisa Simpson do not generate
high ratings, unlike the episodes involving the other Simpson
characters. Many people don't relate well to the "nerdy" little
sax playing girl. Because of the above reasons, the writers have
decided to kill off the smartest Simpson. What follows is a
rough idea of the episode involving Lisa Simpson's death, which
was given to me by my reliable source.

The episode will start out with the school selecting a few
students to go on a field trip to the new Joy Joy North American
Chocolate Factory. A few of the students selected by a hat
raffle at a school assembly are Lisa, Bart, Martin, Utter, and
Nelson. In order for these students to go, a permission slip
must be signed by their parents. When Bart and Lisa present the
permission slips to their parents, Homer's stomach decides that
he wants to go to the chocolate factory. At first, Homer
attempts to coax one of his kids to stay home while he goes on
the field trip. Marge foils Homer's attempts, so Homer asks who
else is going on the field trip.

After Homer gets the names of the children going on the trip,
he spies on each child to figure out their weakness. Homer
watches Nelson beat up Milhouse and decides that it wouldn't be
healthy for him to confront Nelson. Homer then proceeds to spy
on Utter while Utter is inhaling Joy Joys left and right. Homer
decides that Utter could be an ally on the chocolate factory
tour. Utter could help him get plenty of chocolate. Homer then
spies on Martin, who is reading books, and over hears Martin say,
"I wish there was a book that answered all the questions in the
universe. I'm sure there would be an answer to popularity."
After hearing Martin's wish, Homer devises a wicked plan to get
Martin away from the bus.

Homer takes a piece of paper and writes, "Answers To The
Universe", and then glues the piece of paper over the title of
last week's issue of TV Guide. On the day of the field trip,
Homer offers Martin the TV Guide. Martin becomes extremely
excited, and he runs off jumping for joy leaving Homer a seat on
the bus.

When the students, and Homer, arrive at the chocolate
factory, they are brought on a tour. The scene that involves
Lisa's death takes place on a catwalk above vats of chocolate.
Above the catwalk, and a couple of feet above Homer, buckets of
chocolate on hooks move perpendicular to the catwalk. The
buckets are coming from the vats and going to the chocolate
molds. Homer notices the buckets, as does Utter, and Homer puts
Utter on his shoulders so Utter can grab a bucket. Homer walks
backwards in order to follow the movement of the buckets, and to
help Utter get a good grasp on a bucket. Homer bumps into Lisa,
who is looking over the railing at the vats of chocolate below.
Lisa falls screaming into a vat of chocolate as Utter screams,
"I've got It! I've got it!"

No one hears Lisa's scream before she becomes mummified in a
chocolate cast. Her chocolate casted body comes out on a
conveyer belt and shocks one of the chocolate inspectors. The
inspector stops the belt and calls his boss to figure out what to
do. His boss tells him to ship the cast to the old folks home,
where she's eaten alive by many stinky old men, including her
grandfather.

I'll stop here, since she has died. How reliable is this?
My source has told me about more than 10 episodes that have
actually aired, a few weeks before their air date. I haven't
written about episodes in the past because they didn't have as
much of an impact as this one will. I for one support the
decision to kill off the annoying little girl. I'm looking
forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

Hubert Chen

Feb 4, 1995, 5:49:35 AM2/4/95
The Omen (wa...@csulb.edu) wrote:

: Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa

: Simpson will be killed off by the writers. Why you ask? It
: seems that the episodes involving Lisa Simpson do not generate
: high ratings, unlike the episodes involving the other Simpson
: characters. Many people don't relate well to the "nerdy" little
: sax playing girl. Because of the above reasons, the writers have
: decided to kill off the smartest Simpson. What follows is a
: rough idea of the episode involving Lisa Simpson's death, which
: was given to me by my reliable source.

: forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

OH NO! I think that's terrible. Lisa is an integral part of the Simpson
family -- as the intellectual. I say don't kill her, just have fewer or
no shows that don't completely focus on her!

--
_____ ,---------------------------------.
/ \"Doh!"/ __ __ __ \ E-mail:
| (o)(o) / | |_| | | | (__) /
C .---_) / | | _ __| |___ __ ___ (
| |.___| / | _ |/ ) ( | _ \| |/ o \ \ Snail mail:
| \__/ \ | | | ( |_| | |_) ) ( __) ) 1449 Crosby Drive
/_____\ \ |__| |__|\_____/|______/|__|\____) / Fort Wash., PA 19034
/_____/ \ \ Hubert M. Chen ( USA
/ \ `------------------------------------'
"Let...let me out..." -- Smashing Pumpkins

Kevin Murray

Feb 4, 1995, 3:10:49 PM2/4/95
I somehow do not find this terribly convincing, and I doubt it's going
to happen. No one has been killed off in a Simpsons episode, besides
the Halloween episodes (which are an obvious exception). I don't think
the general viewing public will find the death of a child terribly
amusing, so how will a joke be made out of this to keep the levity of
the episode in line with all other episodes? I don't think Fox is going
to make this big a mistake with one of their top shows.

K.

Dreyfus

Feb 4, 1995, 8:02:46 AM2/4/95

>The Omen (wa...@csulb.edu) wrote:

>: Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa
>: Simpson will be killed off by the writers. Why you ask? It
>: seems that the episodes involving Lisa Simpson do not generate
>: high ratings, unlike the episodes involving the other Simpson
>: characters. Many people don't relate well to the "nerdy" little
>: sax playing girl. Because of the above reasons, the writers have
>: decided to kill off the smartest Simpson. What follows is a
>: rough idea of the episode involving Lisa Simpson's death, which
>: was given to me by my reliable source.

>: forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

>OH NO! I think that's terrible. Lisa is an integral part of the Simpson
>family -- as the intellectual. I say don't kill her, just have fewer or
>no shows that don't completely focus on her!

I'm _sure_ that whoever wrote this message ("The Omen") is full of rat
excrement.
There is no way that the writers are killing off Lisa.

BTW, the smartest Simpson is not Lisa, but,rather, Maggie.

--Benjamin W Dreyfus

Bradley Whitmarsh

Feb 4, 1995, 4:30:48 PM2/4/95
If the writers feel that the episodes about Lisa hurt the show's
ratings, then they should stop making episodes where she is the main
character. I think a good solution would be to keep Lisa on the show, but
have her play more secondary roles. I think killing off Lisa would probably
hurt the show.
Brad

** Bradley Whitmarsh Northeastern University **
** E-mail: bra...@ccs.neu.edu College of Computer Science **
** WWW: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bradley/ Boston, Massachusetts, USA **

Michael Rusignola

Feb 4, 1995, 4:36:27 PM2/4/95
> decision to kill off the annoying little girl. I'm looking
> forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

first of all, i think you're a lying asshole. there is no way they would
kill off a regular character from the simpsons. let alone, LISA! you're
gonna have to come up with a better reason than, some guy telling you.
does yeardly smith want to leave the show? i think your just some lonely
schmo who likes creating an uproar when you're really just full of shit. i
gaurantee you that if they kill her off, the show will soon after be
cancelled.

----
http://www.cc.columbia.edu/~mrr18/

Matthew Kurth

Feb 4, 1995, 7:09:26 PM2/4/95
wa...@csulb.edu (The Omen) writes:

> No one hears Lisa's scream before she becomes mummified in a
>chocolate cast. Her chocolate casted body comes out on a

>much of an impact as this one will. I for one support the
>decision to kill off the annoying little girl. I'm looking
>forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

I think I'd like to make you the next one tipped into the chocolate vat.

--
Matthew W. Kurth | "Prayer - The last refuge of a scoundrel." - Lisa Simpson
-aka The Captain | "That makes me feel all warm and squishy." - Dot Warner

Public Cluster Macintosh

Feb 4, 1995, 8:26:57 PM2/4/95
In article <3gvea5$j...@garuda.csulb.edu>, wa...@csulb.edu (The Omen) wrote:

> Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa
> Simpson will be killed off by the writers.

Please name some of the other episodes which your "inside source" has told
you about...for that matter, why would they kill her off instead of just
not focusing any future episodes on if she is such a ratings-killer (and
doesn't Lisa remind you of a cartoon version of Claire Danes in the
equally insightful Nielson loser "My So-Called Life?) Plus, wouldn't the
death of Lisa be a MUCH bigger deal than the shooting of Burns, a
peripheral character? Why wouldn't that be the season finale? Anyway, if
the show did pull cheap stunts like the one you claim it's about to,
wouldn't it really lose the respect it deserves?

--
This article/message was posted using NewsWatcher from a Macintosh in an Academic Computing Services public cluster at Yale University. Yale University accepts no responsibility for the identity of the author or the content of this message.

Damian Da Costa

Feb 4, 1995, 10:00:28 PM2/4/95
In article <3gvea5$j...@garuda.csulb.edu>, wa...@csulb.edu (The Omen) wrote:

> Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa
> Simpson will be killed off by the writers.

You are a total idiot and do you really expect us to believe that the
Simpsons writers are going to sacrifice their dignities and respect to
pull a stupid, unnecessary, and cheap plot stunt designed to boost
ratings. For one, if episodes about Lisa do really have sucky Nielson
ratings, why don't they just stop focusing episodes on her, which they
have already pretty much done already. By the way, why do shows centered
on smart adolescent girls get such awful ratings (i.e. the doomed "My
So-Called Life)? Especially when shows about brain dead young women
(Melrose Place, Beverly Hills 90210, even I Dream of Jeannie and Charlie's
Angels, for that matter) are perennial winners? But I digress. Do you
really expect us to believe that you knew about other episodes in advance
and didn't tell anyone because you didn't think anyone cared.

Love,
Me

jk4...@albnyvms.bitnet

Feb 5, 1995, 5:59:23 PM2/5/95

Sure. they are gonna kill a little girl on a cartoon right, that really makes
sense. If anyone would die, it would be Grampa but I doubt they'd kill him.
They would never kill off one of the Simpsons

Jer

Peter A Goodrich

Feb 5, 1995, 9:00:10 PM2/5/95
Hmm. Could be either:

a) a troll.

b) your source lied.

pete.

Wednesday Jones

Feb 5, 1995, 10:08:28 PM2/5/95
this guy's description of lisa's death sounds more like an itchy and
scratchy stunt than a simpsons plot to me.

sorry i don't have the original post handy to reprint here.

---wednesday/jones

Wednesday Jones

Feb 5, 1995, 10:25:13 PM2/5/95
In <3h3fcd$2...@garuda.csulb.edu> dar...@csulb.edu (The Misanthrope)
writes:

>I beg to differ. The smartest character is not Maggie, is not Lisa, and
>is not Bart. The smartest character is Utter. He consumes chocolate
like
>a mad hound and as we all know, chocolate is the food of the gods. We
>must mold ourselves after this grand and mystical chocolate consumer.
Buy
>chocolate, damn you! Eat chocolate and be merry or I will plunge a
>chocolate covered fork into your fat hearts! OO ahh!
>
>--
>Dar...@csulb.edu

dramatization, may not really happen!

---jones

SM...@yvax.byu.edu

Feb 5, 1995, 11:24:17 PM2/5/95
to SM...@yvax.byu.edu

no one's gonna kill Lisa off. She is the levity and intelligence, the
only Simpson that would ever amount to anything if she were ever to grow
up. She is the voice of reason, frequently not listened to. She is also
the musical entertainment. Where would the Simpsons be without her?
absolutely nowhere. so i do believe it would be pretty un-savvy of FOX
to take her off, IMHO. how many agree? nuff said.

loa %can't talk....eating-homer simpson%
%let me tell you the tales of your life-jethro tull%

Rich Yauman

Feb 5, 1995, 11:31:51 PM2/5/95

I must of slept in. Last I checked it was Febuary, but reading
this thread, it sure feels like April 1st.
--
Rich Yauman ac...@yfn.ysu.edu / Only AMIGA USERS make it possible /
------------------------------ / ^^^^^ /

Eddie Talbot

Feb 6, 1995, 7:49:54 AM2/6/95
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Lisa! Don't kill her off!

Whenever dumb lines are spoken, Lisa always has something deep and
meaningful / philosophical to say! Perhaps she's too intelligent for the
majority of Simpsons viewers, you Americans!

______
+-/ Ed \------------------------------------------------------------+
| cm3b...@bs47a.staffs.ac.uk |
| X-Phile, Whovian, Trekker, Dwarfer, Leaper and I liked The Tripods! |
: :

The Misanthrope

Feb 6, 1995, 11:28:57 PM2/6/95
Michael Rusignola (mr...@columbia.edu) wrote:
: > After reading your post and that headache-producing signature you have, I
: > have come up with the following conclusions:

: i have read YOUR reply and i have decided only 2 things.
: 1. You need to stop quoting 2390480324 lines for a 6 line reply
: 2. You are equally annoying.

That was about as creative as my morning bowel movement.

--
Dar...@csulb.edu

Tanya Gevaert

Feb 7, 1995, 9:44:41 PM2/7/95
Michael Rusignola (mr...@columbia.edu) wrote:
: > That was about as creative as my morning bowel movement.

: says a lot about your shit, doesn't it.

Okay boys, thats quite enough; perhaps you'd like to continue on e-mail
so we don't have to be subjected to your creative insults. :-)

Jolpat

Feb 8, 1995, 2:39:28 AM2/8/95
The only way this could ever happen is in a Halloween episode.They'd never
really kill off Lisa.

Daniel Cygielman

Feb 8, 1995, 6:52:38 AM2/8/95
Who get's F's and who gets A's! Lisa...She also has some good plans going on!

Richard Von Busack

Feb 8, 1995, 8:02:36 PM2/8/95
I first fell for it because it was so weird it almost would have been
something they'd try. But then I was sure it was a fraud because the plot
synopsis wasn't funny.If they were really going to kill off Lisa, they'd do
it in some way that was funny--we are talking about the funniest show in the
history of tv, after all.
-=---
TRANSMITTED via LiveWire, a Virtual Valley/Metro Newspapers service
San Jose, Calif. USA voice: 408.777.8700 e-mail: onl...@livewire.com
modem: 408.298.8646 (FirstClass, VT-100, TTY) fax: 408.777.8701

STEVEN LEWIS

Feb 8, 1995, 11:22:53 PM2/8/95
It was said that your hear about this stuff a few weeks before it
airs. Can we assume her death is in a few weeks? Rephrased, when is her
death?
It would make a good Easter episode with all the chocolate.
Although that could lead to a resurrection. Oh no! Die Lisa, Die!!!

Steve

Wayne C.

Feb 8, 1995, 11:38:34 PM2/8/95
There is no way this can be true... in fact, Bongo Comics is releasing the
first issue of _Lisa_Comics_ in March or April! What @#$%! If she was
totally unprofitable, why would they make a new comic series out of the
character?

Wayne

Steve Herrick

Feb 9, 1995, 1:21:23 PM2/9/95
Richard_V...@virtualvalley.com (Richard Von Busack) wrote:

> I first fell for it because it was so weird it almost would have been
> something they'd try. But then I was sure it was a fraud because the plot
> synopsis wasn't funny.

No one has commented on the most obvious tip-off that this "rumor" is
a bunch of crap, and that's that they've already taken a field trip
to a chocolate factory (where the children [sans El Barto] frolicked
happily in the chocolate with no long-term ill effects).

stevo

Richard Dale

Feb 9, 1995, 9:25:00 PM2/9/95
Subject: Re: LISA DIES, READ THIS!!!!

"I will give you the shirt off my back if you ask for it, but I'll
be damned if I let you take it from me."
-- Ken Hamblin "The Black Avenger"

* 1st 2.00b #567 * Incorrigible punster. Do not incorrige.

Paul

Feb 10, 1995, 10:14:21 AM2/10/95
tgzst (tg...@pop.pitt.edu) wrote:
: If they kill of lisa, the show will be some where between Beavus and
: Butthead and ........ In other words, better of trash it.

Kill off Lisa, and you get an animated "Full House"! Bratty kids would
overrun Springfield. The audience that finds Lisa too highbrow are the
types who find endless laughter in "Married with Children" or, again,
Full House. Lisa is the "heart and soul of all [our] moral
being", and that's why she's funny- she is us, like a fish out of water,
trapped in Springfield. She is proof the "great qualities are trodden
down, while littleness everywhere is become invincible", but she will not
join forces, and perserveres against all oppression and stupidity..
As for the episode, good luck! Homer kills Lisa for CHOCOLATE? Albeit
his appetite is massive, there'd be quite a chain of events- Marge would
likely kill Homer for his stupidity. Homer would be torn apart completly-
he always is after he realizes what he's done to his family. It's a
crock, I'm sorry to say, and it stinketh.

Savita Iyer

Feb 10, 1995, 5:01:06 PM2/10/95
Wayne C. (mc0...@acs.brockport.edu) wrote:
: There is no way this can be true... in fact, Bongo Comics is releasing the

: first issue of _Lisa_Comics_ in March or April! What @#$%! If she was

Yeah! Lisa Comics! Maybe I can finally figure out the cosine law!!!
Woohoo!!

p.s. If you didn't realize, I was being sarcastic!!

Aaron Varhola

Feb 11, 1995, 3:37:29 PM2/11/95
In article <D3o53...@sunfish.usd.edu>, ane...@charlie.usd.edu (Allen Newman) writes:
> This better not be true. Lisa is my favorite character. All the others
> make me laugh a lot more, but Lisa is the only one I actually *like* as a
> person.
>
> I tend to think this rumor is false. When push comes to shove, there is a
> core of serious emotion in the Simpson family -- they all really love each
> other. The writers could not kill a member of the family and then continue
> doing the kind of humor they've always done without abandoning all emotional
> realism in the characters' relationships. This realism is a very important
> part of the show -- the terra firma upon which the falling action of most
> episodes lands.
>
> If the story of Lisa's death and its aftermath were told truthfully, Marge
> would never get over it, Homer (after a lot of stupid comments and denial)
> would never get over it, and even Bart would be devastated and forever
> changed (realistically, Lisa's death would cause Bart to seek to become more
> like her, within the limits of his abilities). Obviously, the show could not
> continue as we know it if it dealt with these truths. Yet ignoring these
> truths would also destroy the show as we know it, because to abandon
> emotional realism is to abandon true comedy in favor of pure farce. No
> serious Simpsons fan would want that to happen.
>
> ----------------------- _ | | ___ | |
> Allen G. Newman |_| | | |__ |\|
> ane...@charlie.usd.edu | | |__ |__ |__ | |

Bleeding Gums Murphy will probably die in an episode later this year. If
handled properly, this might be another show in which Lisa shines, just like
"Lisa's Substitute" was.

Hypothetically, if Lisa were to die, Bart would take it the worst of all. Bart
and Lisa are interdependent, and the loss of one would emotionally cripple the
other (cf. "Bart the Daredevil"---"If you died, despite the extra attention I'd
receive, I'd miss you."-- Lisa) (also see Lisa's reaction to Bart's running
away in "Bart vs. Thanksgiving").

I might be writing a treatment of "It's a Wonderful Life", in which Lisa, after
a "Bart the Murderer"-esque day at school (which includes her receiving an F),
wishes she had never been born. Bleeding Gums comes back as her guardian angel,
showing what things would be like if she had never been born....culminating
with Homer dead, since Lisa showed Dr. Nick where to make the incision during
Homer's Heart surgery in "Homer's Triple Bypass".

To whoever suggested Lisa's death: Let us never speak of it again.

Aaron
Mr. Plow, Miami, Floreda
"I'm not a state, I'm a monster!"-- Lisa

hMf
"

The Misanthrope

Feb 12, 1995, 4:28:56 PM2/12/95
Aaron Varhola (avar...@ids.net) wrote:

[...]

: "

Hey Aaron, I have 3 words for you:

Take more units.

--
Dar...@csulb.edu

Grant George Buffett

Feb 12, 1995, 7:23:07 PM2/12/95
jk4...@albnyvms.bitnet wrote:

: In article <3gvm3v$5...@netnews.upenn.edu>, hc...@mail1.sas.upenn.edu (Hubert Chen) writes:
: >The Omen (wa...@csulb.edu) wrote:
: >
: >
: >: Yes it's true! I heard from a reliable source that Lisa
: >: Simpson will be killed off by the writers. Why you ask? It
: >: seems that the episodes involving Lisa Simpson do not generate
: >: high ratings, unlike the episodes involving the other Simpson
: >: characters. Many people don't relate well to the "nerdy" little
: >: sax playing girl. Because of the above reasons, the writers have
: >: decided to kill off the smartest Simpson. What follows is a
: >: rough idea of the episode involving Lisa Simpson's death, which
: >: was given to me by my reliable source.
: >
: >: forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

Lisa adds the Ultimate Contrast to Homer. She makes Homer seem
dumber and Dumber every time I watch it.

For instance, in the episode about the football gambling, Lisa
rambles on about everything about football. Homer sits there stunned and
says, "My girl says the sweetest things" IOW, he didn't have a clue what
she said! :-) Lisa also plays on Bart and anyone else that is stupid or
moralless.
The Simpsons would be incomplete without her!

Grant Buffett InterNet: gbuf...@beothuk.swgc.mun.ca
Physics Major or: gbuf...@plato.ucs.mun.ca
CSU Rep for Part-time students
Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, Voice: (709) 634-7696
Memorial University of Newfoundland FAX: (709) 637-6463
"I can see through time...!" -Lisa after eating Apu's Chutney

Doug McNaught

Feb 14, 1995, 10:18:35 AM2/14/95
In article <3hpgmn$3...@news.cs.brandeis.edu> st93...@pip.cc.brandeis.edu writes:

>how accurate is this source... it doesn't seem very likely to me. you make
>a good point in noting that she doesn't attract viewers, but i doubt that

Speak for yourself; Lisa's my favorite character!

>they'll kill her off. maybe they'll develope maggie, i've been waiting for
>that for a while.

Maggie is very well developed. One of my favorites is when she's in
the Ayn Rand Kiddie Kennel (I don't remember the exact name) and
masterminds a Great Escape-style expedition to recover all the babies'
pacifiers. She's a genius baby! (I also like the "baby with one
eyebrow", her arch-enemy).

--
Doug McNaught Systems Integrator Towson State University
Internet: do...@midget.towson.edu *or* mcnau...@toe.towson.edu

DONUTS 13

Feb 14, 1995, 9:22:34 PM2/14/95
Are you people out of your minds! No matter how clever, the Simpsons is a
cartoon. They would never kill a child.

Steve Herrick

Feb 22, 1995, 12:32:48 PM2/22/95

> : I agree with you on Maggie is a genius baby. (I.E. When Maggie
> : plays Tschovisky's "Nutcracker" on her toy xylophone or When
> : Maggie writes her name with an Etch-A-Sketchetch!)
>
> Let's not forget ... Maggie stacks up some blocks to read E=MC2.

Oh come on! She's clearly not THAT bright. I mean she held up the
Aztec flash card when the giant stone head was clearly of Mulmec
origin.

:)

stevo

Vikram Kumar Khare

Feb 22, 1995, 5:38:55 PM2/22/95
BrianTozzo (brian...@aol.com) wrote:
: I agree with you on Maggie is a genius baby. The pun is that her hidden
: genius is being ignored by her family. She's always being forced not to
: show her hidden talents. (I.E. When Maggie plays Tschovisky's
: "Nutcracker" on her toy xylophone, Homer tells Maggie to "Stop that
: racket." or When Maggie writes her name with an Etch-A-Sketch, Homer
: comes around and puts this huge playset on top of the Etch-A-Sketch!)

How does Lisa die?
--
--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--
vkh...@tiger.lsu.edu, http://Not Available For The General Public to View

AMutchler

Feb 23, 1995, 2:25:42 AM2/23/95
<<
From: Steve Herrick <sher...@bbn.com>
Date: 22 Feb 1995 17:32:48 GMT

Oh come on! She's clearly not THAT bright. I mean she held up the
Aztec flash card when the giant stone head was clearly of Mulmec
origin.

No, Steve, not Mulmec! Olmec. Ol... Mec.

--
"Dodecahedron! Do-dec-a-HEE-dron."
"Lisa, I don't know what you're doing, but it's very strange, and your

recs.arts.movies

Feb 23, 1995, 3:24:09 AM2/23/95
I don't think Maggie is complete genius. What kind of genius
would have a baby with one eye brow as her hated nemesis? Also
wouldn't she catch on her soother is going to wreck her incoming
teeth?

In many ways Homer's the true genius, in a very Taoist kinda way.
Not unlike Winne the Pooh...

Dlsmay

Feb 23, 1995, 12:02:20 PM2/23/95
That would be Olmec, stevo. The Mulmec's were an entirely different
tribe...

Dave Hall

Feb 23, 1995, 12:45:41 PM2/23/95
Steve Herrick (sher...@bbn.com) wrote:
> Oh come on! She's clearly not THAT bright. I mean she held up the
> Aztec flash card when the giant stone head was clearly of Mulmec
> origin.

Maggie is certainly intelligence. It must say something about her IQ when
a baby can trick her father out of seven cooks rounds as Maggie has in
``Lisa's First Words''. (But then again, everyone, except maybe Bernie,
is probably brighter than Homer. :)

Extracted from the recently posted Maggie File:

>>Signs of intelligence
[7G01] Knows what a VCR remote is used for
[7G02] spelling out ``E=MC <Squared>'' with toy blocks
[7G06] Bart tells her to run to the one she loves best and she runs to
the TV and hugs it.
[7G09] communicating with bears
[7F22] Maggie shows Lisa an "Aztec" flashcard after seeing the Olmec head
{ddg}
[8F18] taping out `Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies' on a toy xylophone;
Liberating her pacifier
[1F12] doodling `Maggie Simpson' on an `Etch-A-Sketch'
[9F19] Maggie realizes Homer is being attacked because Krusty is mad at
Gabbo's appearance on TV and uses the remote control to change the
channel {ddg}
[1F21] knows what a credenza is.

{Contributions for the Maggie File are welcomed :}

--
``I want what the dog's eating.''
- Maggie

vale v

Oct 5, 2021, 7:14:43 PM10/5/21
El sábado, 4 de febrero de 1995 a la(s) 03:36:21 UTC-5, The Omen escribió:
> [...]
> "I've got It! I've got it!"
>
> No one hears Lisa's scream before she becomes mummified in a
> chocolate cast. Her chocolate casted body comes out on a
> conveyer belt and shocks one of the chocolate inspectors. The
> inspector stops the belt and calls his boss to figure out what to
> do. His boss tells him to ship the cast to the old folks home,
> where she's eaten alive by many stinky old men, including her
> grandfather.
>
> I'll stop here, since she has died. How reliable is this?
> My source has told me about more than 10 episodes that have
> actually aired, a few weeks before their air date. I haven't
> written about episodes in the past because they didn't have as
> much of an impact as this one will. I for one support the
> decision to kill off the annoying little girl. I'm looking
> forward to her death. What does everyone else think?

XD

Moises Sense

Nov 1, 2021, 2:57:07 AM11/1/21
What, vine por Max Power y su videazo

Epimundo

Jan 5, 2022, 6:50:04 AM1/5/22
El lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2021 a la(s) 03:57:07 UTC-3, Moises Sense escribió:
> What, vine por Max Power y su videazo

Jajaja! Hermoso video de este loco lindo llamado Max Power...

Comencé a leer alt.simpsons.tv allá por el año 1998... y sigo pensando que tanto este newsgroup como snpp.com, los FAQs, las cápsulas de episodios, etc... moldearon mi percepción de la realidad de un modo tan complejo que aun no alcanzo del todo a dilucidar.

Pero basta de chácharas y hablemos de lo importante: Que loco que estaba este tipo para decir que iban a matar a Lisa, verdad? jajaja...

Saludos cordiales.

Bart Simpson

Jan 17, 2022, 10:45:44 AM1/17/22
indeed, Lisa is dead, she died when she turned into that vegan weirdo character that nobody likes.